Riverdale vs. Oakland

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i can FINALLY GET ON LINE what a storm at the end of the game...my thoughts on the game....

1. I thought we were very disciplined tonight very few penalties last year if you remember against siegel seems like we had 11 or so penalties so that was very good oakland had a few more penalties but being the first game of the year both sides played pretty clean

2. OUR DEFENSE LOOKED GREAT it was about what i expected i figured that our defense would control much like they did however oakland did move the ball decent they could move the ball but not ever finish. that team has some players on it and it will be intresting to see how they fair by the end of the year having said that i was singin siegel praises after our game last year and we all know what happened to them. but our defense is still good and it must be nice to be coach creesy(sp?) and have a shut out in your first game at RIVERDALE good job to all coaches and players

3. Our offense obviously isnt clicking yet but i also think that oaklands defense had somthing to do with that they did a good job of staying at home and staying in their gaps i think as the season goes on that we will get better and i like the few pass plays we had even though one of them was intercepted its ok i would have liked to have seen about 2 more successful pass plays just enough to make teams RESPECT though i like how vanhoose ran the ball he just found a crease and got all he could while running over a few people

4. BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS WHE YOU BEAT OAKLAND AND YOU BEAT THEM BY WHUTTING THEM OUT ITS A GREAT NIGHT AT THE FOOTBALL FEILD

GO WARRIORS

the offense will be fine, ran into a team that knew how to defend it of course and we were short our starting TB...i really take pride in the fact that we preserved the shut out on the defense. would have loved to seen us be dominant out the gate but from a fans stand point watching growth over the season is more interesting.

Can someone explain McClain getting 1 carry for 3 yards. I hope thats a typo on the Tennessean.

i actually dont remember mcclain playing he had been in a boot earlier this week so if i slipped up and missed him in the game i know he didnt play long...jr. #6 joey lee held it down tho. dont have my usual "professional" analysis on the game tho as i got there late and left kinda early

I must say this game was pretty uneventful. Im a fan of playing defense but not a fan of watching it unless there are consistently huge hits. Also, I really really really HATE the wing T with a passion. Oakland suprised me. I think if they passed more the game might have been closer.

It was a defensive struggle and there were a ton of big hits in the game...both defenses were bringing it.

McClain went out after his first carry and then Lee was pretty much gone late in the 2d quarter. The offense really began to look out of sync without two starters. The OL didn't have a great night...they had trouble moving Oakland a couple yards when we needed a couple yards. I expect the offense to improve a lot as the year rolls along. Trey had moments and ran the ball better than I thought. He also looked a little shaky at times. Vanhoose stepped up when we needed it. We do need to throw enough passes to make the defense respect the throw. You can't just try to throw on 3rd and 20.

Special teams showed a little promise. Once Beckwith settles down I think he's going to be really good. Our long snapper is excellent...gets the ball there in a hurry and on target.

Both defenses looked good but got lots of help from the opposing offenses. We got a pick and with just a little luck could have had a couple more of those tipped balls. Run D looked strong and really went head to head with some pretty good looking backs. Ebal had some really nice plays on Precious. Oakland passed more than expected and seemed to give up on the run pretty early in the second half. I won't be surprised if they begin to move away from the wing-t in the next couple games.

This Oakland team looked much better conditioned than the teams the last couple years. The linemen that were playing weren't carrying a lot of extra weight. The skill people looked really good and the whole team was physical and played with a lot of heart. Could be a pretty good team if they stay healthy and settle in at a couple spots.

This game was in doubt and I was worried that our guys might fade down the stretch. They didn't and played with great heart all the way. That was a key test for this bunch and they passed.

Bottom line: We got a shutout but have a long way to go to be a good football team. However, we did show some promise that we could get there.

Very good crowd last night...looks like both teams brought a lot of fans.

i was glad to see deandre miller go out and play a solid game on the DL, he's a very hard worker and i know he has got to be frustrated with the injuries that have held him back most of his high school career so it was good to see him prove himself.

glad jeremy didnt run much, and i hope him and joey are rested and healthy for antioch

chicken or the egg?

good defense or crummy offense?

I am not a wing t fan as I have stated by anyone not just these 2 teams

with that huge offensive line of rdale it just doesn't make any sense to me to have everybdoy running sideways.

I would line up pro set and run behind spurlock till his tounge was wagging

Give Oakland credit they fought hard but they just have no offensive weapons other than #6 who showed a flash or 2

In their case I at least understand somewhat about the wing t. It helped last night to shorten the game and they will probably be in every game they play.

Also one other question - did I really see Spurlock on the kickoff team?? That just didn't look right I cant remeber seeing an offensive tackle on kickoff team.

From the scores last night its going to be a tough hard fought region

Oakland played really well to just be learing the wingt...they realized they cld not run so they went 2 the pass but even though they never scored they still showed alot of potential & I know it was alot closer than many expected.

As for Riverdale...well thank goodness for a great d-fense...the O-line that has been so talked up diffently did not live up 2 all of the talk. Something was just not clicking btween them & the QB & the RB as they were making holes but it seems like it was not where the holes were supposed 2 be so the runner wld get shut down. The passing interception will happen ... it was the 1st game so every1 just get over it but he turned right around & made an outstanding pass for the final TD so thats the way to do it. u pound em hard inside (of course hoping 4 better results) but anyways then u surprise w/ the long through. Seems like we are doing better w/ the kicking this year as well.. Nice play....

Congrats RIVERDALE!!! good way to start off the year with a district win!!!