Alcoa in 2007

Tornado89

QUOTE(Tom142 @ Jun 7 2007 - 03:09 PM) 826472612[/snapback]If he's the same Henry that I saw playing running back, I believe, he was very talented as well. I also remember them having a tall, athletic-looking receiver, I think his last name was Jett?

The Jett kid is a FR. wr for alcoa. He wont be expected to do much this season but is a guy who will be a very good player for alcoa in the coming years. hes kind of a shiver type kid a wr. the FR wr who should compete for playing time the earliest will be steven isom, the nephew of former alcoa qb michael george. hes a kid whos got a chance to be as good as any once as he continues to learn the position.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ILuvsports @ Jun 12 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826474260[/snapback]The Jett kid is a FR. wr for alcoa. He wont be expected to do much this season but is a guy who will be a very good player for alcoa in the coming years. hes kind of a shiver type kid a wr. the FR wr who should compete for playing time the earliest will be steven isom, the nephew of former alcoa qb michael george. hes a kid whos got a chance to be as good as any once as he continues to learn the position.

Well, maybe it was Isom I was thinking of. Either way it looks like Alcoa will have some more talent coming in at receiver once Sommer, Thompson, and Suddereth graduate.

QUOTE(Tom142 @ Jun 13 2007 - 10:47 AM) 826474602[/snapback]Well, maybe it was Isom I was thinking of. Either way it looks like Alcoa will have some more talent coming in at receiver once Sommer, Thompson, and Suddereth graduate.

Tom142, what's the situation with Troy Hodge, or is there a situation? Thanks

QUOTE(ILuvsports @ Jun 12 2007 - 02:33 PM) 826474260[/snapback]The Jett kid is a FR. wr for alcoa. He wont be expected to do much this season but is a guy who will be a very good player for alcoa in the coming years. hes kind of a shiver type kid a wr. the FR wr who should compete for playing time the earliest will be steven isom, the nephew of former alcoa qb michael george. hes a kid whos got a chance to be as good as any once as he continues to learn the position.

In my opinion, the winner of the Westmoreland and Smith County contest in the playoffs will play Alcoa. I hope it is Westmoreland. Westmoreland beat Smith County for the Region title in 2006 and lost by one touchdown to them in the playoffs. Westmoreland lost a lot of Seniors but returns a large Junior and Sophmore class that I think will be very good with some experience under their belt. Smith County also lost some very key players in key positions, but they will be good also. Truth of the matter, Alcoa was probably the best team in the state all all classifications in 06 by the year end. My opinion they were the best. If they are just a very good 2A team and not the best team in the state in all classifications, there should be some 2A teams out there that can at least give them a good game this year. Time will tell, but it is sure fun talking about it.

QUOTE(singray @ Jun 13 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826474611[/snapback]In my opinion, the winner of the Westmoreland and Smith County contest in the playoffs will play Alcoa. I hope it is Westmoreland. Westmoreland beat Smith County for the Region title in 2006 and lost by one touchdown to them in the playoffs. Westmoreland lost a lot of Seniors but returns a large Junior and Sophmore class that I think will be very good with some experience under their belt. Smith County also lost some very key players in key positions, but they will be good also. Truth of the matter, Alcoa was probably the best team in the state all all classifications in 06 by the year end. My opinion they were the best. If they are just a very good 2A team and not the best team in the state in all classifications, there should be some 2A teams out there that can at least give them a good game this year. Time will tell, but it is sure fun talking about it.

singray.

Alcoa was playing very well @ the end of the year; however, so too were Maryville & Fulton. Both beat Alcoa earlier in the season as well as improved as the season progressed. IMO, Maryville would have beat them again. Fulton would have been a "toss up." Hillsboro, Riverdale, Smyrna, would have also presented some interesting match-up problems for Alcoa. JMO.

ruse?

