MTCS v. Perry co.

vikingpride

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach,

Are you coaching at the same place again this year? Either way good luck!

Bronson's team tore 'em up Friday night. They have Kirby this week so they should win big.

RB, heard you got a new job. Congrats. I tried to call to your old job the other day and they told me you left. Bronson told me about the new job.

Coach:

Great to hear from you! Coach B told me you were @ Hickman; congrats & y'all should have a great year.

My daughters middle school decided to hold off until next year to start their football program so I'm coaching the little guys (5th grade) @ Oak Hill School this year. It's a great location only 2 blocks from my house. 28 kids, 24 in their first year of football. The boys basically know nothing so it's a lot like teaching kids to swim. We're SWing it of course & have our first game this Sat. morning. We play in a league vs. Ensworth, FRA, CPA, BA, David Lipscomb, Ezell Harding, BGA and several more.

I think Haywood will have a very good year. Bronson is a great addition to that staff.

The Viking players are overall very young this year, but they should improve a lot thru the season. Give it your best, play hard, make memories & have fun!

Didn't happen, but easily could have. Several people have fallen through. The new ones are very nice, though. We will enjoy them.

Yale, the restrooms on the home side aren't finished yet, but they are working on them. We have also got the concession stand up to date, with a water heater and have bought a small a/c unit, but haven't got it installed yet.

We (the booster club) are having a concert on Oct 13 to raise money to help pay for the new bleachers, it should be really good, you should come. We are having Stephen Cochran, who has a new video & single "Friday Night Fireside" (his lead guitarist is from PC) and Trailer Choir, who have been on tour with Toby Keith all summer (two of their band members, Vencent & Stephen Hickerson, are former PC football players) plus a couple of local bands, Profyle & The Lost Creek Boys. I think (hope) we will do really well & raise a lot of money.

Who is the guitarist from PC who plays with Friday Night Fireside? The Hickerson brothers are great. I knew they would do well with their music. I see them going further with it as well. Send me more info on the concert, I might try to come up. Email me at retsalt@yahoo.com

Good Luck Friday night Vikings!!!

I don't know a whole lot about MTCS. What kind of record have they had in the past?

This is M.T.C.S. first season to play in region 5. I think they played a limited varsity schedule last season. They showed some glimpses of pretty good play during the jamboree, but they are young and aren't expected to do much this season. The team is headed in the right direction, and will be tough in a year or two. They will have to develop very quickly to be a threat this season.

Who is the guitarist from PC who plays with Friday Night Fireside? The Hickerson brothers are great. I knew they would do well with their music. I see them going further with it as well. Send me more info on the concert, I might try to come up. Email me at retsalt@yahoo.com

Good Luck Friday night Vikings!!!

Derek Parnell plays lead guitar for Stephen Cochran. Think he might have played middle school ball for you? The story is, he got interested in the guitar at a middle school football lock-in, when Warren Bates brought his, and Derek taught himself to play. He's really good. I'll e-mail you the press release, it has all the info.

GO REGION 6!!...i played against MTCS last year and they were a tough team,but i've also scrimmaged them twice this year once in the spring and about 3 weeks ago...and they have fell off largely in my opinion since last year..they also look like they have alot of inexperience and i think Perry Co. will take advantage of it