Milan @ USJ - Thursday Night Football

Bulldog Fan #2

ya i say that the dogs wil win...umm 21-7.. or some where in that ball park..the dogs have a killer defence and ofence has not been puttin a lot of points on the bord..so i say a low scoring game..it will be a good one i think. but i will be there..in fact i anit missed a dogs game yet. next year il be able to play. my old school waited to long to send my papers so untill next year all i can do is cheer..lol..

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff..can't wait to see you folks in full swing...was Booker T. Washington actually that good enough to play with ya'll for a bit???

i really dont think so.. ya they were ok but i was sittin on the vistors side with there very little fans. but ya the fans had hope they were all tellin us that we might as well take of our purple and throuh on some green cuz we was gonna get wooped..one of my friends got to play alot that night and he never ever ever plays

I've heard enough about dirty play from last year... I was there...I'm a former coach and I played at a very high level...and I've watched the films also. There was not an intentional "dirty hit" to injure a milan player...what happened is very, very unfortunate as most injuries are. You can say all you want but the injury was just unfortunate. GC and several Dawgs will disagree but they are wrong...I'm sure that will be argued but big deal nothing will change their minds.

As far as a player making derogatory comments...cant speak about that other than the person accused of the comment has graduated and boy are we glad!! I don't think that you can over come stupidity and ignorance. With all that being said, if Milan sets out to intentionally injury an opposing player, I would be suprised because I believe that the Milan coaches have more class than that and wouldn't allow that to happen.

Now about thurs. game... JPMULL has stated the gameday situation as well as anyone could.

Bottom line....if anyone misses this thurs. night game...shame on you because it should be one of the best games this year!!! Good luck to both teams, play a great game and God Bless everyone involved!

About the dirty play last year we will just have to agree to disagree. It's not very often players are told by the refs that they will be ejected if any more dirty play is seen. It is even more rare for dirty play to continue after the warning and for players to be ejected like they were last year. It is more rare still for a coach to slap a kid on the butt and tell him good game as he is walking off of the field after being ejected for dirty play after being warned about playing dirty. Now almost all of the players this year for milan were there when that happened and they have been waiting over a year for revenge. You are absolutley right about milan not trying to intentionally hurt people. that would be stooping to a level that milan dosent play at. BUT, you can expect the hardest hitting most intense milan team you have ever had the misfortune of playing to step on the field thursday night. You can expect every reciever that goes up for a pass in the middle of the field to be slow getting up and I would get my second string QB ready for a play every now and then because no matter how good yall thing hardegree its hard to take a snap when everything is still spinning and your chinstrap is down around your neck. I'd make arrangements to have extra ice on hand at the field house after the game. This game will be clean but you can bet your life it will also be brutal.

Are you contesting that USJ players weren't ejected last year for repeated unsportsmanlike like play? We can argue all day about what was intentional and wasn’t but facts are facts and you cant dispute them. As for my post being a threat, if you would so kindly point out what was threatening i would appreciate it. Yeah I said that Milan will be there to hit and hit hard. I wouldn't want to be a USJ receiver going for a pass across the middle because they will be hit (cleanly and hard) and I wouldn't want to be standing in the pocked with Milan’s D-line bearing down on me. I don’t know what’s threatening about that. Milan will hit hard but it will be in the mouth not in the knees. I said that Milan wouldn't stoop so low as to intentionally injure an opposing player. Beyond that no promises can be made.

WOW - you gotta love West TN football! I mean, where else can you get this kind of entertainment?

It's obvious there's a mixture of people posting here at CoachT...you've got the obvious Freshmen who want to play (and do most of the talking here probably), the Sophomores/Juniors who might get to play (and claim they saw/heard things in last year's game that may/may not have happened, even though they were probably on the sidelines with the water bottles), some seniors who have started all 4 years and are mature enough to only state facts and will let their play on the field Thurs night speak for itself, and a few adults who have been there, played in the tough games, been hit in the mouth and the knees, and now probably have sons playing this Thursday.

I LOVE the intensity and passion that bleeds through the posts here...I LOVE the way that you each of you have pride for your football team and the Friday night heroes (Thurs this week - hey LivingLegend - why is the game on Thurs? LOL). These are things that being a football player in HS is all about.

What I DON'T appreciate is the unsportmanship that is exhibited with some of the posts (BDDynasty, GC - among others). While I'm new here, this forum seems to be an excellent place for all of us to banter about who might win and which players will have big games - NOT a place to threaten or stir up even more bad feelings to possibly provoke something happening in a very important Region game. BDDynasty - not to single you out, but you are the loudest of the "stir-ers". If you are a player for Milan, I'm left to wonder which category you fit into from the list above...probably an underclassman. Usually those that boast the loudest, aren't the ones in the trenches - they aren't the ones battling every play for the extra yardage or the defensive turnover. Take my advice young man...stop talking so much, watch some more game film, get into the gym and get stronger, and stand next to the coach and beg to be put in before the game is over!

Enough preaching...good luck Thursday night. Let your play on the field show those of us watching how strong you are, how much effort and planning you have put into this game, and how well you can execute and adapt on the battlefield. That's what this is...a battlefield...I know because I've been there.

Oh yeah, anyone know why this game is on Thursday? just kidding /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

WOW - you gotta love West TN football! I mean, where else can you get this kind of entertainment?

It's obvious there's a mixture of people posting here at CoachT...you've got the obvious Freshmen who want to play (and do most of the talking here probably), the Sophomores/Juniors who might get to play (and claim they saw/heard things in last year's game that may/may not have happened, even though they were probably on the sidelines with the water bottles), some seniors who have started all 4 years and are mature enough to only state facts and will let their play on the field Thurs night speak for itself, and a few adults who have been there, played in the tough games, been hit in the mouth and the knees, and now probably have sons playing this Thursday.

I LOVE the intensity and passion that bleeds through the posts here...I LOVE the way that you each of you have pride for your football team and the Friday night heroes (Thurs this week - hey LivingLegend - why is the game on Thurs? LOL). These are things that being a football player in HS is all about.

What I DON'T appreciate is the unsportmanship that is exhibited with some of the posts (BDDynasty, GC - among others). While I'm new here, this forum seems to be an excellent place for all of us to banter about who might win and which players will have big games - NOT a place to threaten or stir up even more bad feelings to possibly provoke something happening in a very important Region game. BDDynasty - not to single you out, but you are the loudest of the "stir-ers". If you are a player for Milan, I'm left to wonder which category you fit into from the list above...probably an underclassman. Usually those that boast the loudest, aren't the ones in the trenches - they aren't the ones battling every play for the extra yardage or the defensive turnover. Take my advice young man...stop talking so much, watch some more game film, get into the gym and get stronger, and stand next to the coach and beg to be put in before the game is over!

Enough preaching...good luck Thursday night. Let your play on the field show those of us watching how strong you are, how much effort and planning you have put into this game, and how well you can execute and adapt on the battlefield. That's what this is...a battlefield...I know because I've been there.

Oh yeah, anyone know why this game is on Thursday? just kidding /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I've been reading these message boards for a couple of years and I have never seen anything posted by anyone that I recognize as an active Milan player. Every post I have ever seen has been by either a former player, or a fan.