Single A top 10

BigDawgHasBeen

I'm glad to hear Tomlin will be back atleast by the playoffs...you know once he comes back and is able to play and after being off all these weeks not being to play he is going to be VERY eager to get back on that field and throw some more 70 yard bombs and hopefully do it at a state championship caliber level! Good Luck to TCA!

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity was founded in 1986 with 50 students from Christian families who were searching for a non-denominational Christian education in Jackson. I am not sure when Trinity first fielded a football team but I do know that the first few years they had boys dress out just so it would look like a full team. Then there was a 3 year period where they didn't have a team at all. Their history includes a lot of stompings by most of the teams that they faced including one 75-0 thrashing by USJ that was particularly painful. Over the last 6 years, under the direction of coach Mike Hodum, the program has begun to thrive and has included a few playoff runs, making it to the quarterfinals in 2003. Last year was the team's best yet finishing with a 10-2 season and a first round defeat by Lake County. The team is made up of kids most of whom have been at Trinity since kindergarten. The current seniors are a large class of boys who have been playing together since 6th grade and went undefeated their 8th grade year. There are several bright stars in the underclasses but this group of seniors is an unique opportunity that only comes around once in a blue moon.

So MPHSTIGERS87, while you want to elude to something sinister, this is just a story of a group of parents, students, and coaches who have worked hard to build a program and have had a measure of success in doing so. It is going to take a lot more of that same hard work to continue this program and have a chance at future success.

It's still too early for me too be making predictions. I am biased but consider myself a pretty good judge of talent. As far as South Pittsburg goes they look the best they have looked in several years. Everyone knows about their speed and offense but after watching the Tyner game their defense too me is what stands out. Tyner is a very good team

that plays one of the roughest schedules in the state for their class. They played Fulton down to the wire and could have very easily won the game. Everyone Knows how tough Fulton is. I haven't seen any of the above mentioned teams play but if their are any better than the SP team they have a heck of a football team.

y

Old Pirates think alike. SP stepped up against Tyner and if they will focus each week and can keep the injury bug away, they will be very tough to handle, G/ville will be tough and is the other team OP sees as a lead dog

These young lads from Trinity Christian seem like they have a pretty good team this season. Where did Trinity Christian come from? They have just kind of emerged as a legitimate team haven't they?

TCA like all startup programs had there years of struggle, about 4 years ago they moved to a new level...as with most small schools they had a class of seniors that carried them, their current class of seniors were much the same...they dominated middle school and then as they moved to High school they pushed the program upward...they were strong last year but got upset in the playoffs...this year of 28 players they have 17 seniors...will be interesting to see how they look next year after losing so many atheletes

TCA like all startup programs had there years of struggle, about 4 years ago they moved to a new level...as with most small schools they had a class of seniors that carried them, their current class of seniors were much the same...they dominated middle school and then as they moved to High school they pushed the program upward...they were strong last year but got upset in the playoffs...this year of 28 players they have 17 seniors...will be interesting to see how they look next year after losing so many atheletes

I have a feeling Trinity might have some tough years coming up. Let's hope they accomplish a lot this season.

My favorite in 1A? McKenzie. My next pick? Mount Pleasant. Take that to the bank. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1). FCS

2). McKenzie - win - win - win that's all they do

3). Mt. Pleasant - faces a test this week with C'wood

4). Hampton - always seems to have a quality team

5). Jo Byrns - what can you say, they graduate their entire D and still 5-0.

6). TCA - if their passing game is on they can beat anybody

7). Cascade - good all around, solid at most positions

8). South Pitt - don't know much about them, put them here because of what I've heard

9). Gordonsville - good enough to play with any of the above

10). Union City - the sleeper of the group

Opinions? The top 5 could probably be in almost any position but until FCS looses they remain #1 since JCS moved up.

1). FCS

8). South Pitt - don't know much about them, put them here because of what I've heard

Opinions? The top 5 could probably be in almost any position but until FCS looses they remain #1 since JCS moved up.

FCS has lost. They lost to a 2A DCA team at DCA.

1). FCS

I honestly don't think you want my opinion of your top ten there, Young...Cascade at 7 after you saw them dominate your number 3 and 6 picks? Interesting.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />