clay co.

wareagle

QUOTE(soggy @ May 4 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826451603[/snapback]celina record over the past 6 years 21-41

white co over the same time 21-40

white co clay

2006 4-6 2-8

2005 6-5 3-7

2004 4-6 5-6

2003 5-5 7-4

2002 0-10 3-7

2001 2-8 1-9

This is not what most people would see as a big upgrade.

Top 4 or 5 is a stretch or you don't know many coaeches

when will things get started in clay co.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soggy, let's see Clay Co. single A, White Co. 4A. Clay Co. playing Watertown, Red Boiling Springs, Monterey etc. With the exception of FCS and Trousdale once they moved down, not a very difficult region IMO. White Co. played in the Nashville Region with Hillsboro and Co. then moved to the Chatt. Region with Rhea Co., Cleveland, Red Bank. Cannot compare it is apples to oranges. White Co. was noncompetitive in the years before Coach Brown. I can even remember Coach Brown taking his Bledsoe Co. team (who were AA) and defeating the Warriors in White Co. He was able to come in and take Sparta to the playoffs in 4A. I had the honor to play for and coach against Coach Brown and I can say that Celina is getting a quality coach, who works hard for his players and is well respected by those who played for him.

Wardawg, I appreciate your last comments on the new coach for CCHS, but I gotta disagree with you on one point: strength of this 1A region.

You failed to mention Gordonsville, and when you put FCS (last year's runnerup) and Trousdale (champ season before last) in the mix, I believe it is easily argued this is now the best region in the state in 1A. The three teams we just mentioned will easily be in the top 10 this season statewide, and I think not a stretch at all to say one of them will at least make it to the state finals and possibly win it all.

Check out the post-season results over the past two years (since Trousdale rejoined the region) and you can see why I have this opinion. When Trousdale won it all season before last, Gordonsville and FCS were the only teams to really play them close at any point during the regular season or playoffs. As recently as three years ago, I would have agreed with you about the region not being so tough, but times have definitely changed.

Again, thanks for the comments for our new coach. I had the opportunity to meet him this week, and he really seems excited about coaching the Dawgs.

Dawgwriter, IMO, your region is top heavy, I regret that I left out Gordonsville but after those three it is not that strong. I am very familiar with single A football over the last 4 years and I believe that though the region is good it may not be the BEST in the state from top to bottom. Region 7 A and 8A in west TN are as good as any. Union City was (state runner up in 05) and JCS (state Champ in 06). can attest to that. The problem is that the teams in those regions knock each other off in the first couple of rounds every year, that is why I would like to see things set up so that Region 5-7 would play and Region 6-8 would play. When you look at those regions you must also add Lake Co., Bruceton(both have state champ and runner up trophies in the case) along with Trinity Christian, Fayette Academy, Mckenzie and West Carroll. Those two regions are as tough as any in the state. To finish, on your point as to FCS and Gordonsville playing Trousdale as close as anyone in 05 you are right, But the same could be said about Lake Co. and JCS in 06, the Falcons played JCS tougher than Mt. Pleasant or FCS and if you don't believe me ask some Eagle fans. They escaped with a 26-21 win by scoring on a 4th and 10 with around 30 seconds left. Great game, they earned the victory by making the play when they needed it. The point is though you guys are getting an excellent coach who I and others have tremendous respect for. Good luck to Clay Co. and Coach Brown.

QUOTE(soggy @ May 4 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826451603[/snapback]celina record over the past 6 years 21-41

white co over the same time 21-40

white co clay

2006 4-6 2-8

2005 6-5 3-7

2004 4-6 5-6

2003 5-5 7-4

2002 0-10 3-7

2001 2-8 1-9

This is not what most people would see as a big upgrade.

Top 4 or 5 is a stretch or you don't know many coaeches

they meant top 40 or 50 lol.

QUOTE(wardawg2038 @ May 5 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826452502[/snapback]Dawgwriter, IMO, your region is top heavy, I regret that I left out Gordonsville but after those three it is not that strong. I am very familiar with single A football over the last 4 years and I believe that though the region is good it may not be the BEST in the state from top to bottom. Region 7 A and 8A in west TN are as good as any. Union City was (state runner up in 05) and JCS (state Champ in 06). can attest to that. The problem is that the teams in those regions knock each other off in the first couple of rounds every year, that is why I would like to see things set up so that Region 5-7 would play and Region 6-8 would play. When you look at those regions you must also add Lake Co., Bruceton(both have state champ and runner up trophies in the case) along with Trinity Christian, Fayette Academy, Mckenzie and West Carroll. Those two regions are as tough as any in the state. To finish, on your point as to FCS and Gordonsville playing Trousdale as close as anyone in 05 you are right, But the same could be said about Lake Co. and JCS in 06, the Falcons played JCS tougher than Mt. Pleasant or FCS and if you don't believe me ask some Eagle fans. They escaped with a 26-21 win by scoring on a 4th and 10 with around 30 seconds left. Great game, they earned the victory by making the play when they needed it. The point is though you guys are getting an excellent coach who I and others have tremendous respect for. Good luck to Clay Co. and Coach Brown.

You were talking about the west tn teams knocking each other out of the playoffs every year.

Well, Trousdale had to get through Friendship and Gordonsville in the playoffs the year they won.

Friendship had to score with 17.4 seconds left to be Gordonsville last year.

and when FC played JCS in the title game, JC only got 20 points after FC's quarterback threw 5 int's.

Gordonsville, TC, and even Watertown would've put up at least 30 to 40 points if that was the case.

Not to take any credit away from JCS.

I just think FC would win 9 out of 10.

As for Clay Co., I would love to see them get back to the way they were in the 90's.

They were always a tough, competitive, and BIG team.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(croz6110 @ May 10 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826456842[/snapback]You were talking about the west tn teams knocking each other out of the playoffs every year.

Well, Trousdale had to get through Friendship and Gordonsville in the playoffs the year they won.

Friendship had to score with 17.4 seconds left to be Gordonsville last year.

and when FC played JCS in the title game, JC only got 20 points after FC's quarterback threw 5 int's.

Gordonsville, TC, and even Watertown would've put up at least 30 to 40 points if that was the case.

Not to take any credit away from JCS.

I just think FC would win 9 out of 10.

As for Clay Co., I would love to see them get back to the way they were in the 90's.

They were always a tough, competitive, and BIG team.

Just to keep things honest and to clear the record, it was 6 int's not 5... but the kid made up for it in the baseball tournament...

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(itsnotwhowins @ Jun 4 2007 - 08:55 PM) 826471362[/snapback]Coach Brown will have those players winning games. He has always done a great job getting a losing team to win. All I know is he almost kicked our tails last year. (Cookeville) One dropped pass play in the endzone cost them the game at the end.

His offensive scheme is nice and he is not afraid to take a chance.Defensively he ran the 5-2 which to me was the worse defense wc could possibly run.