clay county

bchswar

I know Livingston plays Cookeville and Clay plays Pickett Co. I heard that there will be 14 teams in the Jamboree. Here's some of the ones I remember. DeKalb Co......Upperman....White Co. Stone Memorial....Clinton Co.....Red Boiling....Monterey....Jackson Co.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Livingston plays Cookeville and Clay plays Pickett Co. I heard that there will be 14 teams in the Jamboree. Here's some of the ones I remember. DeKalb Co......Upperman....White Co. Stone Memorial....Clinton Co.....Red Boiling....Monterey....Jackson Co.

Hope this helps.

OK. It makes more sense to me now! The past 2 years it has only been 4 or 5 local teams. What is the date?

Hope this helps.

White Co. Who will they play?

Let's put them head to head with clay........

I've lost my mind? Brown has not ran a 5-2 in at least 4 or 5 years. I wonder who you have been watching?

Also, Anderson Co has always been a 5-2 team and if Kerr was the DC there, I bet thats what you get...hope you learn to like it. By the way, Brown has moved on and its time you do the same. Havn't you all started your annual "what's wrong with White County" thread yet on the 4A forum?

I am not Coach Brown's wife or son, even though I did play for him at Bledsoe County, and Sparta boy judging from your post you know very little of the real Coach Brown. first, Coach Brown, I will always call him that b/c I have tremendous respect for the man, cares deeply for his players. The players I played with left it on the field for the man. Second, Coach Brown blew late leads, funny I did not know he was on the field making tackles, breaking up passes, and so on. It is easy to sit in the stands and judge after things happen but players must make plays also. As a former 1A coach I will say it takes more to win at that level than just the weightroom and I feel that comment was a wee bit disrespectful to all the great 1A coaches such as Clint Satterfield. White County made huge strides under Coach Brown. I can remember when Coach Brown brought his AA Bledsoe County team to Sparta and beat the 4A Warriors. Then he goes there and takes them to the playoffs. Noone can doubt his ability to build a program. If Sparta would support the football team like they do other sports, ie Basketball, then they may become more successful. Until then the better athletes will stay in the gym and off the field and the Warriors will struggle to compete in 4A.

I am not Coach Brown's wife or son, even though I did play for him at Bledsoe County, and Sparta boy judging from your post you know very little of the real Coach Brown. first, Coach Brown, I will always call him that b/c I have tremendous respect for the man, cares deeply for his players. The players I played with left it on the field for the man. Second, Coach Brown blew late leads, funny I did not know he was on the field making tackles, breaking up passes, and so on. It is easy to sit in the stands and judge after things happen but players must make plays also. As a former 1A coach I will say it takes more to win at that level than just the weightroom and I feel that comment was a wee bit disrespectful to all the great 1A coaches such as Clint Satterfield. White County made huge strides under Coach Brown. I can remember when Coach Brown brought his AA Bledsoe County team to Sparta and beat the 4A Warriors. Then he goes there and takes them to the playoffs. Noone can doubt his ability to build a program. If Sparta would support the football team like they do other sports, ie Basketball, then they may become more successful. Until then the better athletes will stay in the gym and off the field and the Warriors will struggle to compete in 4A.

Great post.

I also am not Coach Brown's wife or son, but wholeheartily agree with the dawg. Sparta's program was in shambles when Coach Brown arrived and is much improved now. Be happy Spartaboy and support the new coach, instead of running down th old one.

Wardawg and spartaboy, White County has and always will have a high turnover of coaches in their sports. Brown took them to the playoffs 2 time in 5 years I think and they had made it only 2 times in the previous 30. And Wardawg I will agree that some of the best coaches in the state in football and basketball are in the A-AA level. The 3-A basketball and 4and 5-A football coaching is WAAAAY overrated!

As a Region 4 fan I'd love to see Clay County (Celina) return to the days where they were a force in 1A football. Region 4 has 3 perenial football powers in TC, G-ville, and FC and both Monterey and H2O town are improving programs who could surprise people in future years. If Celina could get back to the days where they were an annual playoff participant this would only make region 4 that much stronger.

I can remember the days where a trip to Celina and walking thru the "dawg pound" between the dungeon-like locker room and the field could make most 15-18 yr. olds a lil nervous. The old Celina locker room was akin to a dungeon or torture chamber with one exposed light bulb and a cold, wet, concrete floor with maybe three aluminum chairs for the visiting team to dress. Then you exited and had a 1/2 mile hike thru what could most politley be described as "rabid fans", most of whom were under the nfluence of home brewed spirits, dressed in their coon hunting cover-alls, and excited aout their home-town team. When you finally reached the field you faced a well coached 40-50 Celina players who not only knew the game but would play for 4 quarters and bring it every play. They were consistently a top 10 class 1A team and better than TC, FC, and many 2A teams in what was at that time only a 3 classification system with no Division II. At that time only 1-2 teams made the playoffs from each district and you could bet that Celina would always be in the hunt.

When I have watched Clay Co. in recent years I still see large numbers of players, good size, but weaker & slower skilled players than in years past and little or much less team/heart or fan support compared to their "glory days". Its amazing how things can change.

Sounds like they have hired a coach who just might bring back the program. Best of luck, Celina, on regaining your place near the top of Region 4 - 1A.

As a Region 4 fan I'd love to see Clay County (Celina) return to the days where they were a force in 1A football. Region 4 has 3 perenial football powers in TC, G-ville, and FC and both Monterey and H2O town are improving programs who could surprise people in future years. If Celina could get back to the days where they were an annual playoff participant this would only make region 4 that much stronger.

I can remember the days where a trip to Celina and walking thru the "dawg pound" between the dungeon-like locker room and the field could make most 15-18 yr. olds a lil nervous. The old Celina locker room was akin to a dungeon or torture chamber with one exposed light bulb and a cold, wet, concrete floor with maybe three aluminum chairs for the visiting team to dress. Then you exited and had a 1/2 mile hike thru what could most politley be described as "rabid fans", most of whom were under the nfluence of home brewed spirits, dressed in their coon hunting cover-alls, and excited aout their home-town team. When you finally reached the field you faced a well coached 40-50 Celina players who not only knew the game but would play for 4 quarters and bring it every play. They were consistently a top 10 class 1A team and better than TC, FC, and many 2A teams in what was at that time only a 3 classification system with no Division II. At that time only 1-2 teams made the playoffs from each district and you could bet that Celina would always be in the hunt.

When I have watched Clay Co. in recent years I still see large numbers of players, good size, but weaker & slower skilled players than in years past and little or much less team/heart or fan support compared to their "glory days". Its amazing how things can change.

Sounds like they have hired a coach who just might bring back the program. Best of luck, Celina, on regaining your place near the top of Region 4 - 1A.

MAN, you aint kidding either. Celina was bad news back in the day, whether on the road or at home. They had boys that could pile drive you, hungry to play the game..I don't know what happened down there, but it would be nice to see them rebound. Good luck Clay County!