Prayers Needed

GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't about a football game, but the members of this board have been so good to come to for prayer requests when a community is hurting and in grief.

This past weekend, two of our own have lost their lives by their own hands. A young man of 30, Corey Tate, and one of our own sophomores, a very proud Greenbrier Bobcat, Evan Hughes, at only age 15. Evan was by all accounts a well liked young man with many friends and he loved all sports.

I hope Coacht won't mind if I ask you all to remember these families, and the hurting friends of these young people in prayer. This school is still reeling from the losses this year of Sherry Freeland, a well-loved Math teacher, as well as a 2007 Senior, Jordan Starks, as a result of a car accident. I, for one, believe in the power of prayer, and hope that you do too.

Thanks to all.

May God bless and I will be praying

I know this isn't about a football game, but the members of this board have been so good to come to for prayer requests when a community is hurting and in grief.

This past weekend, two of our own have lost their lives by their own hands. A young man of 30, Corey Tate, and one of our own sophomores, a very proud Greenbrier Bobcat, Evan Hughes, at only age 15. Evan was by all accounts a well liked young man with many friends and he loved all sports.

I hope Coacht won't mind if I ask you all to remember these families, and the hurting friends of these young people in prayer. This school is still reeling from the losses this year of Sherry Freeland, a well-loved Math teacher, as well as a 2007 Senior, Jordan Starks, as a result of a car accident. I, for one, believe in the power of prayer, and hope that you do too.

Thanks to all.

GreenbrierCat2,

I am so glad to see you using this forum to reach out and ask for prayer for these families. My heart goes out to these families, your children and all in your community at these tragic losses. My prayer is that our Father will send the great Coforter to each and everyone of you. That your children will reach out to Him as they look for answers and pull together to comfort one another. I pray that each of you can take comfort in knowing that so many will be praying for you. May each of you in the BobCat community remember that "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart." Psalm 34:18. War Eagle Fan and your neighbors from Sycamore.

May God grant strength to the bereaved families and friends of these young people. We will never know short of Heaven why some things happen on this earth. God gave man a free will, and man does not always use it wisely.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these other things will be added unto you." I hope that those who need help will find it on our Holy Father. I pray in Jesus' name, Amen.

Thanks to all.

Thoughts and Prayers from White House.

GreenbrierCat2,

I am so glad to see you using this forum to reach out and ask for prayer for these families. My heart goes out to these families, your children and all in your community at these tragic losses. My prayer is that our Father will send the great Coforter to each and everyone of you. That your children will reach out to Him as they look for answers and pull together to comfort one another. I pray that each of you can take comfort in knowing that so many will be praying for you. May each of you in the BobCat community remember that "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart." Psalm 34:18. War Eagle Fan and your neighbors from Sycamore.

Thank you for the kind words, and for the many here that freely let it be known that Tennessee is still God's Country, and thanks to Coacht to let it be shown. Cory's funeral was today, and Evan's is on Thursday. I am sure these messages will be passed along to the family and it will be great comfort to know that people around the state have opened their hearts in prayer. God Bless You all.