Who is going to win Class A in 08?

UCSportsFan

Santa Fe is going to state this year!! might not win gold but theyll be there

Santa Fe has a chance considering they return the bulk of their offense (Gardner, White, and Sewell) from a very good team last year but it will be very tough for them to make it. They have to first get through Richland in District 11A and then have to beat at least two of the three District 12A juggernauts this year in Collinwood (Abby Andrews), Wayne County (returns four starters), and Perry County (returns all five starters) in the Region 6A Tournament. Even if Santa Fe wins the District 11A Tournament, they will probably end up playing a somewhat down (but never out) Summertown squad and I do not believe that Santa Fe has ever beaten Summertown (at least not in the past 5+ years). That would be a good first round Region 6A match-up though with Santa Fe having a HUGE advantage inside and Summertown having a HUGE advantage at the guard spots.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, give me someone out of 7a and i'll take my chances. Jackson Co. got the only piece they needed last year, a dominant post player, and that team went to the semi-finals. Clarkrange looks to be dominanting as well. But there may be one surprise this year in 7a.....Pickett Co. same players, but they've added a big time coach in Brent Smith. Its never been the lack of players in PC the past few years, it was getting a coach who coud handle all the attitudes and out coach the other team, Smith can do that. He took PC boys baskettball program to the state twice and won a championship himself as a player.

Your'e right CatchPC Pickett Co. should be very good this year. Please forgive me for not mentioning them before. Pickett is always tough at home and they have a solid group of starters coming back including one of my favorite players Miss Lindsey Wright! From all that i've heard the new coach has the girls excited about the upcoming year. I have alot of respect for their previous coach as well, does anyone know if Allison is coaching elsewhere this year?

Guest theshadow

Sorry about that..I didn't even notice until you pointed it out..Meant pretty tough!

mrbigster,

Be careful with your spelling,your posts and make sure you have your info and facts straight.

Be careful with idle talk like,I'd bet the farm.You might lose the farm if you bet.

It's amazing how one can be an expert,but not have any knowledge or facts to back it up.

The shadow knows

Your'e right CatchPC Pickett Co. should be very good this year. Please forgive me for not mentioning them before. Pickett is always tough at home and they have a solid group of starters coming back including one of my favorite players Miss Lindsey Wright! From all that i've heard the new coach has the girls excited about the upcoming year. I have alot of respect for their previous coach as well, does anyone know if Allison is coaching elsewhere this year?

Yeah devil, I think PC will be pretty good this year....not that I was bashing any of the former coachs in my previous post. Allison did an excellent job while she was at PC, and after I made that post I saw that it seemed like I might have been bashing her....not at all what I was saying. She was a good coach. I was simply stating that I know Brent's coaching stategy and he fits this team really well. I think Allison is on the coaching staff at Cookeville, I know she's teaching there. I still think this district is between jackson co and clarkrange.

Alot of excitement up in PC this year, and surprisingly its not all about the boys basketball team.

7a is loaded this year. Monterey,Celina,pickett co.,clarkrange, jackson co.,and should be a fun year to enjoy. It will certainly be no disgrace to finish 2 or 3 in the dist., this year. Or for that matter as long as the play is fast and good no one should hold their head down when they come up on the short end of the score. They can be proud they are playing in the best dist., in the state.The above teams were not listed in no particular order of expected finish.Let,t here your opinions , I enjoy this time of the year. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I really think that Jackson Co should bring home the gold ball this year. They had a good season last year, but I really think this season will be a break-out year for them. They are a great group of girls with tremendous talent. The rest of 7A are in no way weak, as this is the only district I'm very familar with. With such talented teams, we should be enstore for an exciting and entertaining season! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I can't wait till games start, this off-season kills me.

I really think that Jackson Co should bring home the gold ball this year. They had a good season last year, but I really think this season will be a break-out year for them. They are a great group of girls with tremendous talent. The rest of 7A are in no way weak, as this is the only district I'm very familar with. With such talented teams, we should be enstore for an exciting and entertaining season! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I can't wait till games start, this off-season kills me.

7-A only has 3 or 4 decent teams in it, 14-A has 6 or 7 decent teams in it.The district with Collinwood is the other district with decent teams.Your state champs are somewhere in one of these three disticts. Mark it down. I don't think Jackson County is a frontrunner but definately in the top tier of contenders.Lake county is the most talented team in the state.They have athletes like noone else in A ball.If they learn to play together watch out.Bradford is on the verge of being very ,very good. Proudfit(Bradford) and Kinney(lake County) are really good players.Gleason will be solid again.