Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would find the playbook and burn it. But them 5 plays are automatically burned into their minds. I have a feeling things will have to change now. There is three they wont be using for a while. You guess why.

You know, you're the 5th Tiger fan that I've heard say that tonight. You have to look at it this way to. With the exception of a few teams, those 5 plays work pretty good. You guys need a new game plan for the "big three" on your schedule.

SC won 31-13 with 5 turnovers...and I still think Gordonsville has a better team than last year. I never thought I

would say that. Smith has improved tremendously. He threw the ball very well. He had a lot of pressure on him all night. Davis ran very hard...and he did that on every carry. He was just getting hit by 3 guys at the line every time.

Who is little #25? He is a good receiver...with good speed...and he got open quite a bit. Some of it was a soft zone...but he found open space. It's going to be an interesting year for both teams if they can stay healthy.

Nobody else is crying Shizzle.....Don't start.

Who is crying? I am not...SC was the better team before this game, and everyone knew that. I went to this game knowing Gordonsville would probably lose, but still had a hope that they could play well enough to win. It just didn't happen, but I didn't really see a whole lot of effort from them on the field, almost like they laid down because SC was manhandling them.

SC won 31-13 with 5 turnovers...and I still think Gordonsville has a better team than last year. I never thought I

would say that. Smith has improved tremendously. He threw the ball very well. He had a lot of pressure on him all night. Davis ran very hard...and he did that on every carry. He was just getting hit by 3 guys at the line every time.

Who is little #25? He is a good receiver...with good speed...and he got open quite a bit. Some of it was a soft zone...but he found open space. It's going to be an interesting year for both teams if they can stay healthy.

#25 is Jesse Gullett, he is a heck of a player.

I agree with you Antwan, and SC, I think, has a better team than last year.

You know, you're the 5th Tiger fan that I've heard say that tonight. You have to look at it this way to. With the exception of a few teams, those 5 plays work pretty good. You guys need a new game plan for the "big three" on your schedule.

You have to understand though, it has been that way since I was there in Gordonsville. The playbook has never been very extensive, and it's hard to keep a defense unbalanced when they know exactly what you are doing. I saw 1 really good play, number 25 for Gville caught a pass I believe, and turned an ran, and just plowed over and SC defender and kept on running, I beleive it was on the drive that stalled at the end of the first half....then I left at half time because my girlfriend was like, "this is boring" all I could do was agree with her...

#25 is our one and only jesse gullet...he may be little but he can sure play football...and i as well believe it will be interesting 4 both teams !!!

You have to understand though, it has been that way since I was there in Gordonsville. The playbook has never been very extensive, and it's hard to keep a defense unbalanced when they know exactly what you are doing. I saw 1 really good play, number 25 for Gville caught a pass I believe, and turned an ran, and just plowed over and SC defender and kept on running, I beleive it was on the drive that stalled at the end of the first half....then I left at half time because my girlfriend was like, "this is boring" all I could do was agree with her...

I think SC's speed on defense limited what GV's offense could do. Smith had absolutely no time to throw when SC stunted...and even when they didn't. That was evident with the 2 safeties. Smith had to roll out...and he did so with some success. SC also shutdown GV's running game. With that combination...what would you do?

I started to leave at half but gutted it out....I know now what the people on the Titantic(Big ship that sunk)must have went through... Tigers knew what was coming.....Rich, and a great D-FENCE.....I was close in predicting the final score....Just had the Teams wrong Tigers will get healthy,and with that improve and get that much needed depth back.

Gordonsville's ship should not sink. They have the players to compete and do very well in 1A and most of teams remaining on their schedule. They just can't do so with the Owls. When you know what's coming and can do nothing about it, that is being dominated. You can't blame anybody. The Tigers went to a gunfight with nunchucks.