Bearden vs Carter

qbsdad

Well the start of 2007 is here.Carter vs Bearden could be a good one if Carter has enough players to play.Offensively the Green could struggle early Gorman Dismissed-Stanton serving 1 game suspension for last year Fulton playoff game-Roach concussion-Bozeman????.This Carter team is still a mystery. If some leaders emerge could be as good as any Woods has had in his 6th year.As for the Gorman situation there is times when the player needs the team worse than the team needs the player and this is one of those situation I hope it woks out the best way possible.So now as for my view of this game.Bearden may be as good as they have ever been and Carter still needs some direction on offense.Bearden 21 Carter 0.Look for Carter to be a lot better in week 2.GO HORNETS!!!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Defense puts pressure on Bearden's QB, look out for the Hornets. I feel that there are enough athletes at Carter to put pressure on the QB throughout the game, this will cause some things to happen. Remember, this is both teams' first game so they will both be fighting the jitters. The special teams may actually be the answer for the winning team, remember how Carter started off the 2006 campaign. Go Hornets, don't take a play off and leave no doubt!

I think if the Carter D can hold the Bearden offense to 7 or 14 points and the offense is clicking Carter will have a chance. The question is if the D can hold the Bearden quarterback from breaking out and having a career night, because he is without a question one of the best in the state. This is a great chance to see how good our program is by playing a top calaber team such as Bearden. I hope its a good hard hitting game and that the Hornets win or lose gain some respect for their play. GO HORNETS

IMO, Bearden has too much for Carter right now. Even if some of the kids that are not currently scheduled to play, were to play, it would be very tough for Carter. On offense they have Goodrich, Shankles, Goultry, and Moore up front. Not huge 6-0-6-2, and all 230+. Quick, strong , and have all been playing or starting since their Soph yr. All Seniors. Works and Pemberton are RB and FB respectively. Same deal, not that big, but Seniors who have played a lot of football. Rouse and Cunningham will also carry the ball. Rouse starts at OLB, and Cunningham at DB. Both Seniors. Hallady is QB. Three year Starter. Very, very good QB. Smart. I just don't see Carter being able to get pressure on him, or if they do being able to contain him. A number of those guys do play both ways, so conditioning could be an issue. Bearden, with all due respect to Carter has an advantage in experience, and athleticism. Having said that, I am sure Carter will show up ready to go.

ruse?

ruse?

I think the Carter D-Line will do all right pressuring Hallady, but I think he is so athletic they will have a hard time containing him like you said. I too am extremely impressed with him. Saw him back in the spring, and he is a playmaker.

Either with his arm or his legs, he makes things happen.

Hey Leonard.

I understand ET Preps has the MoWest/Catholic after the 10:00 pm news Friday night on the East Tennessee CW, while CSS has Farragut/West game live @7:30 pm. Also there is the Bearden/Carter game. So TIVO the CSS, catch the MoWest/Catholic in HD @ say 10:30, and see Bearden/Catholic live? Nine hours of pretty good HS ball to start the season, and roughly 1/3 in HD, thanks to you and the rest of the gang over at unapproved:)

ruse?