Carter Honnets 2007

qbsdad

Well the 2007 version of the BIG GREEN has not gotten off to a very good start.Bearden was just plain ready to to play in week 0 while Carter seemed to be geared to start in week 1.So let's just skip to the South Doyle game STILL NOT READY!!!!!!! If my memory serves me correctly 6 Timeouts 5 spent to get enough players on the field and OHH YEAH 1 to pitch a fit after giving up a 4th and 12(call the TO before play).Should we not expect that there should be 11 players on the field every play I think this is called football 101.Linebackers need coaching look lost on almost every play.If we have X number of assitant coaches can we get 1 to count to 11 because it doesn't look like they are allowed to do much else.And as always Kicking game is a joke did 83 forget how to snap punts if he can snap extra points he can snap punts.This team has the talent to win 6 or 7 ballgames but if we don't get ready to play Monday thru Thursday it won't happen.We will continue to play the way we practice which right now is good enough to be 0-2.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hornets seem to have lost something this year. Is it the level of competition or has the talent level fallen off? I'm told that this years senior class didn't really win with the same consistency as the classes right before and after them during their middle school, freshmen and jv years. Sounds like the coaches have a real challenge on their hands to get the green ready for conference play. One specific question - why is 15 quarterbacking instead of 11? Not trying to stir anything up, just curious as I was under the impression that 11 was the clear incumbent. The last few years would seem to indicate that Coach Woods had the program moving in the right direction. What has happened that the staff is encountering the problems mentioned by qbsdad? And by the way, qbsdad, no offense intended by my previous question if 15 is yours - just curious.

Well the 2007 version of the BIG GREEN has not gotten off to a very good start.Bearden was just plain ready to to play in week 0 while Carter seemed to be geared to start in week 1.So let's just skip to the South Doyle game STILL NOT READY!!!!!!! If my memory serves me correctly 6 Timeouts 5 spent to get enough players on the field and OHH YEAH 1 to pitch a fit after giving up a 4th and 12(call the TO before play).Should we not expect that there should be 11 players on the field every play I think this is called football 101.Linebackers need coaching look lost on almost every play.If we have X number of assitant coaches can we get 1 to count to 11 because it doesn't look like they are allowed to do much else.And as always Kicking game is a joke did 83 forget how to snap punts if he can snap extra points he can snap punts.This team has the talent to win 6 or 7 ballgames but if we don't get ready to play Monday thru Thursday it won't happen.We will continue to play the way we practice which right now is good enough to be 0-2.

Maybe if the QB would be a leader instead of being on double-secret probation it would be a good start.

You ask----Where do we go? We go have a seat during the ballgame, shut our mouths, and quit showing everyone that we as parents have no class and character.

Coach Woods is a good coach and has good assistants. From what I have seen, this years team isn't as talented and they have had several key injuries. Losing #2 was huge, but was something that had to be done and as we know one man doesn't make a team. Several key injuries have also played a big part. Selfish players getting suspended have also not helped. Coach Woods has and will do a great job with this program. This might be a down year, but hasn't Carter had more down years than good and most of the good, Coach Woods has brought to the Carter faithful. It is also early in the season.

Coach Woods is a good coach and has good assistants. From what I have seen, this years team isn't as talented and they have had several key injuries. Losing #2 was huge, but was something that had to be done and as we know one man doesn't make a team. Several key injuries have also played a big part. Selfish players getting suspended have also not helped. Coach Woods has and will do a great job with this program. This might be a down year, but hasn't Carter had more down years than good and most of the good, Coach Woods has brought to the Carter faithful. It is also early in the season.

I would have to agree.

