Hollywood coming to Maryville?

theDL

SURLY THAT REBEL FLAG THING WANT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A MOVIE HERE.............

THEY WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE COUNTY FOR THAT KIND OF STUFF......

OH WAIT, WE FOUGHT THAT BATTLE. KIDS STILL GET TO USE THE FLAG, JUST WITHOUT THE POLE.

GO REBELS

haha, I hear ya.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would they make one about maryville who has won 98 out of 100 when they could make one about Independence

out of NC who has won 110+ without a loss? there is nothing about the maryville story that would make it interesting enough to make a movie about this is ridiculous to even talk about.

Because it's all about the community and their support. Charlotte,NC is basketball country, not football country. BTW, Independence's streak just ended two weeks ago when they were beaten by Cincinnati Elder 41-34. The current streak is now held by Batesville,MS South Panola. I believe they have won around 65 in a row. They did a show on Hoover in Alabama and they didn't have a consecutive winning streak going. The reason they chose Hoover was because of the fantastic community support for football. Maryville has that type of support. So does most of Tennessee for that matter. I think it would be great publicity.

Oh, it's definitely true! I can prove it, because I've already seen it!

There are actually two competing versions of the script, and you can run down to Blockbuster for more information on either one. Just go to the drama section and look for Varsity Blues or Friday Night Lights. There's also a spinoff called Remember the Titans.

It's all been done fellas.

I actually checked with a good friend of mine who is in the acting business. He tells me that for anyone to have been cast there would have already been some sort of notification to the SAG (screen actors guild). It's apparently either illegal or at least in very bad taste to do casting before notifying that group. So, while you can write a script with certain folks in mind, to say that someone has already been cast without a notification being sent out is quite likely untrue. He also told me that Hollywood folks are ALWAYS looking for a new story to tell or an interesting story to tell in a new way. 99.9% of those stories that get read go straight to the wastebasket. And 99.9% of the ones that make the initial cut and get pitched to a production company also get scrapped. So, in the event that someone from Hollywood was actually reading some story on Maryville (or anything else) the massive weight of the evidence suggests that it would go no further than that.

Hey fatback wish in one hand crap in the other see which fills up quicker!!!Matback seriously chill.

hey brainiac if your going to hammer me at least put up the right post so i'll know what i'm defending. DL sorry to have joked on your thread, its just that i thought it already was one. coachfickert your stuff on here was great, i'll get off here now so as not to upset sparta boy anymore.

So, in the event that someone from Hollywood was actually reading some story on Maryville (or anything else) the massive weight of the evidence suggests that it would go no further than that.

AHHHH But the massive weight of evidence in the Fickert script...now there is a Law & Order waiting to happen.

Get Fred Thompson on the phone!