Ooltewah vs Billy Blunt

bipbopzot

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gang, it's me! Sorry I haven't been around ... just been reading the posts and thinking about this huge game...

Maybe I'm too gullible and believe too much in the goodness and honesty of my fellow man, but I just have to believe that if Ooltewah is full strength (Marshall and company) then none of them were guilty of anything last weekend across the state line. It seems to me like not even all of the Ooltewah folks are convinced that there is not something being swept under the rug. We'll see Friday night. As I've previously stated, it would be my desire for Ooltewah to be at 100%. Either way, I would still pick WB to win, but we want to beat them at their best !

I got a laugh reading someone's description of this being a young, "fast" Ooltewah team versus an older, experienced "slower" WB team. Garner, Cope, Helton, Burstrom, Clevenger, Cochran, Mangess, Warth, Irwin, Lail, Walker, Garland ... I know I'm leaving out some but ... WB's overall team speed is just incredible.

Marshall--if he plays--will be a huge challenge for our d. With the exception of Sterling (and perhaps the kid at OR) ... he'll be the best back we'll face this season. Also hearing that the Owls young qb is quite a talent. We NEED TJ to be ready ... I hope he is. Whether he's ready or not, the rest of our d-line Schrimser, Kenny, Gordley, Crisp , & crew will be vital. We need to get a pass rush going on! As tough as our lb's and secondary are, we can't give their qb too much time to throw.

Our "all-American" punter ... okay, not sure if there are any high school all-American teams out yet, but if there is, Kasey Whitehead deserves to be on it ... is such an incredible weapon. Having said that, I hope he doesn't get to punt one all night. Sorry Kasey.

Hope we have "fixed" our kick-off coverage. Don't need to give up any more td's on kick-off returns!!!

I like WB to win this early season battle for regional positioning. I don't expect it to be as close as some people believe. Of course, I've been wrong plenty of times. Just ask my wife.

Good luck Owls. We've been waiting on this one for a year.

Saw the mighty OWLS against a young McMinn County team. The Cherokees gave the Owls all they wanted. The OWLS might be the most over-rated team in East Tennessee. The GOVS win this one by 10pts. The OWLS lose to Farragut and Oak Ridge and finsh 4th in the region. Not as impressive of team for school with 2600+ kids. GO GOVS---------Sounds like the Blount County Sheriff's Department needs to be out in force.

get your facts straight. There are 1912 kids at OHS. There are about 1900 good kids. That's a pretty high percentage. The OHS fotball program will always be strong, regardless of the outcome of this game. Even if we lose the rest of our games which we won't. For the last time PLEASE quit judging an entire community, school, and team!

You also got to remember the fans last year that came on the field and started taunting the Govs, so this isnt the first time and prolly wont be the last

All we can do is support our respective teams and hope that whatever theoutcome, each will respect the other and their abilities. Good luck, but I'll be cheering for the owls!

Ooltewah is better than everyone thinks. Ooltewah has many weapons, not just Brian Marshall. I'm sure the game will be a barn burner but I seriously doubt WB will win by more than a touchdown "if they do win". Ooltewah did have 400 yards last week against the Cherokees and held them to 180 total yards. Turnovers killed the Owls that night and if Ooltewah minimizes on turnovers then I think they can win. Good luck to both teams and hopefully it will be a safe night...

You also got to remember the fans last year that came on the field and started taunting the Govs, so this isnt the first time and prolly wont be the last

Ahh Yes, I still remember those middle fingers being raised high, the taunting, the cursing, and trying to get our players to fight. Much class was shown that night... I want to beat these guys bad!!

Ahh Yes, I still remember those middle fingers being raised high, the taunting, the cursing, and trying to get our players to fight. Much class was shown that night... I want to beat these guys bad!!

Oh please... I'm sure WB fans were just happy and cheerful after losing in the last seconds. I'm sure they just waved to everyone as they walked away. Once I get my hands on that tape, I will post it on here and show the coachT world what happened that night... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Man, you William Blount guys are pretty much jerks. Just to let you know, because it's true.

I know this board is about nothing but trash-talking, but with the Exception of GovMan, you guys really take it further than any other group of fans I've seen. I've heard nothing but degrading remarks about Ooltewah from you guys since even before last year's game, and you don't even take us seriously when you pick your team by 21 pts.

I thought I really really hated everyone from Soddy Daisy, but seriously, you guys really take the cake at being total pricks. Congratulations.

P.S. On the above post, how can you defend that those penalties didn't happen, when your team has been horrible the last two years about penalties, and averages committing over 60 yards a game?

Oh please... I'm sure WB fans were just happy and cheerful after losing in the last seconds. I'm sure they just waved to everyone as they walked away. Once I get my hands on that tape, I will post it on here and show the coachT world what happened that night... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Honestly, I just remember standing there in shock (along with everyone else). I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

If you do post it make sure you show the class of your team and fans at the end. I am sure it will help people understand how your players could go and do what they did in Georgia last week.

Do what IMAOWL, We all know what is on the tape and it the owls having to go 80 yards and getting 65 of it in penaltys. I wish everyone could see the tape

But you guys did lose to Farragut last year in the 2nd round while we beat them by 4 td's in the 3rd! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />