PRE-SEASON 1A ALLSTATE "07"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chas Scruggs, RB at lookout Valley should be on the list of possibilities. There are a few very talented players at SP that may need to be on the list but I'll have to wait until a few games are played to see if they step it up this year

One problem with those players at SP is the fact that there are (at least last year) too many of them for any one to really stand out for state recognition.

And Scruggs is a good enough back to be mentioned. A little bit of help up front and he could be one of the top rushers in the state.

From FCS the obvious two are Jeremy Rickaway (5 year starter at HB) and GL waynick (five year starter at both O and D line). Others who might not be on the pre-season but might sneak into post season all-state is bryant Alsup and Jon Markham.

The only other obvious one from region 4 is Justin Smith from G-ville who will probobly be put in at DB not QB.

Pre-season FCS will have two and Gville will have 1. By seasons end FCS will end up with 3, Gordonsville will have Smith and Trousdale will probobly throw someone in the mix to round of region 4's all state guys.

As for region 1, Jacob Estep from Unaka. Hampton will some players on it , I'm just not sure who they will be right yet. Could be linemen, a couple of backs has a shot and I expect a big year out of the QB.

I also think Jacob Estep from Unaka will make it in region one. If he has any where near the season he had last year, I think he will make State again. Hampton also has A couple of boys very capable of making it.

Let me just throw a name out there. Derek Carr of Mckenzie Rebels last season threw for over 2,000 yards. That is Hayes type numbers for a quarterback who has only had one year to prove himself.

Volfan23

read some of your post.. BE CAREFUL..This team has had to re-load. Don't even want to start predicting anything with this bunch nor lay it all on one guy. ALOT is in the air so be careful and don't unpset the cart yet.. I believe in these guys as well as all REBEL fans but we have alot of work ahead of us. The first 5 games are the toughest we will face and so far most people have got our defense on the down so let's start the season rolling with one good thought "TEAM TEAM TEAM" !!! it's going to take ALL of the REBEL gang to pull this off. I hope and pray we make it all the way. I am ready for Friday nights but to be safe let's keep a steady and level head.. GO BIG RED !!!!!!