Class 4A: Region 1 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true 'llllll' but he wasn't the only reason Unicoi won some conference games. You hate to lose good coaches, but programs on the rise aren't built around just one coach or player.

Time will tell if last year was just a fluke, madman. I doubt you know very much about the program in Erwin right now (considering it hasn't been worth talking about in quite some time). My money is on another run at the playoffs for the Blue Devils. There were a lot of young guys playing on Friday nights last fall, gaining valuable experience. I hope Elizabethton rebounds quickly- for the sake of the conference and the reputation of uppereast TN football.

Any early indication of how the Longhorns will be this year?

The lose of Coach Lewis was a big deal for the Erwin program, however with the number of sophmores and juniors who played the second half of the season last year they have a legitimate shot at the post season. This years group without a doubt has alot less to overcome then last years program did. They will be worth watching in the fall.

That's true 'llllll' but he wasn't the only reason Unicoi won some conference games. You hate to lose good coaches, but programs on the rise aren't built around just one coach or player.

Time will tell if last year was just a fluke, madman. I doubt you know very much about the program in Erwin right now (considering it hasn't been worth talking about in quite some time). My money is on another run at the playoffs for the Blue Devils. There were a lot of young guys playing on Friday nights last fall, gaining valuable experience. I hope Elizabethton rebounds quickly- for the sake of the conference and the reputation of uppereast TN football.

Any early indication of how the Longhorns will be this year

DITTO

Good luck Blue Devils

how did it go ?

Johnson Co played without their starting QB and Ithink they played a freshman. He made a few good passes and had several mistates. They had a good back who ran the ball hard. You can believe ,they will play hard nosed football. They won't be anybodies chumps.

1. Tennessee High (the Vikings will win a thriller over south for conference)

2. South (South may not win conference but I see them making it out of the second round this year)

3. Unicoi County (The Doug Cooper era continues and Unicoi brings home a winning season)

4. Johnson County (Johnson County will play there usual hard hitting football)

5. Elizabethton (The Cyclones will improve from last year but will fall just short)

6. Sullivan Central (Central shows improvement but won't be this years Unicoi)

7. Sullivan North (North may pull off an upset or two)

8. Sullivan East (Last place really depends on how Central improves)

1. Tennessee High (the Vikings will win a thriller over south for conference)

2. South (South may not win conference but I see them making it out of the second round this year)

3. Unicoi County (The Doug Cooper era continues and Unicoi brings home a winning season)

4. Johnson County (Johnson County will play there usual hard hitting football)

5. Elizabethton (The Cyclones will improve from last year but will fall just short)

6. Sullivan Central (Central shows improvement but won't be this years Unicoi)

7. Sullivan North (North may pull off an upset or two)

8. Sullivan East (Last place really depends on how Central improves)

1. South (To much Phllips for this conference)

2. Elizabethton (Will be the Surprise team pulls a shocker on TENN HIGH(you just wait and see)

3. Tennessee High ( Some big spots just might be too young)

4. Johnson County ( Heart and pride will keep this team from missing the playoffs)

5. Sullivan East ( Next year is when this team returns to the playoffs)

6. Unicoi ( Will they have the heart they had last year? pulls a upset with someone but not enough talent)

7. Sullivan Central ( Big improvement but just dont enough older talent,i give this team 2 years until the playoffs)

8. Sullivan North ( Last years Sullivan Central)

1. South (To much Phllips for this conference)

2. Elizabethton (Will be the Surprise team pulls a shocker on TENN HIGH(you just wait and see)

3. Tennessee High ( Some big spots just might be too young)

4. Johnson County ( Heart and pride will keep this team from missing the playoffs)

5. Sullivan East ( Next year is when this team returns to the playoffs)

6. Unicoi ( Will they have the heart they had last year? pulls a upset with someone but not enough talent)

7. Sullivan Central ( Big improvement but just dont enough older talent,i give this team 2 years until the playoffs)

8. Sullivan North ( Last years Sullivan Central)

I agree…Phillips is a man amongst boys (especially on his own team) but he can’t do it by himself. Any decent coach won’t let that happen. Phillips will have to have another offensive weapon to show in order for him to have the season that most of South’s faithful expect. I think he also realizes this because he signed his letter before this season even started. My opinion is that we have seen the best we will see out of Mr. Phillips considering the obvious attention that he will draw from defensive coordinators and what he has to work with on that team. Of course I expect to see him in the highlights after most games simply because great players make great plays…but his numbers will be down from last year.

But there was one………?. The other kid that played quarterback a couple of years ago when Phillips was injured. What happened to him? He could be the Ace in the hole for South (if the coaches are smart enough to utilize his natural ability).

Defense, Defense, and more Defense describes the Vikings! I’m not seeing an obvious team on the Vikings schedule that has the weapons to put up enough points with the exception of the two 5A schools DB and SHHS. But don’t hold me to that just yet…I’m judging from what I have seen Varsity and JV last year. We will know more after week 0.

Just my opinion.

South will have a running game. South does have 5 quality WR's. WR speed is a bit down but catchworthyness is a bit up. Running game speed is in a different league. OL is solid...solid. D...is still in the oven. The Rebels are multi-faceted for '07. Stacy is on it this year. East will surprise some of you. July in Rebel Nation.

South will have a running game. South does have 5 quality WR's. WR speed is a bit down but catchworthyness is a bit up. Running game speed is in a different league. OL is solid...solid. D...is still in the oven. The Rebels are multi-faceted for '07. Stacy is on it this year. East will surprise some of you. July in Rebel Nation.

What position is the kid that subbed for Phillips two years ago playing this year?

What position is the kid that subbed for Phillips two years ago playing this year?

In Curt's Soph. year he missed the THS game at Death Valley. The QB was then senior Jake Hicks...who was one of Curt's WR's. Jake came through the ranks as a QB...from Optimist thru middle school. He was an awesome QB with tons of heart. Curt paid room and board his Frosh year when against DB he came in to finish the game...and much of the season...as a Frosh. That concreted Curt as the starting QB with Jake as back-up in addition to WR. Curt's favorite target that year. Curt's backup in '07 is Brad Jeffers and he can pick up where Curt leaves off. He is a WR also. Bradley could have, and almost did, transfered to any school in NET and have secured a starting QB job. He opted to hang tuff until Curt's dismissal. In '08 Bradley will be hot to make his own name known.

All I have to say is I have NO clue why people are picking Elizabethton to finish in the top four. They have no running back, their QB can't scramble, they aren't deep at all, epecially at the line, and the have to get used to a new coach. They will be noticably worse than last year.