Mercy Rule

thug dadi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thug dadi @ Jun 11 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826474079[/snapback]Has any else seen this? Is this real? http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...SPORTS/70611011

I think its a well intentioned rule, but is also another example of how TSSAA cannot do anything of real consequence. A blow out is a blow out. What kid is going to walk of the field and say, wow, I'm glad we had the mercy rule to save us. It now only adds more embarassment to the kids who just got their brains beat out. Passing rules to control things on the field, TSSAA can do. Passing and enforcing rules and regulations off the field seems to be beyond their capabilities.

QUOTE(Solomon @ Jun 12 2007 - 07:11 AM) 826474119[/snapback]Apparently so - see # 13.

http://www.tssaa.org/BoardofControl/Actions/June2007.htm

I am willing to bet we see it used EARLY this year on TV no less when Smyrna plays Siegel on Saturday night in week zero on CSS. I hope the announcers are up on it when it has to be explained to the TV audience.

Yet another instance where the TSSAA is being politically correct. I guess next year we will see football replaced with by a spirited game of pillow fighting. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:02 AM) 826474141[/snapback]I am willing to bet we see it used EARLY this year on TV no less when Smyrna plays Siegel on Saturday night in week zero on CSS. I hope the announcers are up on it when it has to be explained to the TV audience.

Yet another instance where the TSSAA is being politically correct. I guess next year we will see football replaced with by a spirited game of pillow fighting. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Hah!!! Thats too funny.

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:02 AM) 826474141[/snapback]I am willing to bet we see it used EARLY this year on TV no less when Smyrna plays Siegel on Saturday night in week zero on CSS. I hope the announcers are up on it when it has to be explained to the TV audience.

RUN THE CLOCK!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Now that was funny!

Is the CSS schedule available??

A mercy rule in football what joke im going to have to go with the old ball coach on this one its not a teams job to take it easy on another team its the other teams job to keep them from scoring. Play the full 4 quarters most of the time if a team is up by alot they will play 3rd string players in the 4th and if you cant stop them then you probably shouldnt be playing

A mercy rule in football what joke im going to have to go with the old ball coach on this one its not a teams job to take it easy on another team its the other teams job to keep them from scoring. Play the full 4 quarters most of the time if a team is up by alot they will play 3rd string players in the 4th and if you cant stop them then you probably shouldnt be playing

well put...itd be different if it was middle school maybe or like pee wee but its high school

The mercy rule will shorten the time the 2nd and 3rd teamers get to play. It saying to the opposing team...GIVE UP. I like to see opposing team try to get a least one score at the end of the game when the subs are playing. It takes some of the hurt out of a defeat. With the time running, expect to see more goose eggs in the scoring box this year.