Maryville @ Alcoa

the1andonly13

I've watched both teams play in this season and I must say this is Alcoa's worst defense since 03'. Their offense will win most of their games. As for the Rebs, I watched them in the jamboree and their defense has looked better in the past. This game could be high scoring and both teams could put up 20 or 30 pts. It's gonna be hard for Alcoa to stop anything up the middle but Cobb can make something out of nothing, so I hope Alcoa keeps it close and pulls it out 31-28.

I just hope he, Cobb, is healthy enough to play at 100 percent. The defense is weaker for now, but will improve as the season goes on. They are so young. Maryville has three "great" high school players, but I am not sure their offensive line is as dominant as it has been in the past. They are still the heavy favorite though.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Cobb Injured? Was he not 100% Friday or did he get hurt that night. I hope he is 100%, I want to see what all the hype is about.

I would not worry too much about MHS's D. We have some front seven questions to answer. Last year MHS had maybe the best combo of LB's ever, but the front 4 were not close to the 05 group. But the D will get there and I think with the depth that MHS always develops it will help to improve things. I don't agree that Alcoa will score 30 points though. Maryville seldom allows 30, but seldom scores less than 30.

MHS 34, AHS 17

What time will the gates open and what time will those great burgers be ready?

Yes, it's true. His name is Emmitt Smith, and, although he looks much older than 17, his birth certificate refutes any assesrtions that he might be older than he claims and that he previously set some records in the NFL...

In a related story, we also have a new defensive back who likes to be called "Pacman." I'm not sure where we find these undiscovered gems, but this guy's amazing. He has a problem getting in by curfew and spends a little too much time hanging out at the dance team's practices, but he's got one year of eligibility and is looking to make an impact.

We're apparently scouting a really agile quarterback out of Atlanta as well. Stay tuned.

Look out everyone, here come the Rebels!

Now that's funny!! Be on the lookout for a quarterback, I hear there is one named Vick looking for somewhere to play. LOL

Maryville is NOT the best team in the state until they are beaten. There's no doubt that they are a great team and the best in 4A hands down. But they are going to have to beat someone other then Hillsboro and Alcoa to be recognized as the best team in the state. Why don't they play BA, Smyrna or Riverdale? Again, I don't want to take anything away from Maryville, but I just can't take it when people say they are hands down the best team in the state. Their out of conference schedule is simply not strong enough.

Look at teams like BA & Smyrna. They both won the state championship last year (5A & Div. II-AA) and this year they are playing eachother. Some teams aren't afraid to play against the best competition...Maryville is not one of them.

Sports Illistrated named them the top program in the state, but i'm sure they follow TN highschool football REAL close too. Still...Maryville by 20

Cobb agitated his ankle again in Fridays game...He should be close to 100% but it will wear on him if he plays a lot both ways.

The gates open at 5:30 and there will be no saving seats at 10 AM like in the past. First come, first serve at 5:30.

I can smell the burgers as well and the Rebel fans cooking in the sun on the other side.

At least we did build the stadium to keep our fans in the shade in the early games.

Cobb agitated his ankle again in Fridays game...He should be close to 100% but it will wear on him if he plays a lot both ways.

Cobb should have not even dressed for the Spring Hill game................plus, he should not have been playing defense so late in a scrimmage when he injury the ankle. Stupid.

The Alcoa offense does not "click" like it does when Cobb is a threat to run the ball in play action. That has kept defense's off balance in all the scrimmages. Last Friday ,with Cobb so limited, Spring Hill did not have to consider the option of him running the ball. What a BIG difference! Even his passes are affected by the ankle being on his plant foot when he throws.

Cobb's immobility will be a big hit to out come of this game for Alcoa.

Cobb should have not even dressed for the Spring Hill game................plus, he should not have been playing defense so late in a scrimmage when he injury the ankle. Stupid.

The Alcoa offense does not "click" like it does when Cobb is a threat to run the ball in play action. That has kept defense's off balance in all the scrimmages. Last Friday ,with Cobb so limited, Spring Hill did not have to consider the option of him running the ball. What a BIG difference! Even his passes are affected by the ankle being on his plant foot when he throws.

Cobb's immobility will be a big hit to out come of this game for Alcoa.

BCsportsfan,

Coach R is to smart to be playing Cobb any way if his ankle is messed up. I don't believe the Rebels will buy into that crap about Cobb being injured. He will play Friday night and he will play hard because he is not hurt. This whole story is part of how Alcoa will prepare for big games like Maryville now and in the future.

Don't believe it Rebel fans. Cobb is NOT HURT!!!!!!

Rebel 9