If you want the Top 5 in the state at the end of last year then here it is folks:

1.) Maryville

2.) Smyrna

3.) Fulton

4.) Alcoa

5.) Riverdale

Alcoa was an awfully impressive team in '06 don't get me wrong but they played both Fulton & Maryville last year at times where both of those teams were not near playing their best football either. Alcoa is not the only team that can use that excuse. Smith Co. & Goodpasture were two excellent teams last year that were both steamrolled by Alcoa deep in the postseason however to say that those two teams would have beaten Maryville, Smyrna, or Fulton is INSANE!!!

The team that had the toughest road on the way to the championship last year was Fulton. Fulton beat 4 REGION CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS IN 4 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS ALL ON THE ROAD!!!! Carter, Knoxville Catholic, Pearl Cohn, & David Lipscomb all won region titles last year and all were strong football teams. Fulton beat them all away from home.

Smyrna beat Riverdale & Ravenwood in the playoffs last year. Maryville beat Morristown West & Hillsboro last year in the postseason.

QUOTE(Big Country @ Jun 13 2007 - 06:22 PM) 826474761[/snapback]If you want the Top 5 in the state at the end of last year then here it is folks:

1.) Maryville

2.) Smyrna

3.) Fulton

4.) Alcoa

5.) Riverdale

Alcoa was an awfully impressive team in '06 don't get me wrong but they played both Fulton & Maryville last year at times where both of those teams were not near playing their best football either. Alcoa is not the only team that can use that excuse. Smith Co. & Goodpasture were two excellent teams last year that were both steamrolled by Alcoa deep in the postseason however to say that those two teams would have beaten Maryville, Smyrna, or Fulton is INSANE!!!

The team that had the toughest road on the way to the championship last year was Fulton. Fulton beat 4 REGION CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS IN 4 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS ALL ON THE ROAD!!!! Carter, Knoxville Catholic, Pearl Cohn, & David Lipscomb all won region titles last year and all were strong football teams. Fulton beat them all away from home.

Smyrna beat Riverdale & Ravenwood in the playoffs last year. Maryville beat Morristown West & Hillsboro last year in the postseason.

Symra Would not have beat Alcoa or Fulton if they would had played them. And If Rankin would had thrown it more in the Maryville game they would had beat Maryville but Rankin did not yet know what he had. He only threw the ball to kyrus twice and he scored once. If Alcoa would have played fulton again at the end of the year tey would have beaten them by two touchdowns. Maryville would still have to be number 1 with Alcoa number 2 and Fulton at 3.

QUOTE(Tornado89 @ Jun 13 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826474610[/snapback]Tom142, what's the situation with Troy Hodge, or is there a situation? Thanks

He's back.

QUOTE(noquarter @ Jun 14 2007 - 06:02 AM) 826474908[/snapback]Symra Would not have beat Alcoa or Fulton if they would had played them. And If Rankin would had thrown it more in the Maryville game they would had beat Maryville but Rankin did not yet know what he had. He only threw the ball to kyrus twice and he scored once. If Alcoa would have played fulton again at the end of the year tey would have beaten them by two touchdowns. Maryville would still have to be number 1 with Alcoa number 2 and Fulton at 3.

He's back.

Thanks for the info on Hodge. I have been concerned.

QUOTE(noquarter @ Jun 14 2007 - 06:02 AM) 826474908[/snapback]Symra Would not have beat Alcoa or Fulton if they would had played them. And If Rankin would had thrown it more in the Maryville game they would had beat Maryville but Rankin did not yet know what he had. He only threw the ball to kyrus twice and he scored once. If Alcoa would have played fulton again at the end of the year tey would have beaten them by two touchdowns. Maryville would still have to be number 1 with Alcoa number 2 and Fulton at 3.

He's back.

