Single A top 10

BigDawgHasBeen

I guess JCS isn't much better than Halls either , since they had a hard time with Fayette winning 28-21.

I can tell that you HAVE NOT seen JCS play this year...JCS cruised to a 21-0 victory over potential 1A state champions in TCA and also played a close game to 2A power Martin Westview...After seeing Fayette Acad. lose to Bruceton last night and after seeing Bruceton get smashed against another potential 1A state champion in McKenzie...I just can't see Fayette Acad. making a run at a state champ....Who knows though??? Last year Fayette was expected to make a deep run into the playoffs but took a heartbreaken loss in the first round to Lake Co...that's why they play the games I guess!

I would tend to agree with GCPioneer, Fayette Academy lost to a Bruceton team that has already shown it is not at the level of other teams in it's area... The West braket's golden ticket looks like it is going to come down to McKenzie and TCA.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contenders

1. South Pittsburg

2. McKenzie

3. Mt. Pleasant

4. Union City------everybody is underestimating this team.

5. Cascade

6. Gordonsville

7. Jo Byrns

8. TCA --------lost their quarterback for the season

9. FCS

10. Hampton ---will go to the semis b/c of bracket.

7 of your 8 quarterfinalists and all four semifinalists are on this list barring injuries.

Check your info on TCA quarterback Tomlin. I believe he'll be back soon.

TCA can play the football that can take them deep into the post season.

I would tend to agree with GCPioneer, Fayette Academy lost to a Bruceton team that has already shown it is not at the level of other teams in it's area... The West braket's golden ticket looks like it is going to come down to McKenzie and TCA.

You are correct. I have not seen JCS play this year but I do know they are very , very good. I was making a point earlier, when it was mentioned that Fayette wasn't very good because they slipped by Halls. Do you not think its possible things just weren't clicking that night and everything that could have went wrong went wrong? This team did play JCS to a score of 28-21. I am very much a Hollow Rock Bruceton fan, not saying there deserving of a top 10 but don't count them out just yet. I know people are looking at the Mckenzie and Huntingdon losses and the truth is Mckenzie did win that night very easily. Has anyone ever thought this could have been a game where everything that could have went wrong went wrong ? I am not saying the Tigers could win in a rematch but I would be very , very surprised if the game wasn't much closer if played again. The Huntingdon game is one where the Tigers could have and in my eyes should have won, not many times when the team with more total yards and more first downs loses. I give Huntingdon credit though, they got it done that night and that is history. I have not given up hope just yet on this Tiger team, although in the west Mckenzie and Trinity have to be the front runners to get to the B'oro. Don't write the boys in blue off yet though, there is alot of football left to be played......GO Tigers!!!!!!!!

If i had to make a top ten based on performances so far this season with nothing at all based on last season... (ok i will do the best i can to base as little as possible on last season)

1. McKenzie (they are one of only two teams in 1A to have played another team that was ranked in the AP poll, and not only did they play bruceton, they used them like practice dummies)

2. Hampton (undefeated and beat a perinial playoff team... in 4A)

3. Gordonsville (only loss came to a probably region champion in 2A)

4. Mt. Pleasant (got destroyed, but by a 3A playoff team)

The next ones are all in here because they are undefeated, although none of them have really faced a test

5. South Pitt

6. Jo Byrns

7. Forrest

8. Cascade

9. Collinwood

and then

10. FCS (Lost to a team that will make the playoffs in 2A and plays in the same region as Goodpasture and CPA) (ok and i am a little biased)

Now, if i was making a top ten just on thoughts as well as how well a team has done this season

1. McKenzie (like i said only team to play another ranked team and just drilled them... i mean killed them)

2. Jo Byrns (I think a wee bit over-rated, but it is still A safe bet considering that with their region schedule they will end the season undefeated again)

3. Gordonsville (lost in shocking fashion to a Smith County team that they were arguably expected to beat, or at least stay close to. Also their win against Cheatam County doesn't look nearly as good now that Cheatam County is 0 - 4 and has been drilled by everyone after a close loss to Gordonsville)

4. Hampton (undefeated, a favorite to make the semi's the third year in a row, and won their rivalry game against Johnson County)

5. Mt. Pleasant (their one "test" game they got doubled up in, the next two weeks will decided if they can make it a four-pete with the region title though)

6. TCA (lost a heartbreaker to a horrible USJ team, this week against JCS should tell alot)

7. FCS (only loss is to DCA, who will be third best in a region that includes Goodpasture and CPA, if this team can ever get healthy i will let you know how good they are)

