Bledsoe County Football?

warriorhead; you are right on the money. How did the scrimmage go? My son said that he thought they looked like they had no leadership from the players. I heard a name for superintendent that would really stir the pot. I won't tell the name because I don't want to put the cart before the horse. However, it is someone who paid their dues to Bledsoe County and would not let petty politics sway him on what he thought was right. I believe that Mr Robertson's heart is in the right place and I hope that he has some success. It is not necessarily hard to come home but it is hard to be in the situation that he is in. However, he still has enough athletes on the field to make some things happen. Give the ball to Watson with a little room and he can score on almost anybody. Give protection to Colvard and watch him stand in there and deliver the ball. Let's go Big Blue

I am sure you have heard the same name that I have for a possible Superintendent. That would absolutely stir the pot to say the least. I must say if that happens losing will no longer be an option in any sport. Also, coaches not having off season programs would be a thing of the past. I don't know if the gentleman that is being talked to and about would be interested at his age, but it sure would be fun to watch. I guess I am assuming we are talking about the same person. You are talking about someone that worked for the school system some years back and knows how to win ball games and build programs aren't you?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure you have heard the same name that I have for a possible Superintendent. That would absolutely stir the pot to say the least. I must say if that happens losing will no longer be an option in any sport. Also, coaches not having off season programs would be a thing of the past. I don't know if the gentleman that is being talked to and about would be interested at his age, but it sure would be fun to watch. I guess I am assuming we are talking about the same person. You are talking about someone that worked for the school system some years back and knows how to win ball games and build programs aren't you?

I know one that fits the bill that is currenty at taft that would make sure each coach was doing the job and make sure that our kids would be competive with other schools!!Is this the same person??

I know one that fits the bill that is currenty at taft that would make sure each coach was doing the job and make sure that our kids would be competive with other schools!!Is this the same person??

Yes that is the same person that I have been hearing. I wonder if anyone in the know has talked to him to find out if he would actually take it? BCHSWAR, are we all talking about the same person or is there someone else that is being talked about?

Do you Bledsoe guys do anything besides argue about coaches and admin??

Let's talk some football. The first team Bledsoe plays is SP in the 2nd qtr at the Jamboree. We are basically a more experienced version of last years team. What about Bledsoe? Even though we came out on top last year I saw some pretty talented kids on Bledsoe's team. What has Bledsoe changed from last year? Where have they improved? I can't wait until Friday night!

Any takers? Football talk ??? Anybody following how the team is doing?

Any takers? Football talk ??? Anybody following how the team is doing?

The team is small and does not have very much team speed. They have a couple of running backs that are not bad, but the one playing fullback is still not 100% and has lost a step in speed. The tailback is a sophmore (I think) and runs hard, but is not experienced enough or strong enough to be a force at this point. Neither of them have the speed to break things wide open... but they are not bad ball players. The QB is a pretty good High School athlete, but that is as far as it goes. Given time, he can complete some passes and seems to stay pretty cool under fire. Will not lose a game for you, but probably can't command a win either. The O-line is just small and not very strong (at least in appearance). The defense seems to play hard and wants to get around the ball, but again this team does not have the size, strength, or speed to be region hunt or anything like that. This ball club will win 3 or 4 games and should be able to stay competitive with most of the teams on their schedule.

ding ding Vpender. I think we are talking about the same person. It would be someone that knows how to get things done. I just hope that isn't just talk but reality. Anyway go big blue

Are you all serious? Has anyone actually talked to him to find out if he is interested or is this just rumor mill stuff?

The team is small and does not have very much team speed. They have a couple of running backs that are not bad, but the one playing fullback is still not 100% and has lost a step in speed. The tailback is a sophmore (I think) and runs hard, but is not experienced enough or strong enough to be a force at this point. Neither of them have the speed to break things wide open... but they are not bad ball players. The QB is a pretty good High School athlete, but that is as far as it goes. Given time, he can complete some passes and seems to stay pretty cool under fire. Will not lose a game for you, but probably can't command a win either. The O-line is just small and not very strong (at least in appearance). The defense seems to play hard and wants to get around the ball, but again this team does not have the size, strength, or speed to be region hunt or anything like that. This ball club will win 3 or 4 games and should be able to stay competitive with most of the teams on their schedule.

I agree with that from what I saw on Friday, they looked to be intimidated & the entire coaching staff looked like they were not wanting to be out there, no intencity (sp) at all, the other teams coaches were running out there patting helments, getting there kids fired up & our coaches were doing what they have done the past 5 years NOTHING!!!!!!!

It is a crying shame that twenty something kids is all our new coach can get to play ball, I have personally talked to 4 kids parents that there kids played all through school even played middle school last year, but will not let there kids play under this coaching staff..... I for one am tired of the 2nd rate education, 3rd rate sports programs we have here in this county, I plan to talk with every school board member we have in the next couple weeks, as I am fed up with this I'll scratch your back buddy system we are subjecting our kids to, & WAKE UP FOLKS, THE KIDS ARE THE ONES SUFFERING & LOOSING SELF ESTEME WITH EACH & EVERY LOSS & SETBACK.......

Knowing the above, what offense and defense scheme would you suggest ?

Of course, this is just speaking in theory only, for conversation.

Thanks, your opinion is valued.

Polecat

I agree with that from what I saw on Friday, they looked to be intimidated & the entire coaching staff looked like they were not wanting to be out there, no intencity (sp) at all, the other teams coaches were running out there patting helments, getting there kids fired up & our coaches were doing what they have done the past 5 years NOTHING!!!!!!!

It is a crying shame that twenty something kids is all our new coach can get to play ball, I have personally talked to 4 kids parents that there kids played all through school even played middle school last year, but will not let there kids play under this coaching staff..... I for one am tired of the 2nd rate education, 3rd rate sports programs we have here in this county, I plan to talk with every school board member we have in the next couple weeks, as I am fed up with this I'll scratch your back buddy system we are subjecting our kids to, & WAKE UP FOLKS, THE KIDS ARE THE ONES SUFFERING & LOOSING SELF ESTEME WITH EACH & EVERY LOSS & SETBACK.......

If this is your opinion you obviously didn't see anything on Friday. Our coaches were doing the same as others and were excited when the kids made big plays.......But in the same sense the players have lots they need to work on. But I'm sure you could fix everything if you became coach or school superintendant. A lot of this stuff is being said and my connections on the school board tell me nothing has been brought forth to them......sounds like you guys just get on here and cry instead of getting behind Big Blue.