A lenoir city winning streek?

lcpanther67

It doesn't matter what level. If they don't have guys that can do the things that were mentioned then they can't compete at any high school level. For example: Loudon has at least three guys as fast or faster than Lenoir City's fastest. Both backs and Gasper have as much or more speed than Edwards. I would also venture to say that Ben Everett is stronger than any of LC's players. They probably have others. It's really a pretty simple equation. Speed and strength equal success in football. I know you are all going to say there are discipline problems as well, and I am not going to comment on that because, I know the situation Coach White is in better than most of you. Just trust me when I say it's a tough place to coach.

Coach, let us know why LC is a tough place to coach. Let us in on the secret.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It is not a hotbed of athleticism or purebred talent. (Most of the schools in their region have alot more talent to start with)

2. The community support outside of the parents is not where it should be. They don't support you unless you are a winner. That being said, it's probably not too different from most places in that regard. It's one of those situations. What should come first support before success or success before support?

3. The community has high expectations, while the administration has low or non-existent expectations unfortunately the administrators are the ones you have to please. I'm pretty sure Coach White does what they ask him to do.

4. Coaches are only trusted to run their programs until some parent complains the most and he or she happens to know so and so and the next thing you know you are looking for a job. (Extremely political)

5. Coaches aren't allowed to motivate kids because motivation at Lenoir City is viewed as pressure, and coaches shouldn't pressure kids to want more. In other words if the 15 year old that can't understand the value of hard work doesn't want to work, the coaches shouldn't push him.

6. Someone on here said that head coaches should stand by their convictions. I stood by my convictions and I was shown the door. I motivated my kids and pushed them everyday. And because of that I was labled as "insubordinate and hard headed". I was told on many occasions that I was working the kids too hard and that I was going to burn out. What a joke. If you don't work that hard you can't compete. That is the only reason our basketball team kept most games close. Believe me it had nothing to do with coaching. Those kids worked.

7. There is a guy in charge over there that really couldn't care less about athletics.

8. The facilities are extremely dated.

9. There is no athletic period.

10. The feeder programs do not prepare the kids for this level of competition.

And I'll end with what I started with. There are not alot of athletes in the school. Even if every basketball player was out and every soccer player was out they still don't have the athletes to compete. My fastest basketball player could run 4.9 and had a 33 inch vertical. He could bench press 195. That is not what you would call a difference maker.

When you add all this together. The best coach in America couldn't make a difference.

I'm sure if you talked to the administration they will tell you what you want to hear. They would probably also say that I'm some disgruntled former employee spouting off because I am mad. But on the contrary, I'm thankful that I am in a better situation. But you don't have to take my word for it. Just ask most of the parents whos child I had the pleasure of coaching. They will tell you what it's like. Like I said I'm in no way shape or form upset. Everything I have mentioned I have observed with my own two eyes.

I hope this helps all of you to understand.

So my question to you coach is should a kid who has potential go to LC for B-Ball or any other sport?

1. It is not a hotbed of athleticism or purebred talent. (Most of the schools in their region have alot more talent to start with)

2. The community support outside of the parents is not where it should be. They don't support you unless you are a winner. That being said, it's probably not too different from most places in that regard. It's one of those situations. What should come first support before success or success before support?

3. The community has high expectations, while the administration has low or non-existent expectations unfortunately the administrators are the ones you have to please. I'm pretty sure Coach White does what they ask him to do.

4. Coaches are only trusted to run their programs until some parent complains the most and he or she happens to know so and so and the next thing you know you are looking for a job. (Extremely political)

5. Coaches aren't allowed to motivate kids because motivation at Lenoir City is viewed as pressure, and coaches shouldn't pressure kids to want more. In other words if the 15 year old that can't understand the value of hard work doesn't want to work, the coaches shouldn't push him.

6. Someone on here said that head coaches should stand by their convictions. I stood by my convictions and I was shown the door. I motivated my kids and pushed them everyday. And because of that I was labled as "insubordinate and hard headed". I was told on many occasions that I was working the kids too hard and that I was going to burn out. What a joke. If you don't work that hard you can't compete. That is the only reason our basketball team kept most games close. Believe me it had nothing to do with coaching. Those kids worked.

7. There is a guy in charge over there that really couldn't care less about athletics.

And I'll end with what I started with. There are not alot of athletes in the school. Even if every basketball player was out and every soccer player was out they still don't have the athletes to compete. My fastest basketball player could run 4.9 and had a 33 inch vertical. He could bench press 195. That is not what you would call a difference maker.

When you add all this together. The best coach in America couldn't make a difference.

I'm sure if you talked to the administration they will tell you what you want to hear. They would probably also say that I'm some disgruntled former employee spouting off because I am mad. But on the contrary, I'm thankful that I am in a better situation. But you don't have to take my word for it. Just ask most of the parents whos child I had the pleasure of coaching. They will tell you what it's like. Like I said I'm in no way shape or form upset. Everything I have mentioned I have observed with my own two eyes.

It does help. Thanks for being honest. Question. When you say the administration, do you mean school or school system? Thanks

I would like to clarify that the basketball feeders on the middle school level did an outstanding job working with me. I did not intend for that statement to include them. The administration in the central office does not support athletics or care anything about them. I think the administration in the school does, but in a way their hands are tied because they must follow the shepherd if you know what I mean.

With all that said I wish the players and the coaches the very best and hope they all are successful, in spite of the environment in which they work. Parents if you want to help Lenoir City athletics don't attack the coaches support them. Also, let the administration know that you want your kids to have the opportunity to be pushed and motivated. I think that would make all the difference in the world. If you don't out work the opponents your definately not going to out talent them. That's just my two cents worth. That and 25 cents won't buy you a cup of coffee.

I would like to clarify that the basketball feeders on the middle school level did an outstanding job working with me. I did not intend for that statement to include them. The administration in the central office does not support athletics or care anything about them. I think the administration in the school does, but in a way their hands are tied because they must follow the shepherd if you know what I mean.

With all that said I wish the players and the coaches the very best and hope they all are successful, in spite of the environment in which they work. Parents if you want to help Lenoir City athletics don't attack the coaches support them. Also, let the administration know that you want your kids to have the opportunity to be pushed and motivated. I think that would make all the difference in the world. If you don't out work the opponents your definately not going to out talent them. That's just my two cents worth. That and 25 cents won't buy you a cup of coffee.

My question is if your child has potential in b-ball or any other sport should they go to LC or Loudon or Where?

this thread is a joke. it needs to be erased. this site should be used to talk football in a positive way instead of using the computer to blast players, coaches and administration. i hope coacht will clean this stuff up.

The purpose of a message board is to talk football (or any other sport) in the way we wish. The LC fans may blast, support, review, or critique THEIR program any way they desire. You may visit any other thread you if you do not like this one.