Public's should not play private schools

I have seen over and over again,,,it starts at the middle school level, BA see's a kid at a public school, convices him to come play at BA, and then that public school coach loses a player, and usually a stud. Please don't say it doesn't happen, because 98% of the super privates recruit,, CPA is on the verge of being the next super recruiter, along with Ensowrth,,,,,I don't care if you have 2000 kids,,,,if you can hand pick your team, you have a huge unfair advantage. Publics should not showcase their kids to privates!!!!!! Play with the cards you are dealt,,,,that's real coaching,,,,this isn't college.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen over and over again,,,it starts at the middle school level, BA see's a kid at a public school, convices him to come play at BA, and then that public school coach loses a player, and usually a stud. Please don't say it doesn't happen, because 98% of the super privates recruit,, CPA is on the verge of being the next super recruiter, along with Ensowrth,,,,,I don't care if you have 2000 kids,,,,if you can hand pick your team, you have a huge unfair advantage. Publics should not showcase their kids to privates!!!!!! Play with the cards you are dealt,,,,that's real coaching,,,,this isn't college.

Holy cow...get ready to be called everything in the book. I have said similar things, things that I had direct knowledge of from personal experience, and have been called a liar, a bigot, two faced, moron...I could go on and on.

Be careful...when some run out of mature argument, the name calling begins and some try to make it personal. But that is also a very good indicator that you have won, lol.

Good luck with this one buddy.

Holy cow...get ready to be called everything in the book. I have said similar things, things that I had direct knowledge of from personal experience, and have been called a liar, a bigot, two faced, moron...I could go on and on.

Be careful...when some run out of mature argument, the name calling begins and some try to make it personal. But that is also a very good indicator that you have won, lol.

Good luck with this one buddy.

For the record Backin, you have been called "everything in the book" because of your general inability to make a point in a post without taking an uneccesary pot shot at those who don't agree (for reference, I give you this previous post as a typical example). Make a relevant point and let it stand on its own -- I think of all of your posts I've read, I've only see you do it once or twice. You constantly belittle those who post opposing ideas (again, let me reference this previous post where you suggest that your ideas are "mature arguments" and all you get is "name calling . . .").

As for Metro's post . . . If you're going to start a new thread, at least bring something new and original. This post would be the defenition of "the dead horse". (see, no name calling or personal attacks . . .)

Food for thought:

1) While I'm not sure what constitutes a "super private", whether we're talking about DII privates (39 or so) or all privates (70 or so), a 98% recruiting factor implies roughly one private school does not recruit. I think fans on both sides of the fence would love to hear what that one private school is which does not recruit.

2) The "cards" that private schools are dealt are, unlike their public counterparts, empty classrooms with no guaranteed students. Whether a private schools enrolls a child from another private school or a public school, someone is always going to complain that, somewhere along the food chain, a private school "stole" a child from a public school.

3) Riverdale has roughly 2,000 students. RHS is 13-7 all-time versus privates - 11-7 versus current DII privates and 2-0 versus current DI privates. They've figured something out apparently.

Sorry,,,, didn't know you (fan6) regulated coach t's boards. I must have missed that memo,,,,I guess the truth hurts.

the truth does hurt -- just so rarely see any of it in these type posts . . . I

'll try to get you a copy of the memo.

For the record Backin, you have been called "everything in the book" because of your general inability to make a point in a post without taking an uneccesary pot shot at those who don't agree (for reference, I give you this previous post as a typical example). Make a relevant point and let it stand on its own -- I think of all of your posts I've read, I've only see you do it once or twice. You constantly belittle those who post opposing ideas (again, let me reference this previous post where you suggest that your ideas are "mature arguments" and all you get is "name calling . . .").

As for Metro's post . . . If you're going to start a new thread, at least bring something new and original. This post would be the defenition of "the dead horse". (see, no name calling or personal attacks . . .)

And your point of this was...?

I've made plenty of points and only responded in kind to those who have made personal statements against me. I made a relevant point with the previous post you referenced. I'll make it again. When you say something that some don't want to hear and they cannot adequately argue against, some resort to name calling.

ps. in your "non personal" response, the word "you" (meaning me) was used 6 times and the word 'your' (again meaing my postings) was used three times, all in the span of a few sentences. Sounds a little personal to me. I feel honored that you have read so many of my posts but saddened that you missed the point of most of them and yourself have just shown who you are by making personal attacks as others have done. Jump on the bandwagon.

