Class 2A: Region 8 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

This week it is westview and trenton!!! This should be a great game...westview is coming off of last weeks win with a lot of momentum. I hope that they dont let it go to thier heads though cuz trenton is a threat and i dont want westview to underestimate them. I dont believe that coady will let them but there is only so much that he can say. it will be up to the players on friday night to do the work. If westview plays the type of game that they did last week trenton may be in for a long night...if westview gets the big head then they may be in for a long night. I personally think that westview could have a deep run into the playoffs this year and maybe even take a trip to the boro.

Well, NO ONE should underestimate Trenton...If you do you must be either Maryville or Alcoa and know you will beat them handily...Trenton is one of the top 2a teams around here for sure as well as Westview...As for this weeks game I do believe Trenton will take this one here in the regular season but come playoff time I do believe if they get to meet in the quarterfinals Westview would take the game just because they've already seen them before...Westview does have a good shot this year but don't set your eyes on Murfreesboro just yet, you still have the rest of the regular season and then playoff time! Good Luck to the Chargers!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the beginning of the year I really didn't think much about Westview. That wasn't meant as a slight it was just for the past few years they have always been a very good team that is "close" to the best in the region. After this past weeks win against Henry County they are at the top of a lot of list. That was nothing short of impressive to get that W.

I am still worried about the usual suspects in the region - ie: Humboldt and Trenton, but you can bet "if" both Milan and Westview go into week 10 with perfect region records it will be a slobber knocker for sure.

Westview is almost always in the running for winning the Region, but I think Milan is still gonna take control of it. I saw them play Camden and that was one tough game from both teams, but I've yet to see Westveiw They're a good team so I beleive when Milan and them meet it'll be a great game. SO with that being said Milan first, Westview second.

Westview is almost always in the running for winning the Region, but I think Milan is still gonna take control of it. I saw them play Camden and that was one tough game from both teams, but I've yet to see Westveiw They're a good team so I beleive when Milan and them meet it'll be a great game. SO with that being said Milan first, Westview second.

Doesn't Camden and Westview face off in a couple of weeks? If so, I would love to watch it.

At the beginning of the year I really didn't think much about Westview. That wasn't meant as a slight it was just for the past few years they have always been a very good team that is "close" to the best in the region. After this past weeks win against Henry County they are at the top of a lot of list. That was nothing short of impressive to get that W.

I am still worried about the usual suspects in the region - ie: Humboldt and Trenton, but you can bet "if" both Milan and Westview go into week 10 with perfect region records it will be a slobber knocker for sure.

Since 2001 Westview has finished: 2001-1st, 2002-2nd, 2003-last, 2004-1st, 2005-1st, 2006-3rd, if memory serves me correctly. I guess "being close" refers to 2002 and 2006. That means that Milan was" close" to being the best team in 2001,2004,2005,and 2007.

Since 2001 Westview has finished: 2001-1st, 2002-2nd, 2003-last, 2004-1st, 2005-1st, 2006-3rd, if memory serves me correctly. I guess "being close" refers to 2002 and 2006. That means that Milan was" close" to being the best team in 2001,2004,2005,and 2007.

No, I was really reflecting on Milan having a 7-1 record against Westview in the past 8 games. I honestly didn't know that Westview won the region in 04 & 05.

As I stated earlier, you guys have got to be stout if you beat Henry Co. I would love for the last regular season game to be for all the marbles. Only time will tell. But while the region championship is good and fine, I would always trade it for playing deep into November and early December in the Boro.

Camden and Westveiw take their dance on the 28 exactly one week from friday, and yes it should be a great game. Look forward to playing host to Westveiw to, they are a classy team and community.

Wow! Lots of great football this week, next week and so on. Westview played HC last week, faces Trenton Peabody this week and moves on to Camden next week. Other than Union City, Coady picked a couple of tough non-region opponents. Looking at Milan and Camden, they don't shy away from quality non-region play as well. It will be interesting to see how Region 8 stacks up this week after Milan/Humboldt and Peabody/Westview. I LOVE IT! Good luck to everyone this week!

WESTVIEW BEATS TRENTON !! LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING CAMDEN ,GONNA BE A GREAT GAME OF TWO GOOD COACHES AND FOOTBALL TEAMS!!!

#1. Trenton is a fine football team.

#2. Milan is a good team too.

#3. Westview may well be deep in the palyoffs before they worry about a loss!!!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I had forgoten about Westveiw winning the region in '04 and '05. I just remembered milan winning in the playoffs.