Single A top 10

BigDawgHasBeen

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKenzie is the team to beat in the West Braket for sure. It's the east that got completly dropped on it's head today. The two pre-season favorites to make the burro from the east braket both lost region games tonight. So who is now the favorite from the east? An undefeated Hampton team who is running over east tennessee foes, or South Pitt who after a big win against Tyner go back to drubbing their par-level region? I still think it is a team from Region 4-1A, but none of them need to be in the top 10 right now.

McKenzie is the team to beat in the West Braket for sure. It's the east that got completly dropped on it's head today. The two pre-season favorites to make the burro from the east braket both lost region games tonight. So who is now the favorite from the east? An undefeated Hampton team who is running over east tennessee foes, or South Pitt who after a big win against Tyner go back to drubbing their par-level region? I still think it is a team from Region 4-1A, but none of them need to be in the top 10 right now.

To me McKenzie looks like a top 5 team along with MP, JB, and Cascade. However I think that any of the top 10 could win on any given Friday night against any of the other. Sorry I don't know about east but it was a suprise to see FCS go down to a team that Trousdale beat badly.

when it's all said and done, I believe it will be Hampton vs. either FCS or Gordonsville in the 4th round. The cream always rises to the top and that will be the case at seasons end in region 4. that is if hampton comes to play in round 3. hampton has had a problem of not showing up to games in which they are expected to blow out their opponent. they fumbled 7 times this week and lost 4 of them but they still won 35-14. that probably wont cut it in the playoffs though...

when it's all said and done, I believe it will be Hampton vs. either FCS or Gordonsville in the 4th round. The cream always rises to the top and that will be the case at seasons end in region 4. that is if hampton comes to play in round 3. hampton has had a problem of not showing up to games in which they are expected to blow out their opponent. they fumbled 7 times this week and lost 4 of them but they still won 35-14. that probably wont cut it in the playoffs though...

Who do you see in the other semi?

Who do you see in the other semi?

i honestly don't know much about the west. mckenzie seems to have beaten some pretty good teams so they might be there. but i definately don't think jo byrns will be there. i know a guy who has to work in that area and he says that jo byrns is overrated as they come and that they have played nobody. and i have heard many people on here say that as well. everyone knows about Mt. Daily but they never seem to make any noise come playoff time and I don't think they will this year...

i honestly don't know much about the west. mckenzie seems to have beaten some pretty good teams so they might be there. but i definately don't think jo byrns will be there. i know a guy who has to work in that area and he says that jo byrns is overrated as they come and that they have played nobody. and i have heard many people on here say that as well. everyone knows about Mt. Daily but they never seem to make any noise come playoff time and I don't think they will this year...

McKenzie also played a very good game vs Trenton Peabody (another AA team) who has probably the most mobile QB in the West. I don't know about the rest of the state.

from mckenzierebels.com:

"It was a showcase game for two marquee players in West Tennessee and they provided the entertainment. Peabody standout Kendal Harper proved to be a menace on the ground, carrying 19 times for 97 yards, but he was 7-7 passing for 133 yards. His aerial proficiency wasn't something Comer had planned on. Yeah, Harper hit his receivers, but in all but one of those connections, McKenzie had the play well defended. "

"Similarly, Rebel all-state quarterback Derek Carr had good numbers himself. He was 16-32 for 218 yards, a touchdown and an interception"

So, we will see down the stretch. But anything can happen in weeks 11-15.

Don't make any noise? They were in the semis last year, as in 1 of 4 teams left! How is that not making noise!

Outside of Friendship & Hampton, nobody else can say that, and MP has the same players w/ more exp. and some transfers and freshman are contributing. They were in quaterfinals two years in a row before that.

The forecasts of MPs demise are greatly exaggerated. They have a strong passing game, good recievers, a good TE, a solid defense, and two weeks to heal up before catching a #4 seed in the first round.

No doubt it hurt losing the Alsup kid and getting him back will only make FC stronger.

However, I have to say the backup QB for FC looked pretty darn good Friday night. And, from what I heard this is the same kid that helped lead FC to a state championship in baseball as a freshman. They've got a player in their little sophmore QB!!!

You still stickin' to that after Fri Nite? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> .....no leadership on the field....OH and 32 don't even have to shake hands after the game.....only one on the team that don't.......VERY CLASSY......recon ole coach MAC will let that slide too?

DTRUTH hear's it wuz ugly /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />