Class 4A: Region 1 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember, Tennessee lost their entire offense. I could be wrong. I do know a kid by the name of Phillips that is back at South and he will lead his team to a third cosecutive conf championship. Tennessee will battle Johnson Co for second/third. Betsy gets the final playoff spot.

From what I remember, Tennessee lost their entire offense. I could be wrong. I do know a kid by the name of Phillips that is back at South and he will lead his team to a third cosecutive conf championship. Tennessee will battle Johnson Co for second/third. Betsy gets the final playoff spot.

this is how i think stuff will play out THS offense is young but their defense is tuff as ever. South has phillips but does he have the weapons he has had in the past.......i dont think so but their always tuff anyways,Elizabethton will be the "surprise" team, they have a good coach willing to do anything for them and i know the kids out there and they are working hard....WACTH OUT FOR THIS TEAM, Johnson County should be able to make it to the lack of talent the other teams have but who knows bout this team all they had was Atwood and hes gone i beleive they have a chance though to make it in. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tennessee should be set on the offensive and defensive lines. Elijah Bible and Matt Dickerson return to the defensive line. A few others such as Jeff Baker and Mason Canty will contribute to the offense.

Johnson County should have a good group returning despite Jesse graduating.

I'm not sure how many players are returning at South, but they definately should be the pre-season favorite with Curt Phillips returning.

this is how i think stuff will play out THS offense is young but their defense is tuff as ever. South has phillips but does he have the weapons he has had in the past.......i dont think so but their always tuff anyways,Elizabethton will be the "surprise" team, they have a good coach willing to do anything for them and i know the kids out there and they are working hard....WACTH OUT FOR THIS TEAM, Johnson County should be able to make it to the lack of talent the other teams have but who knows bout this team all they had was Atwood and hes gone i beleive they have a chance though to make it in. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm most concerned about the secondary.

Remember...Football IS the ultimate TEAM sport.

South is looking good. Health will be key. And I'm sure Bristol will bring it. But I don't think 'Betsy can rebound this year...for sure next year. The headliner this year will be East. Ralph is ready and expected to make a statement after all the 'Topper Trash. And look for his little brother to bring Central to .500. They have some fairly good athletes that have not been pushed. They will be the surprise.

South is looking good. Health will be key. And I'm sure Bristol will bring it. But I don't think 'Betsy can rebound this year...for sure next year. The headliner this year will be East. Ralph is ready and expected to make a statement after all the 'Topper Trash. And look for his little brother to bring Central to .500. They have some fairly good athletes that have not been pushed. They will be the surprise.

I agree. I look for East to be the Cinderella story this year and be somewhere in the top four. Ralph and staff seem to be growing the program with experience and these kids are more than overdue for the lime light. This will however be a remolding year for Betsy, but I look for them to be in the heat of things toward the end of the season. As far as South and THS are concerned...I think it comes down to whoever gets out the gate and hits their stride first, because they will both more than likely finish strong.

I agree. I look for East to be the Cinderella story this year and be somewhere in the top four. Ralph and staff seem to be growing the program with experience and these kids are more than overdue for the lime light. This will however be a remolding year for Betsy, but I look for them to be in the heat of things toward the end of the season. As far as South and THS are concerned...I think it comes down to whoever gets out the gate and hits their stride first, because they will both more than likely finish strong.

My thoughts exactly. I failed, in that post, to mention J County. They ride the bull over there and don't abide by anyones standards. I expected them to advance in the playoffs. As well, I see them tough again this year. The MLC is overall a more competitive conference for '07. East has a rising Soph. class that knaws the bone. They will play trench football. Good to have you back Cap.