Greenbrier Vs JPII

fiftyfifty

I went by last night as well just to see the update. The pressbox is UP! Until next season when the dirt has time to have new growth of grass, it's very obvious construction has been in the works, but it's looking good! The field will be a busy place for the next week with everyone trying to finish it off to get ready for the onslaught of fans next week. I am ready for some homefield football!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just need a lot of "W's" to get some butts in the seats. If I'm not mistaken... you can take just one section of the new bleachers and put all of the old seats in it. These would have really came in handy for some of the playoff games a few years back when people were 4 and 5 deep along the fences.

Hopefully the players will have learned from the past and they'll be downing a couple of bottles of Pedialyte tonight. This heat is going to be a killer and being in shape and being hydrated is going to be huge. Whoever prepares best is going to get a huge edge.

Hope you're wrong on that...certainly with no pun intended. Hate to sound whimpish, but it's too hot to play football. I pray that when all games are completed this weekend, that everyone is healthy and that we all give Him the glory!

Good luck to all and God bless our players, coaches & officials during this unprecedented heat/drought time.

Hey Greenbrier Bobcats Fans:

I made the trip to Greenbrier this evening to my father's transmission & auto repair shop and on the way I made it a POINT OF EMPHASIS to stop by the school and look at these new bleachers that I have heard so much about. THEY ARE VERY NICE!!!! Greenbrier may now have the nicest football stadium that I have seen. The former homeside bleachers look very nice and those new homeside stands (former visitor side) make the entire stadium look very different. I'll bet you could fit anywhere between 3,500-4,000 people in the stands (in terms of seating capacity).

The home games later in the year against teams that really travel well like Sycamore & White House will definately be a site to see at the new look "Bobcat Field" in Greenbrier.

Yep, it's gonna be very nice and Coach Williams works hard keeping that 'carpet' lookin' pretty good, too!

Greenbrier--35 PJPI--28

Greenbrier scored their final TD with 8 seconds left to secure the win. The Bobcats showed a lot of toughness and character on their final drive....those kids were worn out. Wesley Tate for PJP has a bright future in front of him.

Congratulations to the Bobcats on a well deserved win. Good luck to PJP on the rest of their season.

Lipscomb up next.

Way to go Bobcats! I can't even begin to name the Bobcats that I was "wowed" by tonight. These guys played their hearts out tonight and showed that sitting home from the playoffs last year was not what they plan to do this year. If they keep on playing like they did tonight with determination, these boy will make some noise. In the 4th quarter, the D showed true grit. And on the offense, all the guys made a difference....every last one of them made big plays over and over. There were literally two Greenbrier touchdowns and one PJP within a four minute time frame.

Wesley Tate is good but PJP needs to hope he stays healthy and start thinking what they will do when there are no more Tates at PJP to hand the rock to almost every play. I won't give my opinion of the officiating but let's leave it to say those guys need to read the rulebook again.

Way to go Cats......rest up. Next week you shine at home!

Nice to see the cats win..... From the looks of things, our region is gonna be one heck of a battle.

We appreciate the support, Dandy. We know we're on a tough schedule, but these boys have worked hard. They have a lot of chemistry, and the fans follow them in droves. When we got to the game at 6pm our visitor side was nearly full so some people had been sitting in 98 degree heat for at least an hour and a half before the game started just waiting for some football.

It's gonna be a tough season, and right now we're just looking at DL, but week 10 is never pushed too far in the back of our minds. It will be an interesting ride.

very nice bobcats. Over 400 yards total offense, and the defense stepped up in the second half. One of the best games I've seen in a while.

[/

Im sure Greenbrier has a good team this year, but PJ2 always gives up alot of yards each game. Its nothing new . Ive watched them the last few years and they have definetly underachieved. But Greenbrier going on the road and winning is still a good victory for them.

Wow...what a difference a year makes. You could tell a big difference from last year's team just seeing them on the sidelines and the way they carried themselves last night. This group of seniors has obviously worked very hard in the off-season, appear much more confident, and play very much as a team. Great job last night Bobcats...especially in the fourth quarter when it counted most. Keep it going and take it to DL.