Hollywood coming to Maryville?

theDL

As crazy as it sounds, there is a movie being considered about the Rebels football.

Maryville High School's football has had repeated success on the football field. There are rumors of a small studio out of Hollywood possibly making a movie about the Rebels story. There is apparently a script written and several actors are now being considered for the project and the role of Coach Quarrles including! I tried to get him to release the actors names but no formal invitations have been sent out for roles. My source in LA says that nothing will be certain until the budget is approved (that number has not yet been released). More info should be released in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Can you all believe it? If people hate MHS now, wow. I wonder is the staff knows anything about this?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As crazy as it sounds, there is a movie being considered about the Rebels football.

Maryville High School's football has had repeated success on the football field. There are rumors of a small studio out of Hollywood possibly making a movie about the Rebels story. There is apparently a script written and several actors are now being considered for the project and the role of Coach Quarrles including! I tried to get him to release the actors names but no formal invitations have been sent out for roles. My source in LA says that nothing will be certain until the budget is approved (that number has not yet been released). More info should be released in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Can you all believe it? If people hate MHS now, wow. I wonder is the staff knows anything about this?

Do you all think a movie like this could be successful? It suprises me that out of all the schools in the country, Maryville is chosen? I'm just not sure what kind of spin they can put on the story to thicken the plot. Love your thoughts.

theDL

There is a story behind Maryville? What, we walk on the field and win? Seems like maybe a documentary might be considered since they have lost what......2 games in the past 6 years?

Take this for what it is worth, and nothing against Maryville or whatever, but people don't like a story about a team that was always big and bad. They would love a story about a team that no one thought anything of, got it together, won the state.......it's just more dramatic.

Now if there is some story about this team, do tell and do share, because I might reconsider those comments.

Plus..........I don't know if I would want that kind of publicity. Look at what it did to Hoover last year. "You guys are better than last years team ya know"

And....they lost twice. Year before was...undefeated? I dunno. If it is true, great for them I guess.

Just wait till you men see the autobiography on my life which be made into a feature film, COACH STEVE FICKERT, THE CONTINENTAL COACH AND GOD'S GIFT TO WILLIAM BLOUNT. My son Michael will star as himself and I hope to get either Coach B. Garner or Coach Whitehead from William Blount to star as me, the young Coach Fickert.

Coach,

It's good to hear from you! How was Saskatchewan? Or wherever it was you left us for?

Do you all think a movie like this could be successful? It suprises me that out of all the schools in the country, Maryville is chosen? I'm just not sure what kind of spin they can put on the story to thicken the plot. Love your thoughts.

theDL

why would they make one about maryville who has won 98 out of 100 when they could make one about Independence

out of NC who has won 110+ without a loss? there is nothing about the maryville story that would make it interesting enough to make a movie about this is ridiculous to even talk about.

Just wait till you men see the autobiography on my life which be made into a feature film, COACH STEVE FICKERT, THE CONTINENTAL COACH AND GOD'S GIFT TO WILLIAM BLOUNT. My son Michael will star as himself and I hope to get either Coach B. Garner or Coach Whitehead from William Blount to star as me, the young Coach Fickert.

That is hilarious!

Apparently it's loosely based on the MHS football team, not a documentary. Apparently there are schools who have better recoreds but many factors are taken into consideration for a movie. It's hard to speculate at this point when we don't even know the actor's or the script. My source did actually mention that two people who have been invited to audition for the part is Joaquin Pheonix and Eric Stoltz for the part of head Coach Quarles. I personally don't see Pheonix as a football coach, but he's a great actor so it's cool that he's being considered.