blackman blaze 2007

january25

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(january25 @ Jun 8 2007 - 01:14 AM) 826472812[/snapback]is this goin to be blackman best year tell me what u think .......... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Lot's of experience. I expect the Blaze will challenge for a playoff spot and be much better than most think. I think I pickrd them for the playoffs back in my winter picks.

QUOTE(McNine4MVP @ Jun 8 2007 - 11:27 AM) 826472909[/snapback]What happened at Blackman? They started off so well as a program in the early part of the decade, but then fell off quickly? Was it loss of talent, poor coaching, lack of admin support, or what???

A little bit of both IMO. They did so well early on in large part to getting alot of guys from other programs, mainly riverdale. Once those guys left, the talent and the numbers started to dry up and Alsup didnt have that fire that he had when he was at Oakland in the 90's. I agree with TDC in that I look for Blackman to challenge for the playoffs, they really improved as the season went on and they have all those sophmores that dominated everyone they were freshmen, so the future is looking good for the Blaze

Blackman could be an upset team for alot of folks this year. With the new leadership there having a year under its belt and the amount of young players that got playing time last year they could be a playoff team this year.

Thing is they are smart and laying under everyones radar right now and I for one 'think' it is on purpose. They also have the advantage of NOT having its best players suddenly going to other schools anymore.

QUOTE(VOL DAWG @ Jun 8 2007 - 04:43 PM) 826472996[/snapback]Im not sure if the sophomores are going to be enough to make this team good enough to make the playoffs. They lost their RBs and have never had a passing game.

But you never know, I still think they are a year or 2 away.

Oakland proved that you can do it while relying on sophmores. The 2000 team that went 10-3 had a lot of sophmores as starters or getting significant playing time. Not saying blackman will pull the same feat, but when you look at what they were able to accomplish and who they have coming back, I wouldnt not put it past them

QUOTE(McNine4MVP @ Jun 8 2007 - 11:27 AM) 826472909[/snapback]What happened at Blackman? They started off so well as a program in the early part of the decade, but then fell off quickly? Was it loss of talent, poor coaching, lack of admin support, or what???

Blackman has never had much support from their administration, their principal has always been about academics (not a bad thing) but from that you can see why they dont have the facilities that other schools in the boro have.

All the other principals are former coaches or are VERY involved in the athletic programs at their schools, Blackman's however is not at all interested in making the athletic programs any better.

QUOTE(VOL DAWG @ Jun 8 2007 - 04:50 PM) 826472998[/snapback]Blackman has never had much support from their administration, their principal has always been about academics (not a bad thing) but from that you can see why they dont have the facilities that other schools in the boro have.

All the other principals are former coaches or are VERY involved in the athletic programs at their schools, Blackman's however is not at all interested in making the athletic programs any better.

Then why did she try so hard to get Crawford back from Williamson County? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

She may not like sports, but she does understand the importance they play to both students and more importantly the parents that pay for them and her salery. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think you are wrong......Vick has improved a lot of things at Blackman athletically. First of all, she got rid of Alsup, and tried her best to hire in Crawford . When that didn't work, she tried to hire in Perry ( who has really turned around MJ already.) The boy's soccer team was ONE point away from going to the finals at state this year. The boy's bball team did great. Believe they ended up at #2 in a VERY competitive district. (District Record: 10-4 Region record: 13-5)

Baseball did well, and so did softball. They had several in track that went to state this yr and one who placed second at state. Nothing to sneeze at. I am not sure about the other sports, but seems like the only ones struggling were girls bball and varsity football .

Didn't Vick coach Girls bball at Riverdale at one time?

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jun 8 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826473112[/snapback]I think you are wrong......Vick has improved a lot of things at Blackman athletically. First of all, she got rid of Alsup, and tried her best to hire in Crawford . When that didn't work, she tried to hire in Perry ( who has really turned around MJ already.) The boy's soccer team was ONE point away from going to the finals at state this year. The boy's bball team did great. Believe they ended up at #2 in a VERY competitive district. (District Record: 10-4 Region record: 13-5)

Baseball did well, and so did softball. They had several in track that went to state this yr and one who placed second at state. Nothing to sneeze at. I am not sure about the other sports, but seems like the only ones struggling were girls bball and varsity football .

Didn't Vick coach Girls bball at Riverdale at one time?

good post