Class 2A: Region 8 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

Ok so there is no doubt that its between Westview Milan and Trenton, but i give Westview the edge! Coach Coady and his staff always put there teams in positions to win ball games and with the crew they have returning they should win a lot. They lost 8 seniors who were good ball players and leaders at taught this group of seniors well! With Burlison, Moore, Nanney, Tucker, West and the others they should be hard to beat! Watch out for Burlison eatin up running backs while Legens eats up interceptions and with the offense led by Moore, the Bus (Griggs), Nanney, and a crew of young guns they will be tough!

I can appreciate you takin up for your boys but Westview is 1-7 against Milan over the last 5 years. I worry about Trenton, I think they could have the best backfield in the region. Those boys have got some game!!! Without a doubt it ought to be a lot of fun this year. Looks like Westview also scheduled a tough non-region slate. On the road against Camden and Henry Co. will be tough. Good Luck in 2007 but not too much -

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um....excuse me...while everyone is stuck on humboldt being in a "rebuilding year"...and not givin us a shot at anything....we lost 7 to 8 players startin total...far from rebuilding...a HUGE line returns minus ONE...Recievers...back....qb...two very qualified athletes steppin in...full back....two Massive full backs...rb...plenty to choose from...all able to get the job done...defense....huge line...experianced lbs...played great last year...safteys return...corners experianced...great hands....place kicker is back...the ONLY place humboldt is having the slightest little trouble is a punter....because we have three fighting for it....Humboldt is among one of the top teams in this region and all of 2a.....but it doesnt matter...keep puttin us at the bottom of the lists....yall did last year....guess wat....Region baby...and milan dont say anything about it being handed to us...repeat...plus a run for the ship....definate possibilties

I heard humboldts coach on ESPN radio "two a days" today. You seem much more optimistic than he did. I hope humboldt is good this year. I like the rivalry. Yall were good last year and I enjoyed both of those games. I hope to come watch yall week 0.

Does anyone know if Goodpasture will be as good as last year???? If not 1 of 3 teams in this Region could make a state championship run....Those 3 teams being Milan, Trenton, and Westview....I think everyone on here is underestimating Trenton...they have their WHOLE backfield back from last year that will be tough to stop!!!!

um....excuse me...while everyone is stuck on humboldt being in a "rebuilding year"...and not givin us a shot at anything....we lost 7 to 8 players startin total...far from rebuilding...a HUGE line returns minus ONE...Recievers...back....qb...two very qualified athletes steppin in...full back....two Massive full backs...rb...plenty to choose from...all able to get the job done...defense....huge line...experianced lbs...played great last year...safteys return...corners experianced...great hands....place kicker is back...the ONLY place humboldt is having the slightest little trouble is a punter....because we have three fighting for it....Humboldt is among one of the top teams in this region and all of 2a.....but it doesnt matter...keep puttin us at the bottom of the lists....yall did last year....guess wat....Region baby...and milan dont say anything about it being handed to us...repeat...plus a run for the ship....definate possibilties

You lost Keith Wardlow AND Adrian Donald...that's 2 of the 3 best players on the team last year the other being EJ which will be a senior this year...you'll probably make the playoffs with the new system they have set up but I don't know if you'll make it to the BIG SHIP!!! Milan, Westview, AND Trenton are all better than you this year...JCS will fight you for the fourth spot in region 8-2A GOOD LUCK!!!!

Region will probably shape like this

1) Trenton

2) Milan

3) Westview

4) JCS

5) Humboldt

6) Gibson Co.

7) USJ

8) Dresden

I can appreciate you takin up for your boys but Westview is 1-7 against Milan over the last 5 years. I worry about Trenton, I think they could have the best backfield in the region. Those boys have got some game!!! Without a doubt it ought to be a lot of fun this year. Looks like Westview also scheduled a tough non-region slate. On the road against Camden and Henry Co. will be tough. Good Luck in 2007 but not too much -

Honestly i'm sure Westview doesn't want you to worry about them! They'll just come in under the radar and do what they have to do, but good luck to yall too!

You lost Keith Wardlow AND Adrian Donald...that's 2 of the 3 best players on the team last year the other being EJ which will be a senior this year...you'll probably make the playoffs with the new system they have set up but I don't know if you'll make it to the BIG SHIP!!! Milan, Westview, AND Trenton are all better than you this year...JCS will fight you for the fourth spot in region 8-2A GOOD LUCK!!!!

Region will probably shape like this

1) Trenton

2) Milan

3) Westview

4) JCS

5) Humboldt

6) Gibson Co.

7) USJ

8) Dresden

uh oh...did we forget football is a TEAM game..and our team is not focused around those two people..altho they were great players and did great things for the team..they arent all 11 people..in case you couldnt tell..they are 2..now on the other hand..the line that blocked for adrian donald and keith wardlow is back and bigger than ever.....like i said before...keep puttin us down at the bottom of your lists...its more fun to pull out the surprise anyway

I read on the boards that Milan recruited a great QB, what other new recruits do they have this year that I haven't heard or read about?

uh oh...did we forget football is a TEAM game..and our team is not focused around those two people..altho they were great players and did great things for the team..they arent all 11 people..in case you couldnt tell..they are 2..now on the other hand..the line that blocked for adrian donald and keith wardlow is back and bigger than ever.....like i said before...keep puttin us down at the bottom of your lists...its more fun to pull out the surprise anyway

You CAN NOT sit there and say last year that your team did not RELY HEAVILY on Adrian Donald an Keith Wardlow!!! YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!!! If you did not have either of those 2 last year you wouldn't of done as well as you did...this year you'll have ONE person to rely on and thats E.J. Epperson....Until you prove me wrong thats my opinion!!!

I read on the boards that Milan recruited a great QB, what other new recruits do they have this year that I haven't heard or read about?

Or possibly he just wanted a better shot at being able to win a game and came to Milan???? stinks when Milan dominates like they do year in and year out but yet people accuse them of recruiting...You must be from Dresden

Or possibly he just wanted a better shot at being able to win a game and came to Milan???? stinks when Milan dominates like they do year in and year out but yet people accuse them of recruiting...You must be from Dresden

Yep, the kid from Dresden will shine in Milan under some great coaching and his dad has lived in Milan for many years.

Yep, the kid from Dresden will shine in Milan under some great coaching and his dad has lived in Milan for many years.

How do you coach someone to change their reaction from throw it up for grabs when a 265 lb. D-tackle who is just as fast as you is coming at you like a freight train? Just wondering.

You're absolutely right GC. I know Coleman personally and one thing he talked about was wanting to play for Milan because of the tradition we've built for winning games. And I don't think anyone could blame a kid for wanting to win, right??