Ooltewah vs Billy Blunt

bipbopzot

if I was coach, the players who went onto Ridgeland's playing field and taunted and tried to pick fights, would not be playing this week. A good football coach's job isn't just to make football players, it's to make MEN.

That's what my coaches did. We answered to Coach for everything we did on the field, but more importantly, we answered to Coach for everything we did OFF the field as well. And I respect that man greatly for that to this day, as do a lot of other people.

20, or 30, or 40 years from now, it won't matter how many games you won, it will only matter what kind of man you are.......................................

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, you really do make a fine line distinction. The kids who were there taunting are just fine , nothing needs to be done. You don't think that they were a contributing factor to all of this? I don't believe that for a second. All of them were there to start trouble, period. The ones that actually hit those kids should be prosecuted for assault and battery and hopefully their parents will have a civil suit against their parents and/or the Ootlewah school system. They"ALL" should be made to apologize!! They "ALL" should be punished!! I am not saying throw them off the team, but someone needs to care enough about these kids to show them right from wrong and I believe they should be sitting out at least one game and probably two. They need to sit their arrssess down in front of their school on the bench and think about what they did. This sets an example for the whole school and tells everyone else that Ootlewah will not tolerate this behavior. This shows that you care more about these boys then you do winning a football game.

In response to the question of whether I hate Ootlewah. I had no bad opinion of Ootlewah until now. I just knew that they had a pretty good football team, that's it.

Punishment should happen to these kids and will happen, but thats the coaching staff's and parent's decision. But anyways, I'm off to class...

Boy oh boy....

Looks like I picked a bad night not to be online. I had almost given up on the "pot getting stirred" but it seems to be stirred quite well this morning. I should probably withdraw my statements from an earlier post regarding Darren and Brian, the cheerleaders and the food, but I still believe my coon dog better than any of those around Chattanooga..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> We should get to see one heck of a ballgame.... Two great running backs head to head..A match-up of two teams that will have playoff implications and determine what kind of travel plans we'll have to make later in the year. That being said I would like to echo Gov Man's statement about humble in victory...gracious in deafeat...Gov fans and Owl fans need to remember that this game is about young men giving the best for their respective schools. We as adults need to conduct ourselfs accordinly. I'm sure both sides will have some who won't but let us not be dragged down to their level. I wish for safety for all the players and all those making the long trip up I 75..

GO GOVS

if I was coach, the players who went onto Ridgeland's playing field and taunted and tried to pick fights, would not be playing this week. A good football coach's job isn't just to make football players, it's to make MEN.

That's what my coaches did. We answered to Coach for everything we did on the field, but more importantly, we answered to Coach for everything we did OFF the field as well. And I respect that man greatly for that to this day, as do a lot of other people.

20, or 30, or 40 years from now, it won't matter how many games you won, it will only matter what kind of man you are.......................................

I couldn't have said it better...

Well said!! Some of the folks here on this board think the only thing important in life is football. While I know others from Ootlewah see things correctly. Whether you like it or not, the kids that play for your team and go to your school that do stuff like this, they do represent your community. They are part of your community. And let me tell you, if it were my kid, forget what the coach would do. Why do we wait to see what the coach will do. It's the parents job to raise the kids. My kid would be over at those kids house apologizing and be grounded for a very long time and trust me, he wouldn't be playing football on Friday night. He'd be on the bench thinking about his mistake. We as a football community should expect better behavior than this.

I would have alot of security at the game this week. It's too bad it has to come to that. But, judging from some of the parents on here, who think those kids did nothing wrong, you see where it comes from.

I personally will not think well of Ootlewah because of how this was handled. That's just how it is. You had a chance to show what you are about as a team, school, etc. and football took priority over character. This is how the "Michael Vick's" of the world get created.

And "Red4Life", don't bother coming here and telling us to talk only "football". This topic keeps popping up and it isn't just me. If you handle the problem, it goes away. If you don't, it festers...

Why don't you just shut up and get a life. I am so sick and tired of you getting on here and degrading our whole community. We as a community stick by our school, coaches, and administration. And whatever they decide we will support. The ones that were directly involved have been punished and that is all you need to know. Whether they go and apologize that is left up to their parents. We have nothing to do with that. And yes if it was my kid who was in the FIGHT then yes they would be off the team and would be in trouble for a long time but it is not and I have nothing to do with the others. We have to stand by the kids that are on the field and help to keep their heads high. They did not do anything to deserve this ridicule, they are just here to play football. And it is people like you who keep bringing up. Just because a couple of the kids did something wrong (which they have been taken care of) does not mean we have to turn our backs on the whole team. And we are not going to. WE AS A COMMUNITY DID NOT DO ANYTHING. There are plenty of young men that show great respect and they the ones who represent the Ooltewah Owls.

As for stating that police need to be in full force is not fair to say. Because the ones who caused all the trouble will not be there tonight. They have been kicked off the team and taken care of. We have much respect for the WB team and at least I can say for our section of fans we will wish the best of luck to both teams and may the best team win.

GOOD LUCK OWLS

Can you give me a hint as to her name. your daughter

After a little thought I figured out that she actually graduated in 05. (Started her senior year in 04) She was a majorette and on the dance team... and duh...t"poole"12 should be a hint... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

My-oh-my, you sure have been stiring the pot since yesterday...Seems like your on every thread on the board and have been pushing alot people's buttons....Keep up the good work..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Why don't you just shut up and get a life. I am so sick and tired of you getting on here and degrading our whole community. We as a community stick by our school, coaches, and administration. And whatever they decide we will support. The ones that were directly involved have been punished and that is all you need to know. Whether they go and apologize that is left up to their parents. We have nothing to do with that. And yes if it was my kid who was in the FIGHT then yes they would be off the team and would be in trouble for a long time but it is not and I have nothing to do with the others. We have to stand by the kids that are on the field and help to keep their heads high. They did not do anything to deserve this ridicule, they are just here to play football. And it is people like you who keep bringing up. Just because a couple of the kids did something wrong (which they have been taken care of) does not mean we have to turn our backs on the whole team. And we are not going to. WE AS A COMMUNITY DID NOT DO ANYTHING. There are plenty of young men that show great respect and they the ones who represent the Ooltewah Owls.

As for stating that police need to be in full force is not fair to say. Because the ones who caused all the trouble will not be there tonight. They have been kicked off the team and taken care of. We have much respect for the WB team and at least I can say for our section of fans we will wish the best of luck to both teams and may the best team win.

GOOD LUCK OWLS

You don't get it and you never will. You are part of the problem. You make your community look bad. Stop talking to me. I am done with you... And I want you to know, I have not insulted you as you have done me. In a previous post you referred to me as an idiot, etc. You show no respect. You set a bad example. I am entitled to my opinion and many others agree with me.

WELL I WILL BE EVERY ASHAMED OF BOTH SCHOOLS AND THEIR FANS IF ANYTHING GETS OUT OF HAND. WB FANS LETS JUST WALK AWAY AND HOPE THE KIDS TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS ON THE FIELD.

Its funny how many people dont like Ooltewah all over the state, it even seems that 1/2 of Chattanooga is pulling for us also.

WB 26

OHS 24

everybody hates a winner /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />