Temple

The article in the paper had the word "listen" in there but it wasn't on the online version. Not sure what happened. I fixed it in my cut and paste

I agree about the don't like it then leave. Temple does have the right to to not like the way the TSSAA does things. I don't like everything they do and I agree that a broader based appeals board would be a good thing for all of us. Having a one sided radio "forum", not getting facts correct and whining was ill advised. Now any sympathy they may have gotten from other schools is greatly diluted.

Yeah, I noticed it in the online version. Good to know the print version was correct. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I wonder if any sympathy Temple gets from other school come from schools wanting a weakened TSSAA rules enforcement. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope so but I guess that will be up to Temple. My guess is that Temple will at least post a rebuttal on their web site. They don't seem smart enough to leave it alone.

They definitely should try not to hurt Hargis' feelings anymore. He's got a much bigger audience and evidently can write whatever he wants to. Hargis and his SPitt buddies have gotten the last word now. Hopefully they feel vindicated and Temple will know better than to challenge them again.

Any specifics on what you feel was out of line in the latest article?

Believe it or not I agree with most of it. If you want to belong to an organization, abide by the rules or get out. What I don't like is that this story has been "reported" on by someone that, probably not many people know, is connected to a school that doesn't like Temple. He seems to be pretty close to Zone P., and we all know Zone's thoughts on the subject. Why is Hargis handling this story in the first place when the TFP has several other high school reporters, several of whom probably have no ties to a Temple competitor? My point is this isn't objective reporting. And Hargis' animosity towards Temple is clear when he all of a sudden becomes commentator in today's paper to respond to a small radio show that was directed mainly towards Temple's supporters and family. Hargis was invited to take part in Temple's forum that probably reached less than 1000 listeners (my guess). Temple wasn't invited to take part in his commentary, which suppossedly reaches tens of thousands. He holds the power in this deal and he's using it shamelessly. Like I said, Temple needs to let it go. They're out-matched. Hargis and SPitt won.

Believe it or not I agree with most of it. If you want to belong to an organization, abide by the rules or get out. What I don't like is that this story has been "reported" on by someone that, probably not many people know, is connected to a school that doesn't like Temple. He seems to be pretty close to Zone P., and we all know Zone's thoughts on the subject. Why is Hargis handling this story in the first place when the TFP has several other high school reporters, several of whom probably have no ties to a Temple competitor? My point is this isn't objective reporting. And Hargis' animosity towards Temple is clear when he all of a sudden becomes commentator in today's paper to respond to a small radio show that was directed mainly towards Temple's supporters and family. Hargis was invited to take part in Temple's forum that probably reached less than 1000 listeners (my guess). Temple wasn't invited to take part in his commentary, which suppossedly reaches tens of thousands. He holds the power in this deal and he's using it shamelessly. Like I said, Temple needs to let it go. They're out-matched. Hargis and SPitt won.

this topic clearly fascinates me. what do you believe hargis and s. pitt has proven? or, what have they won?

this topic clearly fascinates me. what do you believe hargis and s. pitt has proven? or, what have they won?

They haven't proven anything to me, but what they have tried to prove is that Temple is run by dishonest, incompetent people. I believe they have won the battle to get their message out louder than Temple's message. I don't know the extent to which people believe Hargis and company's message, but I know a lot more people have heard it than have heard Temple's.

They haven't proven anything to me, but what they have tried to prove is that Temple is run by dishonest, incompetent people. I believe they have won the battle to get their message out louder than Temple's message. I don't know the extent to which people believe Hargis and company's message, but I know a lot more people have heard it than have heard Temple's.

Temple got caught cheating so he doesn't have to do much to convince anyone that Temple is dishonest. Temple got that message out on their own when they decided to cheat and were caught. I hear that they are already practicing basetball over there and are calling it "football conditioning." How are they looking?

Legend, I think you probably meant basketball practicing. I had heard the same thing, that the football coach was doing basketball related drills for "conditioning" and "agility" in the gym using basketballs since he is also the head basketball coach. That is probably how he convinced some of the basketball players to come out for football so late.

Yes I know Stephen since I coached his son many years ago in little league baseball and I talk to him from time to time. His son is a Jr High Student at SP and ball boy. My opinions on the matter have no reflection on what he writes. He has never asked me for my opinion. I have no problem with Temple as a whole, even though they beat us last year but I do have problems with the way Temple runs it's business and I will stand up for Stephen or SP if half truths and mistakes are put forth as facts. Temple's Admin knew about their "forum" for over a week but they only invited him late in the morning the day of the show. It is obvious to me that they really didn't want a dissenting opinion on their "show" or they would have invited him much sooner. Temple bushwhacked Stephen with their little "show". Wouldn't you be unhappy if someone had done you the same way. Stephen did contact Walter Williams for his comments on Thursday before he wrote the article (Williams said he said he might have misunderstood or been misinformed) and even though I am not sure I will bet he also contacted Temples Admin. Ask them. Temple didn't have any problems with Stephen when he was writing all these glowing articles about Temple's basketball and football teams and about the Skogens. Temple needs to just take their medicine and get on with life and the parents at Temple need to get their Admin under control if they want this issue to pass.

Same question as blueand gold...just how did South Pittsburg win? No games were forfeited to SP and the title was vacated not given to SP? What does SP have to do with Temple's getting caught breaking rules? How about if Temple just admits they broke the rules and quits blaming everyone else.

Legend, I think you probably meant basketball practicing. I had heard the same thing, that the football coach was doing basketball related drills for "conditioning" and "agility" in the gym using basketballs since he is also the head basketball coach. That is probably how he convinced some of the basketball players to come out for football so late.

They can do conditioning for basketball if they want but no practice until Nov 1. Might be a real fine line he is pushing for a school that is on probation