Maryville @ Alcoa

the1andonly13

Alcoa's defense is down? The defense I saw Friday night held a solid 3A team to 35 yeards of total offense in the first half, without their two best defensive players. I don't know why we even bother starting this thread every year. Maryville fans talk about how they'll kill us and how we always run our mouth, Alcoa fans run their mouth, (I guess, even though I'm not seeing it). Maryville will probably beat us, so I guess the best I can do is HOPE my butt off, that we win.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BCsportsfan,

Coach R is to smart to be playing Cobb any way if his ankle is messed up. I don't believe the Rebels will buy into that crap about Cobb being injured. He will play Friday night and he will play hard because he is not hurt. This whole story is part of how Alcoa will prepare for big games like Maryville now and in the future.

Don't believe it Rebel fans. Cobb is NOT HURT!!!!!!

Rebel 9

Yawn..................oh how I wish you where right.

Like I said I hope Cobb is 100%, I'm sure he wants to be. Like every player Alcoa has they want to beat Maryville. Maryville wants to beat Alcoa. Next to the post season this is the biggest game of the year for both teams. There maybe 10,000 people there.

Still I don't think Cobb will be that much of a difference maker, Maryville is too well coached to fall to Alcoa these days. Except for one factor. If Maryville gets sloppy and turns the ball over more than 5 times, it could be anyone??™s game. The forecast is for rain (Finally) all week and the field could get sloppy. I don't think that will happen.

Gates open 5:30; I'll be there with about 6000 of my Rebel friends.

Alcoa will still be tough but I can't imagine them being better than last year. Alcoa lost nearly their whole front 7. Alcoa lost several offensive linemen. Alcoa lost a lot of 4 year starters. I think the big difference in this game is Alcoa's offensive line will not be able to handle Maryville's defensive line. Maryville's defensive line whipped Alcoa last year and Alcoa had a senior dominated line. All those boys on the DLine are bigger,stronger and faster this year. Cobb scares me to death. He can throw and run. I just think he will be pressured all night long.

Alcoa will still be tough but I can't imagine them being better than last year. Alcoa lost nearly their whole front 7. Alcoa lost several offensive linemen. Alcoa lost a lot of 4 year starters. I think the big difference in this game is Alcoa's offensive line will not be able to handle Maryville's defensive line. Maryville's defensive line whipped Alcoa last year and Alcoa had a senior dominated line. All those boys on the DLine are bigger,stronger and faster this year. Cobb scares me to death. He can throw and run. I just think he will be pressured all night long.

Can't disagree with you. Your posts are always well thought out. Don't see it this year.

Of course you want the Rebels to win this one. And if MHS keeps winning where would the 50th in a row be fought?

They will have 60 in a row at the end of the season. BOOK IT!! They are the only team we play that makes us look bad. I hope it is different this year, but until I see it, I will not believe that the Rebels will ever lose again while I am alive.

Good thoughts as always. Cobb is a big key but everyone knows that. Gaylor will have him running all night if his injury holds up. I hope he is 100% so I can see what all the hype is all about. For Alcoa to stay in the game they will have to have some of those young kids step up and forget who they are playing. Just beat the man across from them, don't worry about the record or how good and well coached MHS is. That's what the kids at MHS do, jut forget the hype and rep and play as a team and beat the man across from them.

I think Maryville will just hang too many points on the board for Alcoa to stay with no matter how many points Cobb puts up.

I would like to see the ole' GQ classic on side kick like we saw in 05 up at Alcoa.

Maryville "The FL of TN HS Football"!