Maryville's Schedule is WEAK!

WarriorFan

........... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ........... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ............... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Ahhhh....LEXINGTON......I think we played again in 1988.........did you go to the game?

Nope, did not attend, but I do remember the night. My parents had other plans already made, so I stayed at my grandparents house becuase they didn't want to go because it was going to be too crowded and so listened to it on radio instead. Believe the final was 55-28 off the top of my head. Could be wrong on that.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, did not attend, but I do remember the night. My parents had other plans already made, so I stayed at my grandparents house becuase they didn't want to go because it was going to be too crowded and so listened to it on radio instead. Believe the final was 55-28 off the top of my head. Could be wrong on that.

You had a big time RB if I remember ....Kendall....what is the last name?

Because we play 9th graders (and in the past couple of years back, have started an 8th grader(that is not a joke) on the DL), we have about 400 in high school. It is really a bigger event, though. We packed our side of McCallie's stadium last time we played. This year, we played them at UTC's Floyd stadium. It is bigger than 750 kids in 6-12. BA travels well.....remember that a 100 + football team has lots of family members and friends support. When BA comes into town, people come to see who they are. I am sure Maryville gets that too. Before the split, a BA state championship would bring 18-30,000 to Vanderbilt stadium...the year we played Alcoa in 88, there were 21,000....89 against Alcoa..12,000...92 Marion Co. 17,500.....93 Cleveland 18,000....91 Powell..11,000.....86 Austin East..10,500, 87 Austin East 14,500......96 Jefferson Co.....18,000. Of course, those are just when we have played east TN teams in the last 20 years......the second highest attendance to ever see a TN state championship was 28,500 when BA played against Riverdale in 1995. I don't think you would have trouble with the gate....Of course......since the split, and the induction of 8 championships in TN, attendance has been watered down tremendously......Of course, there were fans for both sides, but people come see BA play to see who they are. In checking attendance on http://www.tssaa.org , the most to ever see a Maryville team play in the state championship has been 7,672 in 2006. The rest on the games have pretty much been in the 4500 range. You would get plenty from Knoxville to see the matchup, as well as all over the east state. A BA Maryville matchup would be a TN HS football fan's dream. Kind of like a FL vs. FL St vs. Miami game of the past. Possibly the biggest gate ever at Maryville. I don't think you would have to worry about the gate.

You have 100+ on the football team? out of a possible 200ish thats amazing! not trying to be a smart A-- do you give financial aid or are all theese kids parents able to afford tuition? BTW what is tuition to BA? and who decides who gets in or is it open to anyone? with the above #s i'm guessing 1/2 the students are female also i don't doubt the 8th grader thing i watched an 8th grader from greenback win the state HS wrestling championship last year @ 103lb. and i think there were 2 more in the private school div.

here's the thing. when Maryville moves to 5A they will still be good. They just wont be a powerhouse like they are in 4A. Maryville will take about 3 or 4 years to really feel the impact. Once they arent able to play their young guys after the 1st quater every game and those young guys become juniors and senoirs w/o any varsity experience. thats how maryville stays good year after year. its b/c their players already have plenty of experience. it will be a different story when they gotta fight to win every week.

I do not think that they are afraid of a fight as we witnessed against WB.These are not kids who think wins are to be handed to them The heart they showed is enough to predict a smoothe transition to 5A without much of a hitch.The better competition will only make them better and then where will the naysayers and haters want to put them?winning begets winning and there is alot of begetting ahead for Maryville.Nobody wants to be the class to stop the win streak and I say it will only intensify their "fight".the move will opnly help Maryville become a stronger team.

MY fault I guess you can`t get there from here let me quote him this is Bob Kanaby fron the NFHS and I quote (The court has recognized that recruting has no place at the highschool level) . I personally don`t` care if you do or don`t. You and brandon always want facts and the posters give them to you and still continue on the same trail. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I guess a dead link and an alleged quote from someone would be backing something up with a "cobrajet fact" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here is a link for you cobra: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/ There is bound to be something going on in your life which might require you to site this as a source. Elvis sighting, UFO, etc. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I do not think that they are afraid of a fight as we witnessed against WB.These are not kids who think wins are to be handed to them The heart they showed is enough to predict a smoothe transition to 5A without much of a hitch.The better competition will only make them better and then where will the naysayers and haters want to put them?winning begets winning and there is alot of begetting ahead for Maryville.Nobody wants to be the class to stop the win streak and I say it will only intensify their "fight".the move will opnly help Maryville become a stronger team.

Excellent Post! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> This is all I have been attempting to say in this whole thread is that better competition makes the program stronger.

You have 100+ on the football team? out of a possible 200ish thats amazing! not trying to be a smart A-- do you give financial aid or are all theese kids parents able to afford tuition? BTW what is tuition to BA? and who decides who gets in or is it open to anyone? with the above #s i'm guessing 1/2 the students are female also i don't doubt the 8th grader thing i watched an 8th grader from greenback win the state HS wrestling championship last year @ 103lb. and i think there were 2 more in the private school div.

Some kids are on financial aid, but no one goes for free. Actually, few recieve aid. 32Skeedo has two kids there. Many alumni send their children there because of how good it was to them as a kid, and it is not uncommon to see families send several kids through the years. The school is that good to send your kids to. Tuition for each kid is over $15K, not including meals, books, activities, etc.

Not so fast .what was the SUPREME COURT rulling that the TSSAA got against BA on the subject of recruiting? I think it went against you. I think there was some evidence there don`t you/ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As was mentioned already the Supreme Court's decision did not say BA was guilty of recruiting, it just said the TSSAA did not violate BA's right to free speech. It is mentioned in numerous places that the TSSAA has since banned the practice of incoming 8th graders practicing with the high school team. That being said if it was legal to do so before, then why was BA punished for that? The TSSAA has always been and will always be a joke. Sorry to get so far off the original topic. It is just that when people take things which are false and represent them as the truth about my school I get offended.

Ken Colquette used to do at Marion County what Brandon is wanting Maryville to do. Colquette used to play up to make Marion better. He played upper division schools regardless of the outcome. It only helped Marion come play-off time. Marion played Baylor when they were ranked, Shelbyville when they were ranked, Soddy Daisy (on Soddy's homecoming) when they were ranked and beat all of them. He scheduled Alabama power Etowah County when Patrick Nix(Auburn) was quarterback. Marion lost that game, but got better for doing so. Colquette also scrimmaged the toughest teams around including Cleveland and Riverdale. Playing these teams helped MC to beat the Brentwoods, MUS's, and Maryvilles come play-off time. It just makes you a better program.

Ken Colquette used to do at Marion County what Brandon is wanting Maryville to do. Colquette used to play up to make Marion better. He played upper division schools regardless of the outcome. It only helped Marion come play-off time. Marion played Baylor when they were ranked, Shelbyville when they were ranked, Soddy Daisy (on Soddy's homecoming) when they were ranked and beat all of them. He scheduled Alabama power Etowah County when Patrick Nix(Auburn) was quarterback. Marion lost that game, but got better for doing so. Colquette also scrimmaged the toughest teams around including Cleveland and Riverdale. Playing these teams helped MC to beat the Brentwoods, MUS's, and Maryvilles come play-off time. It just makes you a better program.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Eric Westmoreland on that team that beat BA in the 92 Clinic Bowl? That was a very good Marion County team.