While recruiting is a big issue when it comes to public v. private, it is not the main issue. The main issue is that a private school can get any kid regardless of where he lives, a public can not. A public is limited to what kids live in there zone, and a private can get a kid that lives in three counties away.

I made a post similar to this in a thread that was deleted earlier and I never got to check and see any response to it so I will do it again. The above named issue is similar (key word) to the way that schools are classified. The reason a school like Clarksburg ('06 enrollment 150) does not play in the same class as a school like Bolton ('06 enrollment 2,202) is because Bolton has far more students to choose from. Why you ask? Because they have far more people that are in thier respective zone. (I know that schools are classified by number of students that are in the school not the number of people in the zone so check the key word above before making any comment about that.) A private's "zone" is endless, while a public's is not. That is the main issue.

Rollredroll, the reason a school like Riverdale has the record they do against privates, is because they have 2,000 kids to choose from. When you move down to the single A enrollment (which the majority of privates are in sinlge A) things change. See above paragraph for the reason it changes.

In closing, I am neither 100% for nor 100% against a split. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. If it came down to a vote, I would hope that my school would vote for a split but again, I would not go running to the courts and sue the TSSAA if it didn't happen.

While recruiting is a big issue when it comes to public v. private, it is not the main issue. The main issue is that a private school can get any kid regardless of where he lives, a public can not. A public is limited to what kids live in there zone, and a private can get a kid that lives in three counties away.

I made a post similar to this in a thread that was deleted earlier and I never got to check and see any response to it so I will do it again. The above named issue is similar (key word) to the way that schools are classified. The reason a school like Clarksburg ('06 enrollment 150) does not play in the same class as a school like Bolton ('06 enrollment 2,202) is because Bolton has far more students to choose from. Why you ask? Because they have far more people that are in thier respective zone. (I know that schools are classified by number of students that are in the school not the number of people in the zone so check the key word above before making any comment about that.) A private's "zone" is endless, while a public's is not. That is the main issue.

Rollredroll, the reason a school like Riverdale has the record they do against privates, is because they have 2,000 kids to choose from. When you move down to the single A enrollment (which the majority of privates are in sinlge A) things change. See above paragraph for the reason it changes.

In closing, I am neither 100% for nor 100% against a split. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. If it came down to a vote, I would hope that my school would vote for a split but again, I would not go running to the courts and sue the TSSAA if it didn't happen.

Funny, I remember the days when Clarkburg would play and beat anybody in any classification or division or whatever. I don't think Coach Wooten ever really cared whether the school was public, private, large or small. He would play anybody.....and usually beat them.

maybe riverdale has a winning record vs. privates because their kids care about winning and work with an attitude as such? maybe a school with only a couple hundred students could do the same. for example, alcoa.

there are schools that work hard to beat their "vastly more talented" private counterparts with "handpicked" teams. then there are those smaller public schools that would rather sit back and complain that since they cant "handpick" their teams, they just wont play a private school, much less actually defeat that private school in an athletic event.

a small school will NEVER beat a "handpicked" private team if they carry the, "well theyre just better than we are," attitude. get over it. life isnt fair, for the most part, and thats why hardworking people usually become successful.

i cant stand reading posts where a public school supporter pretty much, readers digest version, says their school cant compete because they dont have the athletes. stop complaining and just work.....cause i know thats what the privates do--WORK at winning. its amazing what putting your nose to the grind will do as far as getting W's is concerned.

maybe riverdale has a winning record vs. privates because their kids care about winning and work with an attitude as such? maybe a school with only a couple hundred students could do the same. for example, alcoa.

there are schools that work hard to beat their "vastly more talented" private counterparts with "handpicked" teams. then there are those smaller public schools that would rather sit back and complain that since they cant "handpick" their teams, they just wont play a private school, much less actually defeat that private school in an athletic event.

a small school will NEVER beat a "handpicked" private team if they carry the, "well theyre just better than we are," attitude. get over it. life isnt fair, for the most part, and thats why hardworking people usually become successful.

i cant stand reading posts where a public school supporter pretty much, readers digest version, says their school cant compete because they dont have the athletes. stop complaining and just work.....cause i know thats what the privates do--WORK at winning. its amazing what putting your nose to the grind will do as far as getting W's is concerned.

Wow,,,, how inspiring! Did you just read sports cliche 101????

Come on, bro, you know there is a lot more to it. You even said that better baseball players are attracted to CB because of the winning tradition. Better iplayers are just better. I seen some of the laziest kids get drafted and a kid that works his heart out cant get a look for even a small college. Work helps, and makes good athletes better, but great ones get even better with hard work.