Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

It's good to see other people on here that are still sticking up for the program and the coaches. I thought I was the only one.

Don't give too much credit to me because I am disappointed that they haven't put a trophy in the case when you look at the list of players and some really great teams in the last 10 years. I think people expect to at least get to the qtrs/semis regularly and there is no excuse not to I feel. BUT these are kids 15-18 year old kids and it's tough to put this area against the larger metro areas and expect to win championships every year (Murfreesboro has four 5A schools I think) and every school is playing for the same goal

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the game...I have no prediction. DB has no offensive punch in the games I have seen (although they have shown signs of life in spurts) and I can't figure JC out, beating both Morristown teams and yet getting beat by Campbell County (head scratch). I can't really figure out what to make of this season.

It was 11 against 15. Plain and simple.

I'm sure we'll feel the same way come Friday /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm sure we'll feel the same way come Friday /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

There's a reason we put the refs up in a nice air conditioned building with nice couches and feed them steaks before games /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Although to be fair, DB has had its fair share of home cooking, 2002 playoffs come to mind

There's a reason we put the refs up in a nice air conditioned building with nice couches and feed them steaks before games /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

STEAK! Maybe that's been our problem in the playoffs the last few years! We serve 'em nachos out in the cold bleachers....maybe they have payback on there minds for the heartburn and frostbite /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Although to be fair, DB has had its fair share of home cooking, 2002 playoffs come to mind

Yeah, At DB we have our own set of ref's. We pay them so much a game to make calls in our favor. We take the ref's that the TSSAA sends up here and tie them up with duck tape and stick them in a closet until the game is over. We havn't been caught yet.

How do you'all do it down there?

Yeah, At DB we have our own set of ref's. We pay them so much a game to make calls in our favor. We take the ref's that the TSSAA sends up here and tie them up with duck tape and stick them in a closet until the game is over. We havn't been caught yet.

We did have that one get loose in the last couple of games, and blow a play dead while we were going down the field for a first down.,

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Well said.

QUOTE(JC4Life)Although to be fair, DB has had its fair share of home cooking, 2002 playoffs come to mind

Classic game, 3rd round, it was spitting snow, the field was a solid sheet of semi frozen mud, freezing cold. DB 26 JC 15. Any DB people remember that one?

Jefferson County was in it late, and a tough call kept the DB drive alive to go up by 11.

The field was almost like walking on a water bed, one of the craziest things I seen. We buried a cow bell on the side of the field with a note that read, "HERE LIES COWBELL."

To be fair huh? Give me more than one example...I can give you plenty as to that statement being bogus

I like the way you posted that and then went back and added the home cooking comment. Nice try /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Saying that a player missread an option play(that should not have been called in the first place) is indeed trying to shift the blame.How can a player have respect for a coach to does that? but He is from KGSP. and we must look over it.DBDAD give it up.GC is not going to your kid if he is an underclassman.Just sit back and enjoy the ride like everybody else had to.I am surprised that #47 is playing so much.His Dad must know one of the coaches or something not that he is not good,but B.B.that went to North because of playing behind him is better IMO.Don't blame the players GC.One play isn't the whole ballgame.

#47 led the team in tackles in the OR game albeit sometimes 7 & 8 yards off the line of scrimage. Because of that stat, regardless of where the tackle was or the ones he missed watching from his seat, he will keep starting. There is a long list of players along with BB that can play that position. Guys that are stronger, faster and will stick, not arm tackle. It will never change because GC never changes, PERIOD. CS's best chance to see some action will be on defense. The Fresh run a different O and the Varsity O is too hard to learn in this season. There is no play book for him to study. But the good news is they practice the walk and he will get that down, even the hotdogging cr@p by a select few. Hey GC, what ever happen to tradition????? Heck, the guys playing dont know the play half of the time. IF he gets any O time, it will be because he brought the play in vs a 25 second hand signal. Oh what a novel idea to run the play in. Perhaps break the huddle with an unbalanced side that would cause the defense to make an adjustment. With the play getting in so late, does anybody know if they ever audible or if the QB is allowed to?

To be fair huh? Give me more than one example...I can give you plenty as to that statement being bogus

I like the way you posted that and then went back and added the home cooking comment. Nice try /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You kidding right? You want a list of bad calls from a game in 2002? That specific play sticks out because it happened at such a crucial point in the game and because I was a few yds away from it when it happened.

The Fresh run a different O and the Varsity O is too hard to learn in this season. There is no play book for him to study. But the good news is they practice the walk and he will get that down, even the hotdogging cr@p by a select few. Hey GC, what ever happen to tradition????? Heck, the guys playing dont know the play half of the time.

Wow your freshman run a different type of offense? Some of the middle schools in JC change their system to fit the HS system, so I`m especially surprised to hear that not even the freshman run the same system.

Different strokes I guess