Single A top 10

BigDawgHasBeen

I honestly don't think you want my opinion of your top ten there, Young...Cascade at 7 after you saw them dominate your number 3 and 6 picks? Interesting.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Cascade played Mt. Pleasant and TCA? When did this happen?

Oh yeah... at a scrimmage... nevermind /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah... at a scrimmage... nevermind /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Say what you want to about a scrimmage, FCS......(and you've said plenty more than once) A game is won and loss in the trenches and if you can't watch a scrimmage and see who is getting man-handled on the line then maybe I've been giving you too much credit for your football knowledge.

I would not worry about it Mike. Anyone who has not seen Cascade play this year is going to always refer to past seasons to make their assumptions. Reguardless of what anyone thinks we know what cascade has and is capable of achieving this year. If #3 ends up getting on the field it will be Cascade going to the Boro to win the gold ball. I would say with all that has happened in football this year at all levels anyone can win on any given night. I will put my money on Cascade to win the region this year.

Say what you want to about a scrimmage, FCS......(and you've said plenty more than once) A game is won and loss in the trenches and if you can't watch a scrimmage and see who is getting man-handled on the line then maybe I've been giving you too much credit for your football knowledge.

Yes you can, but as i have said before. There is less people watching scrimmages, there is less pressure, the refs are more linient, it isn't a real game, some coaches don't even have "starters" or "non-starters" designated at scrimmages. I'm not trying to take away from cascade, i just don't like scrimmage wins put in the same catagory as game wins is all.

I would not worry about it Mike. Anyone who has not seen Cascade play this year is going to always refer to past seasons to make their assumptions. Reguardless of what anyone thinks we know what cascade has and is capable of achieving this year. If #3 ends up getting on the field it will be Cascade going to the Boro to win the gold ball. I would say with all that has happened in football this year at all levels anyone can win on any given night. I will put my money on Cascade to win the region this year.

For the record to both of you, i have nothing against cascade. Other than they hurt my playoff braket a wee bit last year i kinda like them out of region 5, and i am glad to know that thus far you have been able to avoid the "eagleville slump" as i will call it of having a good season and then it all going downhill. While i am not all high and mighty on your region because of another team in it, I have nothing against Cascade and wish them only the best both this week against Forrest, and in the remainder of their season.

This will be the toughest bracket to get through for any team hoping to get to the Boro in my opinion. I think Cascade, JB, and MP are the cream of the crop this year in region 5 and 6. The only problem is, I think MP would have to beat both teams in the playoffs to advance. After MP wins the first round as the Number one seed in six, wouldn't they then match up against the winner of (region 5 two seed and region 6 three seed). Whether it is us or JB, that would mean they have to play the other one in the third round. That's tough.

I only put you there because you have to play JB and hopefully MP before you go farther. I could revamp after the JB and Cascade game. I really think you guys will win that match up but for now I'm going to hold out where I am. I know you could give any of the top 10 a run for the money it's just that every one of the teams can't make the final 4. I hope it will be FCS Hampton, MP McKenzie.

This will be the toughest bracket to get through for any team hoping to get to the Boro in my opinion. I think Cascade, JB, and MP are the cream of the crop this year in region 5 and 6. The only problem is, I think MP would have to beat both teams in the playoffs to advance. After MP wins the first round as the Number one seed in six, wouldn't they then match up against the winner of (region 5 two seed and region 6 three seed). Whether it is us or JB, that would mean they have to play the other one in the third round. That's tough.

I agree, I think we will get a good gauge of how good Collinwood stacks up against Mt Plesant after Friday night. I never want to leave out Wayne County especially after what took place last year to us, but if we were to face them again we would certainly not overlook them and we would come out victorious in my opinion. I would also venture to say that all of the first round playoffs will be good games and the first three weeks of the playoffs should be great as well. Cant wait till playoff time. Good luck to all teams in both regions the rest of the season.

the DEVILS ARE COMING !!

What about region 2, surely Midway or Oneida deserve to be in the 7,8,9,10 range don't they? I realize The Indians don't have a very good record BUT look at their early schedule: BRUTAL

I don't know much about the far east except Hampton and most of that is due to Pujo and a little research in the paper and on the TSSAA web site. I think Oneida could be one of the top in the east but I don't believe they will beat Hampton and then FCS, G'ville, S Pitt. IMO they may be around the #11 or 12 spot.

1). FCS

2). McKenzie - win - win - win that's all they do

3). Mt. Pleasant - faces a test this week with C'wood

4). Hampton - always seems to have a quality team

5). Jo Byrns - what can you say, they graduate their entire D and still 5-0.

6). TCA - if their passing game is on they can beat anybody

7). Cascade - good all around, solid at most positions

8). South Pitt - don't know much about them, put them here because of what I've heard

9). Gordonsville - good enough to play with any of the above

10). Union City - the sleeper of the group

Opinions? The top 5 could probably be in almost any position but until FCS looses they remain #1 since JCS moved up.

what has your beloved Mt. Pleasant done to bolster a number 3 ranking in your eyes?