Gordonsville @ Trousdale County

croz6110

Old Pirate wonders MO, what is it with Gville and TC. OP can relate to Gville. SP had several years of domination by jasper, but not nearly as long as TC"s over Gville. OP says part of it is sneeky Clint but it has to be more.

It gets to a point where there is a mental block against certain teams. Just that little hump that you gotta overcome. I mean for Gville, the kids grew up rarely or never winning against SC and TC. When they finally join the team as freshman, they watch from the sideline as they yet again Lose to SC and TC. By the time they become seniors there is just that little bit of doubt in the back of their minds. Heck, I could see it a little bit in the Gville fans before they played SC. The words are "This might be the year that we can finally beat Smith County", but you just know that they aren't sure and if Gville does lose it is no big deal because they have lost for the last few years in a row. Just a mental block, all teams have them in some area or another.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate wonders MO, what is it with Gville and TC. OP can relate to Gville. SP had several years of domination by jasper, but not nearly as long as TC"s over Gville. OP says part of it is sneeky Clint but it has to be more.

[/quote

I think, opinion, that Clint knows what a coach will do and what he will not do. Most coaches study another teams play. Clint studies a coach's play. That's where the edge is. He gambles and deletes what a team does not do. Makes it easier to cover well. For example if a team does not have a hot pass over the center, he sends his defenders to the sidelines or rushes the linebackers every play. Basic football is sometimes overlooked. Clint capitalizes on it. Which has made him and his dad a legend. If you watch TC play they simply play basic football. Nothing special. A trick play here and there. Only when you fail to be basic.

So in my opinion he is not sneaky. At a higher level the game is different. He may be a total flop. At this level he knows what kids are and are not capable of. Plays accordingly. Remember Spurrier moving up? He understood college level, but not Pro. So play HS football at the basic level. Thats the training for the next level. Thats what Clint knows. Thats what Clint coaches. He dont try to teach college level ball like most HS teams attempt to mirror.

Then these are my opinions. Im sure you have your own.

I say GV shouldn't get too cocky or they may be sittin at home. Watertown hasn't had any luck against ya'll in years, but that doesn't mean Monterey and FCS won't. Any given Friday!

Do wee need to pull posts from LAST YEARS THREAD'S! Exact same situation, Watertown beats TC, loses to FC. TC is said to be "down", then beats Gordonsville. Watertown then gets manhandled by Gordonsville and loses to Monterey to end the season, and become spectators from there on out. No cockiness, but this situation seems all too familiar.

You are correct Croz. Along with some CHANGES that need to be made. Talent is not an issue.

Also as long as HS football keeps the cut block legal on the line in effect, you will see many more injuries. The new trend is if you cant block them cut them. Just dive straight for the knees. A good kick to the ribs should also be legal to counter it. It would discourage it for sure.

TC's line has done that for years...they did it when I played, they probably did it when Croz played.

A good counter to that is a knee to the head, or a cleat to the back(call it dirty or whatever you want), they will have that thought in the back of their mind the next time they dive. I don't think the cut block should be legal, it's not "true" blocking...

TC's line has done that for years...they did it when I played, they probably did it when Croz played.

A good counter to that is a knee to the head, or a cleat to the back(call it dirty or whatever you want), they will have that thought in the back of their mind the next time they dive. I don't think the cut block should be legal, it's not "true" blocking...

I take it you guys never beat them either. ha- ha- /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ha

this post should have violin music playing in the background, it's not cutting if you keep your feet. it's called low man wins.

I take it you guys never beat them either. ha- ha- /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ha

TC was in the 3A the years I was there...never played them in a real game.

this post should have violin music playing in the background, it's not cutting if you keep your feet. it's called low man wins.

they didn't keep their feet though.