Oak Ridge and Farragut go to California

OakRidgeCat

Oak Ridge (champs) and Farragut (runner-ups) won the Adidas tournament in Knoxville and now are going to California to represent our area in a 7 on 7 passing game.

Here is the schedule of events:

Tuesday, July 17 arrive in Los Angeles with a BQ at the hotel at 7:00pm

Wednesday, July 18 tournament games begin at the Home Depot Center

Thursday, July 19, games conclude with proper cermonies by noon. Teams return home.

Good luck and safe travel to both these teams! Go Cats and Admirals! Show 'em what East Tennessee is made of!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any word on the rosters, I know that both teams are preparing for the "real" season back home. are they taking the top talent? Just wondering if they may be concerned with injuries or may be focused on the upcoming season. Good luck to both. Better luck to the 'Cats.

Oak Ridge (champs) and Farragut (runner-ups) won the Adidas tournament in Knoxville and now are going to California to represent our area in a 7 on 7 passing game.

Here is the schedule of events:

Tuesday, July 17 arrive in Los Angeles with a BQ at the hotel at 7:00pm

Wednesday, July 18 tournament games begin at the Home Depot Center

Thursday, July 19, games conclude with proper cermonies by noon. Teams return home.

Good luck and safe travel to both these teams! Go Cats and Admirals! Show 'em what East Tennessee is made of!

Hey OakRidgeCat.

Please keep us posted. Thanks.

ruse?

There is an article in the Oak Ridger today with some results.

Farragut lost their two pool play games and then their next game and has been eliminated. Oak Ridge also lost two pool play games but won their third game before falling again in the fourth game. The Wildcats play in the loser"s bracket today at 12 noon EST. The game will be aired live on 1290 WATO. I guess you should also check prepradio.com to see if that website will air the game. That is the last game for ORHS to play before coming home.

Scores from Oak Ridge's games:

A California team 20 Oak Ridge 6

A Florida team 40 Oak Ridge 12

Oak Ridge 26 An Indiana team 14

An unidentified team 26 Oak Ridge 14

Scoring TDs for Oak Ridge were Ralpheal Coffey (4), Jared Stephens (4), and Josh Gregory(1).

~~Roll Wildcats Roll!

Yeah you would have thought this would have been a big deal...but the Knoxville paper didn't even mention it before or after. Guess since Farragut didn't do so well they didn't want to talk about it. However it was a perfect time to get a few digs in on Oak Ridge, cause we didn't do so well either. Probably a good idea too just let this whole thing die and go away!!

Yeah you would have thought this would have been a big deal...but the Knoxville paper didn't even mention it before or after. Guess since Farragut didn't do so well they didn't want to talk about it. However it was a perfect time to get a few digs in on Oak Ridge, cause we didn't do so well either. Probably a good idea too just let this whole thing die and go away!!

bounder.

I wouldn't let that die @ all. A lot of those teams were comprised of kids/programs/coaching staffs that are all about passing. PAC 10, set up the pass by running the ball, etc. Good exp. for them.

ruse?

There is an article in the Oak Ridger today with some results.

Farragut lost their two pool play games and then their next game and has been eliminated. Oak Ridge also lost two pool play games but won their third game before falling again in the fourth game. The Wildcats play in the loser"s bracket today at 12 noon EST. The game will be aired live on 1290 WATO. I guess you should also check prepradio.com to see if that website will air the game. That is the last game for ORHS to play before coming home.

Scores from Oak Ridge's games:

A California team 20 Oak Ridge 6

A Florida team 40 Oak Ridge 12

Oak Ridge 26 An Indiana team 14

An unidentified team 26 Oak Ridge 14

Scoring TDs for Oak Ridge were Ralpheal Coffey (4), Jared Stephens (4), and Josh Gregory(1).

~~Roll Wildcats Roll!

Does anyone know the specific teams thay played? That article was pathetic!

I guess my point was the total lack of coverage from the Knoxville media!!! Any time your program can experience talent from another part of the country you can only improve.

bounder.

My bad then. I agree, the Spews Sentinel missed the boat. Again.

ruse?