The next few are not ranked, with reasons why they aren't

Fayette Academy (lost the opener, has a game against Bruceton this week that will shed some light on them)

Collinwood (undefeated but i'm waiting to see how their date with Mt. Pleasant in two weeks goes)

Forrest (have played absolutely nothing... this week they play Jo Byrns, and the week after Cascade)

Cascade (Played zero... nadda... none...) (oh and before someone says it yes i know you beat up on mt. pleasant and TCA in a scrimmage, those are scrimmages not games. Alot of coaches don't care about scrimmages and don't really game plan to do well or win so for my top ten, i don't care how scrimmages go)

South Pitt (HUGE... let me repeat HUGE... game against Tyner this week. If South Pitt can stay within two touchdowns then i will actually like them for the first time in a while)

Trousdale (i don't expect for them to show me anything, i just expect for them to be hanging around come playoff time and beat at least somebody they aren't expected to beat)

Bruceton (drilled by McKenzie, nough said)

It is fairly obvious to say that one of these teams is going to win the gold ball. I could trim it down a little more if this was a "who is going to win state" thread, but i really don't want to deal with people yelling at me because i don't think their team has a real shot at it.

I can't argue with you about Cascade's schedule. Our schedule is definitely the tale of two halves. Our first half of the season opponents are a combined 6-18 so far this season. Four of our remaining opponents are a combined 17-3 thus far. (including current number one ranked Jo Byrns) The second half of the season will definitely tell us whether Cascade is worthy of that top five ranking that I feel they will be at by seasons end.

I can't argue with you about Cascade's schedule. Our schedule is definitely the tale of two halves. Our first half of the season opponents are a combined 6-18 so far this season. Four of our remaining opponents are a combined 17-3 thus far. (including current number one ranked Jo Byrns) The second half of the season will definitely tell us whether Cascade is worthy of that top five ranking that I feel they will be at by seasons end.

Actually, the playoffs will determine which teams are top five. But i do understand what you are trying to say. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I posted a list of the 6 or so teams I liked for the 1A title eearlier int his thread, but failed to include the winner of the Cascade/JoBryns game...

Shame on you JaxMan. I'd definitely put the winner of that game as a possible contender for the title. We'll see how it all plays out. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You are correct. I have not seen JCS play this year but I do know they are very , very good. I was making a point earlier, when it was mentioned that Fayette wasn't very good because they slipped by Halls. Do you not think its possible things just weren't clicking that night and everything that could have went wrong went wrong? This team did play JCS to a score of 28-21. I am very much a Hollow Rock Bruceton fan, not saying there deserving of a top 10 but don't count them out just yet. I know people are looking at the Mckenzie and Huntingdon losses and the truth is Mckenzie did win that night very easily. Has anyone ever thought this could have been a game where everything that could have went wrong went wrong ? I am not saying the Tigers could win in a rematch but I would be very , very surprised if the game wasn't much closer if played again. The Huntingdon game is one where the Tigers could have and in my eyes should have won, not many times when the team with more total yards and more first downs loses. I give Huntingdon credit though, they got it done that night and that is history. I have not given up hope just yet on this Tiger team, although in the west Mckenzie and Trinity have to be the front runners to get to the B'oro. Don't write the boys in blue off yet though, there is alot of football left to be played......GO Tigers!!!!!!!!

Any team that has Chad Jordan in the backfield has the chance to beat most anyone.

Contenders

8. TCA --------lost their quarterback for the season

7 of your 8 quarterfinalists and all four semifinalists are on this list barring injuries.

Not out for the season. Tomlin injured his left elbow and hand but he is a righty so his throwing arm is still good. Two years ago he broke a finger (think it was his thumb) on his left hand but played the whole season. I expect him to miss a couple of games and share duty with Washington for most of the rest of the season but he should be more than ready come playoffs.

agreed...I just missed it...age has it's side affects

It's still too early for me too be making predictions. I am biased but consider myself a pretty good judge of talent. As far as South Pittsburg goes they look the best they have looked in several years. Everyone knows about their speed and offense but after watching the Tyner game their defense too me is what stands out. Tyner is a very good team

that plays one of the roughest schedules in the state for their class. They played Fulton down to the wire and could have very easily won the game. Everyone Knows how tough Fulton is. I haven't seen any of the above mentioned teams play but if their are any better than the SP team they have a heck of a football team.

y