Maryville @ Alcoa

the1andonly13

I agree. Alcoa this year does not belong in the top 5, I??™m not even sure if they should be in the top 10. Beat Maryville, then no question top 5 IMO. They are no question on top of 2A in East Tn but #2 in the state????? I doubt it. They lost allot of studs the last two years and this year appear to be re-building.

I don't want to cause trouble but I went by MHS today and bought my ticket for the Alcoa game. The last time I checked the normal ticket price was $5.00 for an Adult and $3.00 for a student. To my surprise Alcoa jacked the price of tickets to $6.00 and won't offer any student tickets for this game I'm told. All tickets for this game are $6.00.

I think the Alcoa High School is gouging the fans and the kids and I don't like it one bit. Personally I would gladly pay $10.00 for admission for the game but to jack up the price because of greed, even on the students is wrong. I would like an Alcoa fan to explain this action.

name 9 other teams that are better than Alcoa

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Alcoa this year does not belong in the top 5, I??™m not even sure if they should be in the top 10. Beat Maryville, then no question top 5 IMO. They are no question on top of 2A in East Tn but #2 in the state????? I doubt it. They lost allot of studs the last two years and this year appear to be re-building.

I don't want to cause trouble but I went by MHS today and bought my ticket for the Alcoa game. The last time I checked the normal ticket price was $5.00 for an Adult and $3.00 for a student. To my surprise Alcoa jacked the price of tickets to $6.00 and won't offer any student tickets for this game I'm told. All tickets for this game are $6.00.

I think the Alcoa High School is gouging the fans and the kids and I don't like it one bit. Personally I would gladly pay $10.00 for admission for the game but to jack up the price because of greed, even on the students is wrong. I would like an Alcoa fan to explain this action.

Sure, no problem with an explanation: 1. New Field House 2. New Dual Purpose Practice Facility 3. Possible "New" High School down the road.

Administration wants the Maryville fans to contribute to these exciting possibilities.

I don't know if the TSSAA regulates this or not but I heard a lot of schools were going up to six dollar admission this year. Maryville may go up a buck as well, at least it seems like I heard that a while back.

As far as the rankings go, they are useless at this point of the season. It seems like often before a big game two teams wind up ranked one and two. Countless times we have played Central when we were both ranked one and two in 4A at the time. Hopefully we will improve the kicking game, OL and running backs. We haven't played a game yet so we still have time right?

Alcoa and Maryville are definitely two of the top 4 programs in the state. Alcoa is loaded with talent and speed, not to mention a pretty good coaching staff. Maryville is well Maryville. They have talent, speed, great coaching and the know how to win football games. Maryville will be a little deeper than Alcoa. I think this will make the difference. This will be a tight game between two really good teams, but in the end Alcoa will be forced to bow down to Blount County's best team.

I don't know if the TSSAA regulates this or not but I heard a lot of schools were going up to six dollar admission this year. Maryville may go up a buck as well, at least it seems like I heard that a while back.

As far as the rankings go, they are useless at this point of the season. It seems like often before a big game two teams wind up ranked one and two. Countless times we have played Central when we were both ranked one and two in 4A at the time. Hopefully we will improve the kicking game, OL and running backs. We haven't played a game yet so we still have time right?

Compared to eating out, concerts and movies, HS athletics are the best deal and show in town for the $$.

name 9 other teams that are better than Alcoa

That's easy. I said top 5, I think they could be top 10 but it is too early in the season yet I think.

How about these teams in no particular order;

MARYVILLE

MELROSE

BAYLOR

FULTON

RIVERDALE

OOLTEWAH

WHITE STATION

SMYRNA

DB

RED BANK

KNOX CENTRAL

And maybe even William Blount this year.

I do not think 2A is very good in Tennessee as Alcoa won't play to many highly ranked teams. Besides Alcoa their region is very weak. Sorry that is just how I see it, just one man's opinion.

Now how about my ticket price question?

That's easy. I said top 5, I think they could be top 10 but it is too early in the season yet I think.

How about these teams in no particular order;

MARYVILLE

MELROSE

BAYLOR

FULTON

RIVERDALE

OOLTEWAH

WHITE STATION

SMYRNA

DB

RED BANK

KNOX CENTRAL

And maybe even William Blount this year.

I do not think 2A is very good in Tennessee as Alcoa won't play to many highly ranked teams. Besides Alcoa their region is very weak. Sorry that is just how I see it, just one man's opinion.

Now how about my ticket price question?

I'll throw in Sullivan South as well.

Compared to eating out, concerts and movies, HS athletics are the best deal and show in town for the $$.

Oh I totally agree and was not knocking it, just trying to explain what I knew about the price increase that had been brought up. The Friday night atmosphere is second to none.

I'm not sure that raising the ticket price from $5 to $6 can be classified as jacking the ticket prices up, nor would I consider it gouging the fans and kids. I believe that ticket prices are being raised across Tennessee from $5 to $6 so it may not have been Alcoas decision. If they truly wanted to jack the ticket prices up or gouge the fans they would have raised them to the $10 you have already said you would gladly pay. This kind of personal attack on Alcoa really isn't necessary, maybe it's TSSAA you need to talk to. I am a fan of both Alcoa and Maryville ( as well as WBHS and HHS), but my kids and I attend the MHS games, so I am not reacting to your accusations defensively, but objectively.

I'm not sure that raising the ticket price from $5 to $6 can be classified as jacking the ticket prices up, nor would I consider it gouging the fans and kids. I believe that ticket prices are being raised across Tennessee from $5 to $6 so it may not have been Alcoas decision. If they truly wanted to jack the ticket prices up or gouge the fans they would have raised them to the $10 you have already said you would gladly pay. This kind of personal attack on Alcoa really isn't necessary, maybe it's TSSAA you need to talk to. I am a fan of both Alcoa and Maryville ( as well as WBHS and HHS), but my kids and I attend the MHS games, so I am not reacting to your accusations defensively, but objectively.

Exactly. I don't think the self proclaimed football god, FBE know most schools across TN are raising the ticket price from $5 to $6. NOT JUST ALCOA!