Austin East Roadrunners

Digger20

yea what's the word on the Webb vs AE game or is there another thread on it yet

dwps2.

Webb will surprise some folks this year. Early game probably does not benefit either team that much. Both pretty young. This game has been a toss up over the years. Contrasting styles of offense, defense. Webb has some decent OL/DL types back this yr. One pretty good size OT 6-3, 285, but the strength of the OL is in their ability to move, pull, trap, and execute; at least it always has been, and Meske won't change anytime soon. I really like their two RB/WB types this yr. Derrick Boyce, and Jarvis Jones. Boyce can fly. Jones can too. If Jones gets the touches, yards, and Webb has a good yr., he might be an early contender for Soph of the yr.

ruse?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they play in division II AA. the expanded super 7 more or less. Region games include McCallie, Baylor, PJP2, Father Ryan, Ensworth, and BGA. from what i've heard out from webb is that jones had an early hamstring injury so he is back but his varsity snaps have been limited from missing practices

playoffs too buddy

Come on now, learn things about these two teams before you say something.

AE and Fulton hasn't met in the Playoffs within the last 2 years so you're wrong..

And Tadvol,

Yeah it was a good butt whooping but as the saying goes, that's LAST YEAR and the past is over with...

dwps2.

Webb will surprise some folks this year. Early game probably does not benefit either team that much. Both pretty young. This game has been a toss up over the years. Contrasting styles of offense, defense. Webb has some decent OL/DL types back this yr. One pretty good size OT 6-3, 285, but the strength of the OL is in their ability to move, pull, trap, and execute; at least it always has been, and Meske won't change anytime soon. I really like their two RB/WB types this yr. Derrick Boyce, and Jarvis Jones. Boyce can fly. Jones can too. If Jones gets the touches, yards, and Webb has a good yr., he might be an early contender for Soph of the yr.

ruse?

ruse?... Webb's OL/DL will be just okay, not nearly as good as last year's bunch. They have 3 new starters on the line. They will execute with precision, that's their game. Year after year they compete with far fewer athletes than most. They lost a lot from last years state championship team, young guys will need to step up. QB is also up for grabs, two freshmen and one junior seem to be dead even right now.

Boyce and Campbell are the leading backs returning. Jones currently doesn't start on either side of the ball. His future looks to be bright.

They scrimmaged West today and the varsity scrimmage was even 2-2. JV's were also even at 1-1.

What do you know about AE this year? Do they have any standouts? Whats this years prediction?

I think they will be pretty good this year they have quite a few starters back on both sides of the football. Watch out for Kenny Jones,Lincoln Anderson,and Trey/Leon Smith they are all dangerous.

You're right, watch out for all them and don't forget Big John Woods! Also, don't forget Mark Montgomery and the incoming freshmen... IT's going to be a fun year to be a ROADRUNNER!

Hey Turtle.

Yes it is. Fulton started out OK against West, gave up a short pass, long run, and then a nice little drive by West sealed the deal. Bearden and Catholic played to a 7-7 tie. Stinson, Cobb, Stokes, Antwan Hammilton looked good. If Smith had kept running on a deep route, he would have scored. Did not play the ball well in the air. Wagner gave up a sure oskie, that might have been returned for West. Bearden's first drive looked well executed. That's a good Bearden team. Catholic put tugether their usual 9 or 10 play drive to score right back, and that was pretty much it. After what I saw last night, AE will be in the hunt. Happy hunting, Turtle.

ruse?

Championship? Let's see, A-E has went 0-2 and the start of the past two years. They have been thrashed by Fulton and Catholic two years straight. A-E is a great team and probably has one of the best if not the best friday night shows in TN but their region is way to tough. Give them two years when there in another and they probably will.

Championship? Let's see, A-E has went 0-2 and the start of the past two years. They have been thrashed by Fulton and Catholic two years straight. A-E is a great team and probably has one of the best if not the best friday night shows in TN but their region is way to tough. Give them two years when there in another and they probably will.

Ok, Let's get the facts straight. First of all, A-E DID start 0-2 last year! However, the year before they started out 2-0 before losing to Catholic. Secondly, only Catholic has beaten us both years and we really should have won the playoff game last year. We beat Fulton in the second game of the season in 2005.

Last year's team was a lot better than the record indicates. A break or two more going our way and the season's outcome could have been very different. A-E's five losses last year: Red Bank (4A), Fulton, Catholic (twice), and Webb. The Red Bank, Webb, and 2nd Catholic game were all close and could have went the other way! Fulton and Webb both won championships last year.

I actually think that A-E, Catholic, and Fulton are all going to be good this year. I just feel that this year's Roadrunners might have a little more motivation to win this year. This could be a special season for A-E. Don't count the Roadrunners out this year!

Go Roadrunners!

Last year's team was a lot better than the record indicates. A break or two more going our way and the season's outcome could have been very different. A-E's five losses last year: Red Bank (4A), Fulton, Catholic (twice), and Webb. The Red Bank, Webb, and 2nd Catholic game were all close and could have went the other way! Fulton and Webb both won championships last year.

I actually think that A-E, Catholic, and Fulton are all going to be good this year. I just feel that this year's Roadrunners might have a little more motivation to win this year. This could be a special season for A-E. Don't count the Roadrunners out this year!

Go Roadrunners!

a break or two? sir, let me quote from Vin Diesel in the Fast and Furious. "i don't care if you win by an inch or a mile, WINNINGS WINNING!" i'm not counting the roadrunners out. speed kills,but Fulton has speed and will smack you in the mouth and everyone knows that Catholic will find a way to win every game in their schedule or at least 9-1. Well see come this fall.