Class 2A: Region 8 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOO I thought Harrison Moore was a senior last year...Westview could be in the running for a region championship this year....who is the RB in Westview this year?

Looks like JC Griggs "The Bus Jr." will return at fullback. Nanney will fill at tailback along with a couple of slippery young newcomers. Harrison Moore will also add an additional running threat but a lot faster stronger and 20 lbs. added this year.

Milan or JCS.. It will be a close one. I'm sorry to "disagree" with all of you on that, but watching the many training camp tapes and following the statistics in those (Ones at other schools where there is actually competition) can be a pretty good sign of things to come. Call me crazy... but we've all found out that football is that way. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Looks like JC Griggs "The Bus Jr." will return at fullback. Nanney will fill at tailback along with a couple of slippery young newcomers. Harrison Moore will also add an additional running threat but a lot faster stronger and 20 lbs. added this year.

Westview will be on up there...this is a very tough region...

Does anyone know if Goodpasture will be as good as last year???? If not 1 of 3 teams in this Region could make a state championship run....Those 3 teams being Milan, Trenton, and Westview....I think everyone on here is underestimating Trenton...they have their WHOLE backfield back from last year that will be tough to stop!!!!

Westview will be on up there...this is a very tough region...

Does anyone know if Goodpasture will be as good as last year???? If not 1 of 3 teams in this Region could make a state championship run....Those 3 teams being Milan, Trenton, and Westview....I think everyone on here is underestimating Trenton...they have their WHOLE backfield back from last year that will be tough to stop!!!!

Trenton will definatly be good. They were a very good team last year and they aint lost much. I fully expect them to be our toughest competition for the region. Coaching should give us an advantage but they will be tough no doubt.

Trenton will definatly be good. They were a very good team last year and they aint lost much. I fully expect them to be our toughest competition for the region. Coaching should give us an advantage but they will be tough no doubt.

This region is always fun to watch. Look at the pre-season coaches picks from last year and you'll see what I mean. Milan, Westview and Trenton may be toss ups, you never know. Coleman needs to make much better decisions on the field this year as Milan's QB or you could see more turnovers via int's than you are used to seeing. Harper and the rest of his backfield are fierce.

• 4 weeks later...

um....excuse me...while everyone is stuck on humboldt being in a "rebuilding year"...and not givin us a shot at anything....we lost 7 to 8 players startin total...far from rebuilding...a HUGE line returns minus ONE...Recievers...back....qb...two very qualified athletes steppin in...full back....two Massive full backs...rb...plenty to choose from...all able to get the job done...defense....huge line...experianced lbs...played great last year...safteys return...corners experianced...great hands....place kicker is back...the ONLY place humboldt is having the slightest little trouble is a punter....because we have three fighting for it....Humboldt is among one of the top teams in this region and all of 2a.....but it doesnt matter...keep puttin us at the bottom of the lists....yall did last year....guess wat....Region baby...and milan dont say anything about it being handed to us...repeat...plus a run for the ship....definate possibilties

Ok so there is no doubt that its between Westview Milan and Trenton, but i give Westview the edge! Coach Coady and his staff always put there teams in positions to win ball games and with the crew they have returning they should win a lot. They lost 8 seniors who were good ball players and leaders at taught this group of seniors well! With Burlison, Moore, Nanney, Tucker, West and the others they should be hard to beat! Watch out for Burlison eatin up running backs while Legens eats up interceptions and with the offense led by Moore, the Bus (Griggs), Nanney, and a crew of young guns they will be tough!

• 3 weeks later...

Milan is a great tem with an impressive QB, my pick will be milan this year to be in the boro

Nice prediction TrojanFan. Maybe you would see things differently after scrimmaging Trenton, Humboldt, or Westview. Trenton and Westview have some pretty impressive QB's too. Not sure about Humboldt's QB this year. Ask your new QB Logan Parker if he thinks Westview might compete with Milan. He had a grand time at the spring scrimmage last year.