Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

The Vikings are potentially more talented in the skilled position in my opinion than we were last year. The physical part is there but the coaches have to install the frame of mind that Danny Thomas and Cory Fleenor possessed. The secondary is always a concern going into a new season. Two returning starts takes a little of the edge off but it is still a concern. As fare as them being tested by the Indians…from all indications there hasn’t been a Sensebaugh or a Throp (two very special and gifted athletes) emerge from the 07’ receiving core. And I have a felling you will learn to appreciate the player that Burton was more and more as the season goes on. So I don’t expect to see those numbers repeated this year. This is the perfect game for the Vikings to start out with. They will without a doubt be tested but a win here will be a much need boost of confidence for this team….especially after being a part of the most recent history between these two teams. We have waaaayyyyyyy more to gain from this game than to loose regardless of the out come (with the exception of it being a repeat of the last two years which I really doubt will happen).

Realize I coached Bo Burton at the boys club and know what an amazing athlete he is and a great leader, as well...very difficult to replace in all facets of what he meant to the team, such a great young man (I also coached Sensabaugh and Throp on the same team)...

Yeah, I think the Vikings have a great opportunity to begin their season with a lot of incentive...getting a chance to redeem ones self at ones own home is a very advantagous way to begin a season...and with the names returning and the athletes added in, it should be a fast on quick season for the Vikings...

I am just really dreading the race traffic on that Thursday night...

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realize I coached Bo Burton at the boys club and know what an amazing athlete he is and a great leader, as well...very difficult to replace in all facets of what he meant to the team, such a great young man (I also coached Sensabaugh and Throp on the same team)...

Yeah, I think the Vikings have a great opportunity to begin their season with a lot of incentive...getting a chance to redeem ones self at ones own home is a very advantagous way to begin a season...and with the names returning and the athletes added in, it should be a fast on quick season for the Vikings...

Roll Tribe Roll

The race traffic won’t be a factor on Thursday unless you have to travel through downtown Bristol. My advice (and I am a Bristolian lifer that now lives less than a mile from the front gates of the Speedway) avoid Volunteer Parkway as much as possible after the game!!! They have a parade for the Drivers Trucks on Thursday when they come into town, and it goes down Volunteer all the way to the Speedway! People line the streets the whole way and the police block traffic in all directions just to see these trucks. Beats everything I’ve ever seen!! So unless you have to go to Johnson City you should be good to go. I just hope that the threat of heavy traffic doesn't keep the DB band from coming... looking forward in being the first to see their 07' routine! This is easily the biggest night in football for District 1. The two Biggest football traditions in the area take on each other the same night the two pre-season favorites do battle…4A vs 5A!!!

The race traffic won’t be a factor on Thursday unless you have to travel through downtown Bristol. My advice (and I am a Bristolian lifer that now lives less than a mile from the front gates of the Speedway) avoid Volunteer Parkway as much as possible after the game!!! They have a parade for the Drivers Trucks on Thursday when they come into town, and it goes down Volunteer all the way to the Speedway! People line the streets the whole way and the police block traffic in all directions just to see these trucks. Beats everything I’ve ever seen!! So unless you have to go to Johnson City you should be good to go. I just hope that the threat of heavy traffic doesn't keep the DB band from coming... looking forward in being the first to see their 07' routine! This is easily the biggest night in football for District 1. The two Biggest football traditions in the area take on each other the same night the two pre-season favorites do battle…4A vs 5A!!!

Well said...and thanks for the advice...

Roll Tribe Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

Two years ago I witnessed my first THS vs. Virginia High football game on the same Thursday night and I had a much harder time getting to the restroom than i did getting back to Green County. (What a crowd.) I actually traveled down the Parkway to 394. The people were on the sides of the street but the parade had not started yet.

Roll Tribe Roll

Race Night on State Street 1-9 and parade starts at Bristol Mall @ 9:00 traveling down Vol. pkwy. After the game is your problem. Go out the "back side", hit PA Ave., Mary St, then Euclid working your way over to 81.

Roll Tribe Roll

I know Burton chose Baseball and Sensabaugh went to Clemson, where did Throp go? I never saw anything on Tri Cities Sports. Good athlete, could have chosen football or basketball (or both) for a small school.

I know Burton chose Baseball and Sensabaugh went to Clemson, where did Throp go? I never saw anything on Tri Cities Sports. Good athlete, could have chosen football or basketball (or both) for a small school.

I think he went to LMU for basketball. Not sure but I believe I read that in TriCitiesSports.com

You are correct Boonie, Throp signed to play basketball at Lincoln Memorial University (LMU)

Roll Tribe Roll

Race Night on State Street 1-9 and parade starts at Bristol Mall @ 9:00 traveling down Vol. pkwy. After the game is your problem. Go out the "back side", hit PA Ave., Mary St, then Euclid working your way over to 81.

Thanks for that advice.

Roll Tribe Roll

My daughter is a senior in the band and they are planning on making the trip to the Stone Castle. I really enjoy the atmosphere up there and have a great deal of respect for the Viking program. But because of the race traffic I kinda wish it was being played at J Fred this year. So you think the best way out is to go toward 11W instead of going through Blountville?

My daughter is a senior in the band and they are planning on making the trip to the Stone Castle. I really enjoy the atmosphere up there and have a great deal of respect for the Viking program. But because of the race traffic I kinda wish it was being played at J Fred this year. So you think the best way out is to go toward 11W instead of going through Blountville?

I promise the traffic will not be that bad. Besides your band is impressive enough to have the windows down on all 11 buses and give the parade watchers a show on the way out.

I to am looking forward to hearing your impressive band.