Hollywood coming to Maryville?

theDL

Just wait till you men see the autobiography on my life which be made into a feature film, COACH STEVE FICKERT, THE CONTINENTAL COACH AND GOD'S GIFT TO WILLIAM BLOUNT. My son Michael will star as himself and I hope to get either Coach B. Garner or Coach Whitehead from William Blount to star as me, the young Coach Fickert.

That is the funniest thing that I have heard in weeks...How was the boy after running into the home stands at Clinton head first that ONE year in the playoffs? I know he ran for 5,000 yards his senior year, but what is up with that .3 yards per carry?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in and out of the country. Could I interest you in some good used equipment or maybe a vintage 1998 Gov chin strap?

Howdy, Coach

The real reason you've resurfaced is because that big 'ol rear projection tv that left with you is now so obsolete you're needing an upgrade?

The Tennessee Film commission has been contacted. Before any movie can shoot in TN, they must go through the commission and are seeking out approval right now. However, Alabama and Florida are also potential shooting grounds for the movie.

I hope it comes to TN and specifically MHS. That would just be interesting.

Well, is there is a movie, there are some key parts we need to cast!

Who will be playing the role of Rebelron? FBE? Starsnbars? I don't know who plays a more important roles other than GQ in the Maryville story! The webmaster, wisdom, and the recruiter/garbageman.

Will it be shot on site? If so, I gladly would volunteer my house to be the scene of when Starsnbars is going around picking up garbage.

Who'll play Rankin is the almost obligatory rivalry game?

Well, is there is a movie, there are some key parts we need to cast!

Who will be playing the role of Rebelron? FBE? Starsnbars? I don't know who plays a more important roles other than GQ in the Maryville story! The webmaster, wisdom, and the recruiter/garbageman.

Will it be shot on site? If so, I gladly would volunteer my house to be the scene of when Starsnbars is going around picking up garbage.

Who'll play Rankin is the almost obligatory rivalry game?

The only thing known now as far as actor's are concerned are that Jaoquin Pheonix and Eric Stoltz are being contacted for the role of Coach Quarles. Hopefully more info soon.

Not really. I am conducting Wing T clinics for area grasshopper teams. Truth be known, I not Tuibby Raymond, perfected the Wing T.

so if YOU perfected the wing t then would i be correct in saying that 98% of the time there really isn't a read on the option out of that set, you just go ahead and give it to mike uh uh the fullback then right? because what you were really trying to do is have mike uh the offense control the ball right? dang coach good plan! i wish i had enough football savy to invent an offense where my kid uh offense would be highlighted!

so if YOU perfected the wing t then would i be correct in saying that 98% of the time there really isn't a read on the option out of that set, you just go ahead and give it to mike uh uh the fullback then right? because what you were really trying to do is have mike uh the offense control the ball right?

Yes and uh yes. You are uh correct.

If they are gonna do a story on Maryville, they should just do the 2000 season... Maryville opened up 0-4 then won out and won the state championship... Hows that for a story.

Personally though I believe last years team was the best Maryville team I have ever seen. Now before any Maryvillians jump on me im saying thats just my opinion. But they had talent and depth at every position. 2 QBs (with with a cannon (Burnette) and the other that could do about anything you wanted him to it seemed...Hunt) 2 very good backs (one was a "tank" and the other could catch). 3 great wrs (one going to UT and others on their way somewhere, and the biggest tight end i have seen at the high school level. There defense was great as usual as well. But the 3 that stood out were caylor, wood, and hall. They would nock your head off.

Now if i was making a movie about Maryville, it would either be on the 0-4 team that won state, or what I believe is the best team Maryville has ever had.. the 2006 team

This coming not from a Maryville fan but from someone who enjoys watching a good football team.