Class 4A: Region 1 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

My thoughts exactly. I failed, in that post, to mention J County. They ride the bull over there and don't abide by anyones standards. I expected them to advance in the playoffs. As well, I see them tough again this year. The MLC is overall a more competitive conference for '07. East has a rising Soph. class that knaws the bone. They will play trench football. Good to have you back Cap.

Thanks...I figured it was time to get back in the zone because it's almost football time in Tennessee! I couldn't help but notice the absence of DB on South's schedule. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks...I figured it was time to get back in the zone because it's almost football time in Tennessee! I couldn't help but notice the absence of DB on South's schedule. What are your thoughts?

Since you've been gone, that subject has been overworked. I feel it was a mistake to remove DB from the schedule. Adding Science Hill is a treat...but not at the expense of DB. We had no business playing Happy Valley. We should be playing both DB and SHHS. For you it is different in that you used to be in the same conference so it is status quo. For us, we have played them over the years but not much. I have to admit though, the DB/South classic was getting out of hand. Quite a bit of violence and vandalism. Good luck in week 0. I don't understand why you are playing at the Castle again though. Or is that a mistake in the schedule listing?

Since you've been gone, that subject has been overworked. I feel it was a mistake to remove DB from the schedule. Adding Science Hill is a treat...but not at the expense of DB. We had no business playing Happy Valley. We should be playing both DB and SHHS. For you it is different in that you used to be in the same conference so it is status quo. For us, we have played them over the years but not much. I have to admit though, the DB/South classic was getting out of hand. Quite a bit of violence and vandalism. Good luck in week 0. I don't understand why you are playing at the Castle again though. Or is that a mistake in the schedule listing?

If it's been overworked I will leave it alone...but I have to say I'm a little disappointed that South would let that game go without a fight.

I guess you noticed that THS has decided to break out the measuring stick right off the bat this year. I hope the location is not a mistake on the schedule because DB's field is the worst field for the Visiting crowd that we play at (those bleachers are rickety)...with the exception of Johnson County of course! Do you think it"s a good idea for THS to schedule DB for week 0 this year? It didn't seem to work for Elizabethton.

If it's been overworked I will leave it alone...but I have to say I'm a little disappointed that South would let that game go without a fight.

I guess you noticed that THS has decided to break out the measuring stick right off the bat this year. I hope the location is not a mistake on the schedule because DB's field is the worst field for the Visiting crowd that we play at (those bleachers are rickety)...with the exception of Johnson County of course! Do you think it"s a good idea for THS to schedule DB for week 0 this year? It didn't seem to work for Elizabethton.

Those bleachers are dangerous. Especially when full as they are when the Vikings or the Rebels play there. Last year in preseason scrimmages (August) I watched DB/Knox Hall and the field was horrendous...it only got worse. In '05 and before it was the textbook example. They are currently building yet another addition and rumor has it that they are getting a Carson-Newman field and new visitors seating. That explains (I guess) the scheduling of DB at the Castle again...if in fact that is the case. Skunk...step in here. I have always seemed to miss the J County game when played in MC so I'm not attuned to the condition of their field. But anytime you have a rodeo in the same place you have a football game there might be issues. As far as week 0...DB is never ready for week 0. But between week 0 and week 1 they turn into the coldblooded killer. Everyone says they are down...I've never seen DB down. I would prepare as normal. If you play like you played the first quarter of '06...heck's Bells and Katie bar the door. But then somewhere along the early part of the 2nd quarter you started playing badminton and as they say... So yes, it is a perfect idea. I mean as the old saying goes...You want to walk on water...you gotta get out of the boat! I think the greatest thing for the fans for '07 is week 10 at Death Valley. How awsome will that be...the last game of the season...THS vs SSHS! And let's face it...Elizabethton was not Elizabethton last year. I don't know who it was but it was not them. It will be a large accomplishment to reach the playoffs this year unscathed. The conference is in better shape than it has been in quite a while. One toot for South's horn before I go. Stacy Carter recieved not 1 but 2 "Tar and Featherings" in '06. I think it matured him beyond years. I don't see him getting fooled like that again. Rebel Nation.

They were good enough to beat Elizabethton last year, as well as a few others to make the play-offs.

You're right Viking- some success has bred plenty of interest. They will not be anyone's doormat this year.

we will see and you know as well as other's that eliz wasnt eliz now im not taking anything away from the blue devils cause they was a team who played hard and with alot of heart but i dont see them having another season like they did but i guess we will see

we will see and you know as well as other's that eliz wasnt eliz now im not taking anything away from the blue devils cause they was a team who played hard and with alot of heart but i dont see them having another season like they did but i guess we will see

Also one thing to remember . . . I am told Unicoi lost a very good assistant coach from Byrnes high school, SC to Science Hill.

Also one thing to remember . . . I am told Unicoi lost a very good assistant coach from Byrnes high school, SC to Science Hill.

That's true 'llllll' but he wasn't the only reason Unicoi won some conference games. You hate to lose good coaches, but programs on the rise aren't built around just one coach or player.

Time will tell if last year was just a fluke, madman. I doubt you know very much about the program in Erwin right now (considering it hasn't been worth talking about in quite some time). My money is on another run at the playoffs for the Blue Devils. There were a lot of young guys playing on Friday nights last fall, gaining valuable experience. I hope Elizabethton rebounds quickly- for the sake of the conference and the reputation of uppereast TN football.

Any early indication of how the Longhorns will be this year?