Carter @ Seymour

MineyHaole

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies to the Carter defense, they were plenty physical enough and obviously well coached and prepared for a one dimensional Seymour offense. Looks like the offense is playing to its strengths now. The Hornets are still the class of this region but the kicking game and a general lack of discipline (i.e., personal fouls/foolish penalties) may well cost them in the playoffs, if not before. Seymour will need to regroup and make sure they hold onto 2nd place and even that may not be enough to keep them alive come playoff time unless they develop the passing game.

The Carter Hornets have no chance barring divine intervention

You have heard that Carter does have GOD playing for them, Moses was a linebacker and we had angels in the backfield. Carter 20 Seymour 0, I guess we had the divine intervention, looks like to me it is Carter 82 and Seymour 0. GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Seymour wins this game. It will not be close. Seymour has to much talent and speed for Carter to match up. Seymour wins 31 - 7.

Hey a big thanks to you Former Player your comment just gave a little more fuel to the fire to the Hornets. No it wasn't close because the Eagles got their wings clipped as for speed and talent when you have a team like Carter that not only has speed and talent they have that one thing that Coaches can only pray for they have HEART and the way they played Friday night showed it. WTG Ryan Roach for 96 yard TD and to Landry Stanton for connecting with him. G Caldwell what can be said you are one heck of a player, but you know I can go on and on about all the players on the team but I am not here to do that I am here to say CONGRATULATIONS CARTER HORNETS you played as the Championship Team that the whole community knows you can and you WON as the Championship Team.

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Like I said before, I have been wrong in the past. This was just another example. Congrats to Carter for winning the game. I did not see the game but I looked at the box score. Looks like Carter made some big plays on offense. However, other than three plays, it looked like Seymour shut them down. I guess moral victories don't count though. Carter's defense must have played pretty well, but Seymour's offense seems to struggle inside the 10 this year. Anyways, congrats again to Carter on a big win.

Like I said before, I have been wrong in the past. This was just another example. Congrats to Carter for winning the game. I did not see the game but I looked at the box score. Looks like Carter made some big plays on offense. However, other than three plays, it looked like Seymour shut them down. I guess moral victories don't count though. Carter's defense must have played pretty well, but Seymour's offense seems to struggle inside the 10 this year. Anyways, congrats again to Carter on a big win.

If you didn't see the game then how can you say that it looked like Seymour shut Carter down on all but 3 plays. It was Carter that shut Seymour down several times on the goal line. Carter played great ball, and were fighting a battle that was won and well deserved. As for moral victories Carter played by the rules you tell me how a player on the other team can get in the ref's face and Carter gets an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Lets just say that both teams went out to play a good game and to give the crowd something to watch and they did. Both teams played it just seemed that Carter wanted it more. CONGRATULATIONS to both teams on a game well played and let's all Thank God that there was no player taken off in an ambulance and that they are all able to play in this coming weeks games. Good Luck Seymour in this weeks game

Seymour[/url]'s offense seems to struggle inside the 10 this year

FormerPlayer, I think that their problem inside the 10 stems from the offense that they are running. A team that plays a predominantly shotgun, spread formation tends to be hemmed in by the short yardage and struggles to find a play that works. I would like to see more teams go back to the smash-mouth style of play from the old days. I understand that the spread formation is the flavor-of-the-month offense, and every highschool, college, and pro team is running it...but when you need 3 yards, and have 3 plays to do it, nothing brings the satifaction of going into a double tightend set and relying on your team's weightroom to push the ball forward. Sorry folks, I will step off of my little soapbox now. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If you didn't see the game then how can you say that it looked like Seymour shut Carter down on all but 3 plays. It was Carter that shut Seymour down several times on the goal line. Carter played great ball, and were fighting a battle that was won and well deserved. As for moral victories Carter played by the rules you tell me how a player on the other team can get in the ref's face and Carter gets an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Lets just say that both teams went out to play a good game and to give the crowd something to watch and they did. Both teams played it just seemed that Carter wanted it more. CONGRATULATIONS to both teams on a game well played and let's all Thank God that there was no player taken off in an ambulance and that they are all able to play in this coming weeks games. Good Luck Seymour in this weeks game

How can I say that it looked like Seymour shut Carter down? Well, when I looked in the box score it said that Carter only had 5 first downs the entire game. They had like 30 something rushing yards and 160 passing yards, with 97 of those coming on one play. That is why I said it looked like they made some big plays, because other that those three plays I don't see were Carter did anything. I am not trying to take anything away from Carter. You need big plays to win those types of games. I did not see the game, I am just giving my opinion based on the stats and reading articles about the game. I had no preference on the team that won this game. I am an unbiased fan in this case.

As for moral victories Carter played by the rules you tell me how a player on the other team can get in the ref's face and Carter gets an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

When, I said that I guess moral victories don't count, I was referring to the fact that Seymour can't consider doing a great job on defense, when they gave up those 3 big plays. I said nothing about playing by the rules. You had to expect both teams to show some emotion, both good and bad, in this game, history tells you that.

I wish both teams luck the rest of the season. Again, congrats to Carter on a big win.

How can I say that it looked like Seymour shut Carter down? Well, when I looked in the box score it said that Carter only had 5 first downs the entire game. They had like 30 something rushing yards and 160 passing yards, with 97 of those coming on one play.

I was at the game, and I'm not totally sure that the box score is correct on the first downs. I thought I remember Carter having about eight, but then again I may be totally wrong.

I hate I missed the game seems like the Carter bunch is a little better that everyone expected. Sometimes it seems like a certain team has your number and it looks like Carter has Seymour's. But lets all remember one thing both of these teams are 4A schools playing in a week 3A region.

I hate I missed the game seems like the Carter bunch is a little better that everyone expected. Sometimes it seems like a certain team has your number and it looks like Carter has Seymour's. But lets all remember one thing both of these teams are 4A schools playing in a week 3A region.

I couldn't agree more. If these teams played the competition they were supposed to, they would get it handed to them every week. For example, see what Carter did the first few weeks of the season when they played 4A schools. Does anyone know when they re-classify? Do you think both of these schools will go to 4A?

Both of these schools have been classified by the TSSAA, as well as the School System in which they are located. Seymour has never been 4A. If I'm not mistaken Carter was in 4A, but enrollment declined. I will have to say that their are quite a few more schools playing 3A ball with bigger numbers. Check out the TSSAA.ORG site it will tell you what the numbers are. Seymours numbers now are much larger than they were two years ago. They will be in 4A ball next reclassification, but for right now they are in 3A. Fulton, Catholic, AC, and maybe Gibbs will probably be making the jump to 4A ball. The numbers and projected numbers show them their. I also think some of Carter's enrollment issues has to do with changing the school zones. Seymour is just exploding.They reclassify for the 2009 season.