Single A top 10

BigDawgHasBeen

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like someone might want to begin liking SP.

SP-25

Tyner Academy- 21

I already mentioned it on the South Pitt thread that I was pleasantly suprised. I figured the pirates to be a little over-rated last year and the same thing this year. Beating a good Tyner team definetly raised my eyebrows a little bit. Just gotta repeat what i said over in the south pitt tyner thread, you now have to worry about this being the apex of their season.

Another team that got my attention tonight was Watertown. Played the defending 2A champs from Ky who are 5A now with a ton of size and talent and won 10-7. These next 5 weeks in region 4 are going to be very interesting.

Thats Kentucky, this is Tennessee. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

(sorry i just have a really hard time being nice to watertown)

I already mentioned it on the South Pitt thread that I was pleasantly suprised. I figured the pirates to be a little over-rated last year and the same thing this year. Beating a good Tyner team definetly raised my eyebrows a little bit. Just gotta repeat what i said over in the south pitt tyner thread, you now have to worry about this being the apex of their season.

Thats Kentucky, this is Tennessee. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

(sorry i just have a really hard time being nice to watertown)

Yeah I agree, but in watching these guys play, I don't think it will. They won't so badly last year and let one game get them down (Temple game). This yeah, I am sure they learned from that and will give it their all the rest of the season.......and post season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Another team that got my attention tonight was Watertown. Played the defending 2A champs from Ky who are 5A now with a ton of size and talent and won 10-7. These next 5 weeks in region 4 are going to be very interesting.

Completely off subject, but I just wanted to say Congrats to the purple tigers as well. We (the parents and fans) are very proud of ya'lls win last night. Way to get right back on the horse after being thrown off in a heart breaking loss to Friendship. Keep your heads up and never give up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It seems to me so far, the JCS AND TCA folks have been very nice and sportsmanlike with their visits to Gibson Co. this year....at the game and on coacht...HOWEVER I can't agree that Fayette Acadamy will be making noise in the playoffs...THEY BARELY BEAT A POOR HALLS TEAM!!!!! I don't think Halls has won a game thus far this year...Fayette barely squeaked by them!

I guess JCS isn't much better than Halls either , since they had a hard time with Fayette winning 28-21.

I can tell that you HAVE NOT seen JCS play this year...JCS cruised to a 21-0 victory over potential 1A state champions in TCA and also played a close game to 2A power Martin Westview...After seeing Fayette Acad. lose to Bruceton last night and after seeing Bruceton get smashed against another potential 1A state champion in McKenzie...I just can't see Fayette Acad. making a run at a state champ....Who knows though??? Last year Fayette was expected to make a deep run into the playoffs but took a heartbreaken loss in the first round to Lake Co...that's why they play the games I guess!

Contenders

1. South Pittsburg

2. McKenzie

3. Mt. Pleasant

4. Union City------everybody is underestimating this team.

5. Cascade

6. Gordonsville

7. Jo Byrns

8. TCA --------lost their quarterback for the season

9. FCS

10. Hampton ---will go to the semis b/c of bracket.

7 of your 8 quarterfinalists and all four semifinalists are on this list barring injuries.