Bearden vs. Dobyns Bennett

db123

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the season I was picking Bearden in this matchup. However, after seeing DB in person against WB and catching some of Bearden's game against West I believe that the Indians will now prevail in a close, hard fought game. Also, after the performance that I witnessed against a very good Gov team it appears that the predicted demise and ruin of this DB team by a few may have been a little premature.

No, this is not the DB power house of seasons past that would steam roll over the opposition but even a down Indian team is still better than 80% of the competition.

Bearden has a fine team for sure so it will be interesting to see if they can overcome the ghosts of seasons past and end a long losing streak, in a tough enviroment to a team that has been able to consistently find ways to beat them. DB knows they can beat Bearden. Do the Bulldogs have the same mindset and confidence?

Either way, it ought to be a good game with the winner claiming the Region 1 championship and the loser getting second place as a consolation prize.

Before the season I was picking Bearden in this matchup. However, after seeing DB in person against WB and catching some of Bearden's game against West I believe that the Indians will now prevail in a close, hard fought game. Also, after the performance that I witnessed against a very good Gov team it appears that the predicted demise and ruin of this DB team by a few may have been a little premature.

No, this is not the DB power house of seasons past that would steam roll over the opposition but even a down Indian team is still better than 80% of the competition.

Bearden has a fine team for sure so it will be interesting to see if they can overcome the ghosts of seasons past and end a long losing streak, in a tough enviroment to a team that has been able to consistently find ways to beat them. DB knows they can beat Bearden. Do the Bulldogs have the same mindset and confidence?

Either way, it ought to be a good game with the winner claiming the Region 1 championship and the loser getting second place as a consolation prize.

A win for either team will be a big step toward the championship. It will only be one big step.I have not seen SH or SC play,but I know you for sure can't ring those games up as a victory before you even play them. Halls gave us all we wanted in preseason,and SC must have gave Halls all they wanted the other day.There is no chance GC will over look "anybody" with the team we have this year. DB is just to small on defense and has to many question marks on offense to bring our past glory to each game and watch the other team hide behind their cheerleaders.They are going to come after DB just like allways, and we will work to get better every week.

A win for either team will be a big step toward the championship. It will only be one big step.I have not seen SH or SC play,but I know you for sure can't ring those games up as a victory before you even play them. Halls gave us all we wanted in preseason,and SC must have gave Halls all they wanted the other day.There is no chance GC will over look "anybody" with the team we have this year. DB is just to small on defense and has to many question marks on offense to bring our past glory to each game and watch the other team hide behind their cheerleaders.They are going to come after DB just like allways, and we will work to get better every week.

As a level headed DB fan I understand your unwillingness to count your chickens before they hatch but as an outsider making an unbiased prediction I am afforded that luxury. Plus it doesn't hurt that I can count on one hand the Region 1 lossess that the Tribe has suffered since I have been following Big East football. That's what Bearden has to overcome Friday night. A good team, playing at home with a history of dominating its region 1 foes.

As far as the rest of the region teams go (no disrespect intended), you can mark it down, the winner of this game will be the Region 1 champ.

As a level headed DB fan I understand your unwillingness to count your chickens before they hatch but as an outsider making an unbiased prediction I am afforded that luxury. Plus it doesn't hurt that I can count on one hand the Region 1 lossess that the Tribe has suffered since I have been following Big East football. That's what Bearden has to overcome Friday night. A good team, playing at home with a history of dominating its region 1 foes.

As far as the rest of the region teams go (no disrespect intended), you can mark it down, the winner of this game will be the Region 1 champ.

I hope that you are correct, but I was happy with the way we played last week. Nobody should be happy with a loss, and that's why I'm not counting any chickens. There is a lot of work and some hard games, starting this friday.I hope that we can put all the parts together.I'm proud of all the kids that work so hard,from the 10th,11th,and 12th graders who take a pounding through the week,to the guys that are lucky enough for the coaches to put them on the field. Roll Tribe

I understand from observation that Dobyns Bennett is down this year. However, no matter the skill level of Bearden, you have to play a smash mouth football game to beat this years Indians. What this years team may lack in skill players, size, and experience they make up for with heart and a drive to play hard until the last whistle blows. No, you can't win games on heart and effort alone, but I think you have to have seen these kids play before you can count them out as so many of you have without real knowledge of how good Bearden has played in their first two games. I feel Dobyns Bennett has gained alot from their first two games. Dobyns Bennett had almost three minutes left to attempt a tie or win against William Blount if it wasn't for a mental error and a mishandling of a punt by the return man. The score does not attest to the outcome. Dobyns Bennett will play a hard fought whole game this week, like last week. Will Bearden come to play four hard fought quarters at J.Fred? Tennessee High and West are most likely along the same talent level, but Carter and William Blount are no comparison. Who that has commented on this thread so far can really attest to the learning or bettering of Bearden's team in playing Carter and West? If you can, please enlighten me.

Dobyns Bennett has seemed to suprise most who consider them an underdog in a contest. For that reason, I say Dobyns Bennett suprises most in a close game.

Good post.

I guess its easier, much easier, to note the losses when DB has been considered the favorite going into a game. The 1st round defeats at home are glaring.

But when has DB ever been the underdog and won?

Haha, it'd be nice to see. I know from attending both games this season that the team energy following the returns was amazing not only for the players but for the fans. If William Blount wouldn't kick it deep after Dukarts return, I don't see why Bearden would try kicking it deep. If they do, however, I'd say they'll kick it to Hogg or Taylor. Either way, the kick return team is well put together.

Calling WB middle of the road is kinda insulting. They seem to be for real.

All I can say about the Indians is that playing in Kingsport on a Friday night, with the band blarin', and the pagentry which is DB football (including the Walk) can be very influencial and intimidating. A fun place to experience Friday Night Lights regardless the outcome.

I called them middle of the road because they usually start good be fade toward the end of the season costing them a playoff spot or a lower seed. Also as i said before WB has had better teams than OR in the past and have come into a game favored but up until last year they hadn't beaten OR. Plus WB was picked forth in Region 2-5A out of 8 teams, in my opinion thats middle of the road.

I called them middle of the road because they usually start good be fade toward the end of the season costing them a playoff spot or a lower seed. Also as i said before WB has had better teams than OR in the past and have come into a game favored but up until last year they hadn't beaten OR. Plus WB was picked forth in Region 2-5A out of 8 teams, in my opinion thats middle of the road.

The Region 2 championship will be desided by 4 teams. William Blount, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, and Farragut. At this time their all probably within 1 point of each other. Easly the best top 4 teams of any region in tennessee.