Temple

I was dissapointed that Hargis and someone from TSSAA weren't on the forum (they were invited.) I would like to have heard their rebuttals to some of Temple's claims. Maybe that's why they didn't show up. They may have decided not to come when they heard Walter Williams would be on the panel. That man tells it like it is.

Does he tell it like it is or is he just doing his job and portraying his clients best interests? I heard them complain that nothing was written about how once "temple new of the allegations, that they were in contact with the TSSAA and upfront about it all" If they would have self-reported their violations the TSSAA would have given a much lesser penalty, but waiting for the TSSAA to call you if not self-reporting. Temple is now just wasting money by having panels, and keep talking about it with their lawyers, cause im sure Mr. Williams runs about $200/hr....But thats ok im sure the booster will pick up the bill along with any other recruits he may find along the way.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the forum on their radio staion was a joke! I heard a little on my way home. I can't believe they kept complaining about how the punishment was too harsh, and comparing it to someone stealing a bag of chips and getting life in prison. They are lucky that they just got this because the should have gotten more. They know nothing about Stephen Hargis so I think it was wrong for them to speak about him the way they did.

I don't mean for this to sound abrasive, but what exactly was the point of this panel discussion and to whom were they trying to portray anything to by having this forum?

I guess to get out information that was not reported in the paper like the two 2007 spring practice kids being insured. In the paper it was stated if they had gotten hurt they were not covered.

But it's not really a "forum" if you don't have both sides present or at least take phone calls etc. I can understand the TSSAA and the paper not wanting to show up on someone's home radio station though. Perhaps they would have better luck getting together on a neutral station with a neutral moderator.

I guess to get out information that was not reported in the paper like the two 2007 spring practice kids being insured. In the paper it was stated if they had gotten hurt they were not covered.

But it's not really a "forum" if you don't have both sides present or at least take phone calls etc. I can understand the TSSAA and the paper not wanting to show up on someone's home radio station though. Perhaps they would have better luck getting together on a neutral station with a neutral moderator.

i thought it was ronnie carter who stated that the kids were not insured? am i mistaken?

I was dissapointed that Hargis and someone from TSSAA weren't on the forum (they were invited.) I would like to have heard their rebuttals to some of Temple's claims. Maybe that's why they didn't show up. They may have decided not to come when they heard Walter Williams would be on the panel. That man tells it like it is.

You've been a relative voice of reason until now. I don't think the reporter was given much notice about the "forum." and I doubt seriously he was worried about Mr. Williams, especially given that Mr. Williams best argument was that the only reason this even happened was becasue Mr. Hargis's son is a star player at S.pitt and that if Temple vacated their title, S.Pit would be named champs.

Master Hargis is the water boy and any body with any sense knows the titles are vacated, not awarded to next in line.

The reason this case became more than accusations and rumors was because Mr. Skogen called Mr. Carter to appeal for a hardship exception for his son at McCallie and in the course of the conversation told Mr. Carter that he had not been paid nor paid tution.

Once Mr. Carter had that unprovoked admission, he had no choice but to look further into the allegations the TSSAA had already gotten.

Hargis simply reported the facts as they happened .

why would ronnie carter think the kids were not insured if temple says they were insured?

why would ronnie carter think the kids were not insured if temple says they were insured?

I'm going on recollection here rather than try to find the articles, but I believe Ronnie Carter said the kids would not be insured under the TSSAA insurance. I'm not an insider on either the TSSAA or Temple so I don't know anything outside of what I've read in the paper or heard on the radio yesterday. I don't know if/when Temple informed Ronnie Carter of the insurance they referred to yesterday.

I heard them complain that nothing was written about how once "temple new of the allegations, that they were in contact with the TSSAA and upfront about it all"

The truth is they were not upfront and were evasive. They got a Lawyer real quick and let him handle it. They also refused to tell their side of the story when contacted by Hargis but want to attack him because he told what he knew. And now it sounds like they want to be seen as the victims....... Horsehocky

I'm going on recollection here rather than try to find the articles, but I believe Ronnie Carter said the kids would not be insured under the TSSAA insurance. I'm not an insider on either the TSSAA or Temple so I don't know anything outside of what I've read in the paper or heard on the radio yesterday. I don't know if/when Temple informed Ronnie Carter of the insurance they referred to yesterday.

It was the TSSAA's catasrophic insurance. Whether they had other insurance or not means nothing. Practicing Larson and the 2 CSAS kids in the Spring was a CLEAR violation of the practice rules