Knoxville Carter Football

jet21

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that there are many teams at this point in the year that may be losing a player or two...I can't see too much trouble going on at Carter. I do also think that Seymour is a legitamate threat to the Hornet's chances of a threepeat. There is a strong will to win associated with that program and a pretty strong defense is returning. I am really looking forward to seeing this game, it has really turned into a grudge match...which came to a head in last year's bruhaha.

I am sure that one or two quitters will not hurt the Hornets, just wanted to get the facts. How have the Hornets looked in their pre-season scrimmages. I got to go to the spring scrimmage at CN and they looked pretty good. I have heard that Bearden is supposed to be good this year. Is Carter ready for the big opener. I agree that Seymour is going to be tougher this year but Seymour will always be Seymour...Those kids just find ways to lose big games. The Hornets will be on top again, Seymour players and coaches will find a way to lose at least two region games, they always do. I am not bashing Seymour, it is just my opinion from what I have seen the past few years. Luck always seems to go against the Eagles.

Carter looks good this year, I have a son that plays on the team. I only know of one started that quit but he quit not because of anything the Coaches or team did he quit for educational reasons he wanted to concentrate on his grades being his Senior year. He isan't one that is easily replaced but as many people know Carter not only has talent on the field they have it on the sidelines so when that player quit their was someone waiting in the wings. The great thing about Carters coaches is that they don't just have one person that can play that one position each player is trained on playing several different positions on the field. Carter has had 2 scrimmages that have taught them where their weak spots are and the coaches have already nipped it in the bud. I look for Carter to take the region this year and hope they do but I think they are going to have to work for it this year. They players and coaches are looking forward to each game this year and prepared for Seymore.

GO HORNETS!!!!

I am sure that one or two quitters will not hurt the Hornets, just wanted to get the facts. How have the Hornets looked in their pre-season scrimmages. I got to go to the spring scrimmage at CN and they looked pretty good. I have heard that Bearden is supposed to be good this year. Is Carter ready for the big opener. I agree that Seymour is going to be tougher this year but Seymour will always be Seymour...Those kids just find ways to lose big games. The Hornets will be on top again, Seymour players and coaches will find a way to lose at least two region games, they always do. I am not bashing Seymour, it is just my opinion from what I have seen the past few years. Luck always seems to go against the Eagles.

Yeh, you're bashing Seymour, jet21. When you talk about 16 and 17 year olds and say they "just find ways to lose games", that's bashing even if it is "just your opinion." Talking about kids like that and then saying you're not bashing doesn't change the fact that you are.

Honestly, I was not intending it to be bashing but after reading my won post I can see where it comes off that way. I only ment that they just seem to have all the breaks go against them in big games...like the defense causing a fumble and the ball bouncing right back to the ball carrier or a questionable call going against them. I certianly did not mean that the players find ways to mess things up. Now the coaches, I have seen them make some pretty bonehead calls in crucial situations.

The Seymour coaching staff has been one of the more consistent coaching staffs around. I am not sure where anyone would think they make alot of bonehead calls. They have actually won many games. I will have to say that under the current circumstances many of your past dominant programs are down. Seymour has an exceptional coaching staff. They are not getting the kids they used to get though. Pigeon Forge has hurt all three programs in Sevier Co.

To get to the second part of your question, Carter has had moments of brilliance at times during the srimmages. They seem to be a pretty athletic team, not overly blessed with size on line, like South-Doyle, but they seem to be pretty quick of step. The defensive line esspecially looks both quick and strong. At the same time the Hornets have had some bad turnovers and other early season mistakes. I am excited about seeing Carter take on two pretty darn good teams to start the season.

Thanks for the update. I am sure Bearden will be a great test for us but I do not think we will have much problem with South-Doyle. However, South-Doyle is supposed to be big this year so we will be able to put our quickness to the test. I am very excited about this season because I think this will be our year to beat the Region 2 teams...they all seem to be talking about being down this year other than AE and they are always athletic but beatable. Go Hornets, beat the Bulldogs.

Thanks for the update. I am sure Bearden will be a great test for us but I do not think we will have much problem with South-Doyle. However, South-Doyle is supposed to be big this year so we will be able to put our quickness to the test. I am very excited about this season because I think this will be our year to beat the Region 2 teams...they all seem to be talking about being down this year other than AE and they are always athletic but beatable. Go Hornets, beat the Bulldogs.

jet21.

SD is much improved over last yr. They will be a .500 ball club this yr. This will be the best team of football players that Bearden has put on the field in the last 10 yrs., IMO. Now whether or not the young Head Coach can convert that talent, we'll see. Region 2 is not down, IMO. Fulton went to the Boarder Bash in North Carolina, and defeated one of the best programs in the state 16-10. They have young OL/DL that are stepping up, skill guys on top of skill guys, and a great staff. AE has a 6-4 200+ QB w/a gun, and a hoard of receivers, on e of the best LBs around, and a # of OL/DL back. Catholic has 9 of 11 back on D, a SR. QB, by the name of Lindsey, whom I'm sure you miss, and one of the best coaches/staffs in Knox. Yes, Rogan, and Anderson are doing their thing at UT, and Smith is doing his at ND, but IMO, the big three might be better. Anderson County is coming around, Kingston is improving, and Scott Co. has 20 or so starters, not SR's, but starters back. Livingston is 2 yrs removed from a state championship, and will be improved over last yr, and a brand new school, w/brand new facilities; Stone Memorial will attract talent, and quickley.

ruse?