I would not jump off the Hornet bandwagon just yet. Everyone knew that Bearden was going to be a tough game. Most people, me included, felt that South-Doyle is a team that is on the verge of being pretty good. Remember, last year the score was 7-0 until the very end of the game, and South-Doyle returned more experienced players than Carter did. I have said in previous posts that SD can/will go .500 this year. I do think that this year's Carter team is not as talented as previous year's; that is not a put-down of the kids, but look at the roster at the positions that are being played. The QB has never played that position except in JV. With #20 out, the running back has not played varsity. The only receiver with playing experience is #11. The line has 3 returners, the center moving from another position. Defensively the team is even more green(no pun intended). 3 brand spanking new linebackers that are replacing 3 darn good ones. Only 1 player (#11) in the secondary with plenty of Friday night experience. Special Teams is an achilles heel of many high school programs, lack of time and knowledge. I think that a lack of experience there is hurting too. Last year the Hornets' kicking game was not bad at all. I still think that this team can win Region 1, and that is the 1st goal of any team. They play Claiborne this week, and if the team continues its improvement, I forsee the first victory of the year. The Bulldogs are missing all of their main players from their playoff run. I also see Carter being better athletic and coached than Gibbs, Union, Pigeon Forge, and Rutledge. The week 6 match-up with Seymour will be a dogfight, and we will wait till closer to then to pick the winner. Good luck to the Hornets and don't lose faith members of the Green Nation.

Carter will still more than likely win the region again this year. Look at who we've played. Bearden and South Doyle are two larger teams who are very good (especially the first). South Doyle was a game that should have been won, but speed and the run game up the middle beat us. Another issue that needs to be worked on is tackling. Our players go for the big hits instead of wrapping up and therefore give up big plays. It was much improved from the Bearden game, and from what the players have told me they are working on it in practice and expect to make a great showing for Claiborne. What Carter has to do is remain focus and try to ignore all the talk about how they aren't last year's team. Yea, we lost a great senior class, but this year the Hornets have by far played a harder schedule than either team of the last two years. Bearden is the toughest team the hornets have played in a long time. Carter only has approximately 1000 students and I think it is great that we go and try to compete with programs such as them. To compare this years team to last years is unfair. SD is a lot better then last year and we only won 14-0 last year. Once #20 returns from injury, which is rumored to be friday??, this team will be as close to full strength as it can be. I look forward to Friday and look forward to watching the team play. I think it will be a fun and hopefully injury free game. Go Hornets!

Yeah Quit Crying Thats what we should all do is sit down and be quite that would make it all better.Sometimes hearing the truth helps.07 as for the issue 0f 2 being dismissed we don't send speeders to the DEATH PENALTY see Jake Ryan West-Dennis Freeny Fulton and the the list goes on the kid should have been suspended but not dismissed I think in the last 6years we have dismissed 1 player maybe after his 2nd or 3rd arrest.And tell me about the QB being on probation.

Yeah Quit Crying Thats what we should all do is sit down and be quite that would make it all better.Sometimes hearing the truth helps.07 as for the issue 0f 2 being dismissed we don't send speeders to the DEATH PENALTY see Jake Ryan West-Dennis Freeny Fulton and the the list goes on the kid should have been suspended but not dismissed I think in the last 6years we have dismissed 1 player maybe after his 2nd or 3rd arrest.And tell me about the QB being on probation.

Carter will still more than likely win the region again this year. Look at who we've played. Bearden and South Doyle are two larger teams who are very good (especially the first).Carter only has approximately 1000 students and I think it is great that we go and try to compete with programs such as them.

I don't mean for this to sound rude, but this is a copout, when school size enters into the equation. Carter has played up for their region games the past 3 years, and won them all until this season. Carterians were saying "look at us, we beat bigger schools"...and they deserve to be proud of that fact. However, when teams lose to the bigger schools, the old "well, they are bigger than us so they should beat us" card is played way too often. I agree that Bearden was a good team, but Fulton last year was probably a much better team. I also agree that it is unfair to compare teams from one season to the other, however, it happens and it is not entirely untrue. I have said that this team has the ability to win the region, and I stick to what I have said. Just don't say that the past two losses were because of the number of students that walk the halls.