Stone Memorial @ Scott

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone lost against a VERY good Knox Catholic team last Friday night and I am afraid they are going to go head to head against a very good Scott County team. Jeffers will be a force for the Highlanders Friday night but Scott County has a lot more than him to contend with. Its going to be a close game but a blowout Im not looking for.

I will have to say that if Scott Co. is playing any of its Friday night starters in a JV game something is wrong, and not real smart. What if they get hurt in a JV game? Now I can see a kicker, or holder playing some JV, but not any other Friday night starter. Most teams play 2nd and 3rd teamers in JV games. It is a chance for them to get better and get some experience for Fridays.

This game will be much closer than most think.

From all indicators Stone is a very bad football team. Scott County has always played hard and finds a way to win given the chance. They will roll through this one with a couple of touchdowns to spare. Stone will end this season 1-9 or 2-8 at best. The only game left on their schedule they can possibly win is Bledsoe County that is just not a very good football team this year. And I very seriously doubt Stone can beat them. I think they are looking 1-9 dead in the face. Just be glad you played CCHS Stone fans.

I will have to say that if Scott Co. is playing any of its Friday night starters in a JV game something is wrong, and not real smart. What if they get hurt in a JV game? Now I can see a kicker, or holder playing some JV, but not any other Friday night starter. Most teams play 2nd and 3rd teamers in JV games. It is a chance for them to get better and get some experience for Fridays.

This game will be much closer than most think.

Leonard, it was a game last year when JV was all Stone played. Most of those kids were playing on Fridays but had never had any expierence under the Friday night Lights. Scott just sat out there four seniors and Jeffers was pulled after a few plays because of a worry about him getting injured.

JV is JV, things change over a year. Some kids quit, get hurt, find a girlfriend and quit working out. Stone will end up suprising some people this fall. This is Catholic's turn at the annual "Region 2-3A Murfreesboro Merry-Go-Round State Championship Happy Time" and Stone was but a speed bump in their way. It will be interesting to see how Stone bounces from the beating that they took from Cedar Bluff University. I think that they will show that they are a better team against the lower half of the region. Scott took a regularly weak Gibbs team behind the woodshed, and not to make excuses, but the Fighting Gibblettes were missing a starting linebacker and O/D lineman. I would not expect to beat all teams with the ease they beat Gibbs. That being said...Scott will win by at least 2 touchdowns. I wish good luck to both teams and safe traveling.

The picture will definitely become clearer about how good Stone and Scott Co. are after Friday night. It's hard to tell just how good or bad Stone is by the Catholic game because the Irish beat just about everybody 48 to 3. Yes they can beat Scott and the lower teams in the Region also by that same score. So like I said Friday night will clear up alot of mystery about Stone Memorial and how they fair in the Region. Good Luck to the Panthers!!!