These post are so predictable from Alcoa's delusional fan base. Every year.....every year we hear this hilarious whine. Easy to forget that Maryville took a knee on Alcoa's three yard line as time expired. To state that Alcoa would have beat Maryville at the end of the year is ludicrious. Maryville had two starting linebackers and one of the best backs in the state (Tank Baker) that were suspended for that game. Maryville was three to four TD's better than Alcoa at the end of the year. Yes....their passing game had improved at the end of the year but do you really think they would have had much success against a stellar Maryville defensive backfield, a much improved defensive line, and two of the top linebackers in the state? I doubt so and as we all saw this Maryville team had very little problem shutting down the Hillsboro team that had one of the top passing games in the state. Remember....Maryville was not Good Pasture, a team that more than held their own against Alcoa in the state.

Alcoa will not make it to the championship game in 2007. My prediction is the semis at best and most likely they go down in the quarters. Yes........they will stomp the bergs of the world but the quality teams in 2A will compete with Alcoa this year. I understand the optimism from Alcoa fans that are predicting continued domanance, and they do have a nice bunch of young players on the way, but they lost entirely too much line depth and athletes from last years stellar team to repeat.

In the end Alcoa better pray that their key players do not go down to injury this year because they have very little backing them up.

As for Alcoa academics......if I were an Alcoa fan I would be embarrassed. The abuse of the student athlete at Alcoa for athletic gain is incredible. I can not believe the situations that exist at Alcoa with kids that are in horrible academic standing yet are allowed to take the field. There is a movement among the African American community in Alcoa to fix this problem. Yeah, it's great that Johnny will be a D-1 player with a free ride unfortunately he is a failure in the class room and very little has been done about it. This is not just me saying this but many in the African American community. Hopefully this will be rectified and the many great athletes at Alcoa will get the opportunity they well deserve and the direction in the classroom that will help them fullfill their dreams.

JMO!

QUOTE(MLREB @ Jun 14 2007 - 10:01 AM) 826474958[/snapback]

These post are so predictable from Alcoa's delusional fan base. Every year.....every year we hear this hilarious whine. Easy to forget that Maryville took a knee on Alcoa's three yard line as time expired. To state that Alcoa would have beat Maryville at the end of the year is ludicrious. Maryville had two starting linebackers and one of the best backs in the state (Tank Baker) that were suspended for that game. Maryville was three to four TD's better than Alcoa at the end of the year. Yes....their passing game had improved at the end of the year but do you really think they would have had much success against a stellar Maryville defensive backfield, a much improved defensive line, and two of the top linebackers in the state? I doubt so and as we all saw this Maryville team had very little problem shutting down the Hillsboro team that had one of the top passing games in the state. Remember....Maryville was not Good Pasture, a team that more than held their own against Alcoa in the state.

Alcoa will not make it to the championship game in 2007. My prediction is the semis at best and most likely they go down in the quarters. Yes........they will stomp the bergs of the world but the quality teams in 2A will compete with Alcoa this year. I understand the optimism from Alcoa fans that are predicting continued domanance, and they do have a nice bunch of young players on the way, but they lost entirely too much line depth and athletes from last years stellar team to repeat.

In the end Alcoa better pray that their key players do not go down to injury this year because they have very little backing them up.

As for Alcoa academics......if I were an Alcoa fan I would be embarrassed. The abuse of the student athlete at Alcoa for athletic gain is incredible. I can not believe the situations that exist at Alcoa with kids that are in horrible academic standing yet are allowed to take the field. There is a movement among the African American community in Alcoa to fix this problem. Yeah, it's great that Johnny will be a D-1 player with a free ride unfortunately he is a failure in the class room and very little has been done about it. This is not just me saying this but many in the African American community. Hopefully this will be rectified and the many great athletes at Alcoa will get the opportunity they well deserve and the direction in the classroom that will help them fullfill their dreams.

JMO!

I would think Alcoa will be very very good this year. They certainly are the favorite to win 2a again. Rankin is very good at developing players with little or no experience.

QUOTE(MLREB @ Jun 14 2007 - 09:01 AM) 826474958[/snapback]

MLREB, I did forget about the kneel down and the 6+ minute drive to seal the win.