Week 0: Franklin vs. Hillsboro

bulldogger07

You are saying that it is the coach's job to tell the refs how to do their job. Yeah right.

I am saying that if your state has overtime, then even you should know that a game can't end in a tie. Why do think we have overtime. Come on, I bet a jr. pro coach knows that. It is not the officials call to end a game, it is their job to enforce the rules while playing. Coaches have the responsibility to set a time to finish. Coaches should know that a game not finished can't end in a tie in Tennessee. It must be finished or no contest. Why is it that this is the only game in Tennessee that was not finished. All the other coaches knew their games had to be finished,that is why. I don't coach, but I knew it had be finished. Why did you not know this, must not be a coach or official. Come on, say something sarcastic,again.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am saying that if your state has overtime, then even you should know that a game can't end in a tie. Why do think we have overtime. Come on, I bet a jr. pro coach knows that. It is not the officials call to end a game, it is their job to enforce the rules while playing. Coaches have the responsibility to set a time to finish. Coaches should know that a game not finished can't end in a tie in Tennessee. It must be finished or no contest. Why is it that this is the only game in Tennessee that was not finished. All the other coaches knew their games had to be finished,that is why. I don't coach, but I knew it had be finished. Why did you not know this, must not be a coach or official. Come on, say something sarcastic,again.

I am almost positive that the Principals, Coaches, Referees, (Metro's AD was at game/so was Tribue) made the decision to stop the game at 10:10 after being delayed already for around 45 min. You say that you don't coach. Are you a referee? I doubt it. Were you at the game? I doubt it. Do you have a dog in the hunt? I doubt it. Is all that sacastic enough for ya. I believe the game will conclude in the next few weeks maybe on a monday night. Don't know for sure though. If/when this happens, why don't you come out, spend a couple bucks, eat a hot dog, drink a soda and see two good football teams?

I am almost positive that the Principals, Coaches, Referees, (Metro's AD was at game/so was Tribue) made the decision to stop the game at 10:10 after being delayed already for around 45 min. You say that you don't coach. Are you a referee? I doubt it. Were you at the game? I doubt it. Do you have a dog in the hunt? I doubt it. Is all that sacastic enough for ya. I believe the game will conclude in the next few weeks maybe on a monday night. Don't know for sure though. If/when this happens, why don't you come out, spend a couple bucks, eat a hot dog, drink a soda and see two good football teams?

No wonder this problem exist,with the people you said were at the game. Thanks for clearing up this mess. Now everybody understands. Stopping the game is not the problem. Finishing the game is the problem. As stated earlier, why have overtime if a tie is accepted. Why is that so difficult to understand. Ties do not count in Tennessee, that is the reason to finish a game even if it is the next day or next month. When the game is played if the game ends in a tie then what will they do, play an overtime to have a winner and no tie. Plenty of time to eat some hotdogs and have a soda. See you at the game.

Guest workinprogress

Keep us updated 12ncs. Its too good of a game for them not to finish.

Guest workinprogress

FYI... On Franklin's football website they have an article from the Tennessean posted, along with boxscores, and a short video clip from the game. The clip only shows Franklin highlights but it's pretty cool.

Check it out:

FranklinFootball.com

Just click on the image next to the Rebels-Burros score and you're there.

From looking at the stats, it appears as though if Franklin could have held onto the ball then they would have been the better team that night. They lead all stats but have turned the ball over twice.

workinprogress,

That's a very good observation. I was at the game. It was 7-7 and Franklin was driving after shutting down Hillsboro on their first drive of the 3rd quarter. (QB) Nichols got sacked, fumbled, and Hillsboro recovered. Hillsboro then completed a pass for about 20-30 yards and got an additional 15 yards tacked on due to a personal foul penalty. (RB) Seward ran it in after that giving Hillsboro a 14-7 lead. On Franklin's next possession (RB) Steele fumbled right into the hands of a Hillsboro defender and Hillsboro took over inside the Franklin 20. (RB) Seward squeezed through the line and ran it down inside the 5 yard line. That's when Franklin's defense made their goal line stand. Four straight Hillsboro runs inside the 5 yard line were stopped by Franklin's defense. Franklin then took over and drove the length of the field for the game tying touchdown scored by (RB) Lee. That drive would have never happened if a Hillsboro defender hadn't interfered with a Franklin WR on a third and long play. That gave Franklin a first down and kept the drive going.

Hillsboro was never in "control" of the game despite what some might want you to think. Neither team was in "control" of the game. The defenses were dictating play. When the officials sent the players off the field because of the lightning I actually thought they were doing Hillsboro a favor because momentum was definitely on Franklin's side after a HUGE goal line stand and a long 99-yard TD drive.

Guest workinprogress

workinprogress,

That's a very good observation. I was at the game. It was 7-7 and Franklin was driving after shutting down Hillsboro on their first drive of the 3rd quarter. (QB) Nichols got sacked, fumbled, and Hillsboro recovered. Hillsboro then completed a pass for about 20-30 yards and got an additional 15 yards tacked on due to a personal foul penalty. (RB) Seward ran it in after that giving Hillsboro a 14-7 lead. On Franklin's next possession (RB) Steele fumbled right into the hands of a Hillsboro defender and Hillsboro took over inside the Franklin 20. (RB) Seward squeezed through the line and ran it down inside the 5 yard line. That's when Franklin's defense made their goal line stand. Four straight Hillsboro runs inside the 5 yard line were stopped by Franklin's defense. Franklin then took over and drove the length of the field for the game tying touchdown scored by (RB) Lee. That drive would have never happened if a Hillsboro defender hadn't interfered with a Franklin WR on a third and long play. That gave Franklin a first down and kept the drive going.

Hillsboro was never in "control" of the game despite what some might want you to think. Neither team was in "control" of the game. The defenses were dictating play. When the officials sent the players off the field because of the lightning I actually thought they were doing Hillsboro a favor because momentum was definitely on Franklin's side after a HUGE goal line stand and a long 99-yard TD drive.

Im sure everyone has their own opinions. Sounds like a great defensive battle. It will be interesting to see what happens and which team will respond. Hopefully this week will be rain free.